Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing and we're all going nowhere

Ding, the reasons why we don't understand the nature of dark matter and dark energy yet, does not make your religion true.

Your religion is only true, because your parents or caregivers, sold you on it.

There's so much more to learn from very intelligent people here.

It will blow your mind...

Ding, the reasons why we don't understand the nature of dark matter and dark energy yet, does not make your religion true.

Your religion is only true, because your parents or caregivers, sold you on it.

There's so much more to learn from very intelligent people here.

It will blow your mind...
I see. What is it that you do again for a living that would make me want to follow your advice?

You keep avoiding this
The OLDEST matter in the universe accelerating IS a violation of the SLoT if entropy is supposed to be increasing over time, as you have said repeatedly, causing usable energy to decrease over time "approaching zero" as you say.
Again, if the SLoT is the ruling Law of the universe, how can the oldest matter in the universe, which according to you MUST be the most entropy laden matter in the universe, be accelerating rather than slowing down???
The obvious answer is that the SLoT is NOT the ruling Law in the life cycle of the universe!
My money is on GRAVITY being the ruling Law of the universe, but we lack a Quantum Theory of Gravity to prove it at this time.
I didn't avoid it. I already explained to you that since no one understands why it is accelerating that they don't know that it is violating the second law of thermodynamics. You have already admitted that in the vast majority of cases that entropy increases and usable energy is decreased. This precludes an infinite acting universe. So that in a cyclic infinite acting universe as time approaches zero usable energy approaches zero. Furthermore, it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Why are you avoiding this?

Again, all you do is pontificate.

If the universe is expanding then it must have a beginning. If you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. You cannot continue that history indefinitely. This is still true even if a universe has periods of contraction. It still has to have a beginning if expansion over weights the contraction. Physicists have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning. The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state. A cyclical universe cannot avoid this problem. The model by Steinhardt and Turok does not have this problem. They have cycles but the size of the cycle increases with time. So the next cycle is bigger than the first. So in this sense the total entropy of the universe still increases but the entropy you see in your limited region may not grow. This model does no contradict the inflation model because since each cycle is bigger than the previous cycle you still have expansion. And since you still have expansion, it still has to have a beginning because if you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

"and we're all going nowhere"

Why are the religious so obsessed that they have to "go somewhere"?
Why can't you just die? There is a beginning and an end to everything

Get over it

I agree! But that would take away all the power and money that these institutions are here for, because religions need followers to believe in an afterlife, to excuse their actions during life. Everyone's afraid to die, so religions have to promise a better world afterwards, in order to get their followers to do their bidding during life, and create armies, power and money for the rulers and their families.

Nobody just wants to die based on some random person's orders. But if they believe it was dictated by "god" and will lead them to the "heaven" of their respective religion, then they'll be a heckuva lot more likely to give up their lives for a ruler that they have never met.

This has been the role of religion throughout history. To create legions of followers willing to donate all they can, and armies of followers willing to die for their leader, in the hopes that it gives them eternal salvation and glory in their "heaven".....

It's just the ultimate scam. :)
Yes, it is a scam that has gone on for thousands of years

Give me money and power and I will assure you of eternal life and happiness

You keep avoiding this
The OLDEST matter in the universe accelerating IS a violation of the SLoT if entropy is supposed to be increasing over time, as you have said repeatedly, causing usable energy to decrease over time "approaching zero" as you say.
Again, if the SLoT is the ruling Law of the universe, how can the oldest matter in the universe, which according to you MUST be the most entropy laden matter in the universe, be accelerating rather than slowing down???
The obvious answer is that the SLoT is NOT the ruling Law in the life cycle of the universe!
My money is on GRAVITY being the ruling Law of the universe, but we lack a Quantum Theory of Gravity to prove it at this time.
I didn't avoid it. I already explained to you that since no one understands why it is accelerating that they don't know that it is violating the second law of thermodynamics. You have already admitted that in the vast majority of cases that entropy increases and usable energy is decreased. This precludes an infinite acting universe. So that in a cyclic infinite acting universe as time approaches zero usable energy approaches zero. Furthermore, it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Why are you avoiding this?

Again, all you do is pontificate.

If the universe is expanding then it must have a beginning. If you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. You cannot continue that history indefinitely. This is still true even if a universe has periods of contraction. It still has to have a beginning if expansion over weights the contraction. Physicists have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning. The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state. A cyclical universe cannot avoid this problem. The model by Steinhardt and Turok does not have this problem. They have cycles but the size of the cycle increases with time. So the next cycle is bigger than the first. So in this sense the total entropy of the universe still increases but the entropy you see in your limited region may not grow. This model does no contradict the inflation model because since each cycle is bigger than the previous cycle you still have expansion. And since you still have expansion, it still has to have a beginning because if you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

STILL trying to find someone to agree with your nonsense? :lmao:

Get over it

I agree! But that would take away all the power and money that these institutions are here for, because religions need followers to believe in an afterlife, to excuse their actions during life. Everyone's afraid to die, so religions have to promise a better world afterwards, in order to get their followers to do their bidding during life, and create armies, power and money for the rulers and their families.

Nobody just wants to die based on some random person's orders. But if they believe it was dictated by "god" and will lead them to the "heaven" of their respective religion, then they'll be a heckuva lot more likely to give up their lives for a ruler that they have never met.

This has been the role of religion throughout history. To create legions of followers willing to donate all they can, and armies of followers willing to die for their leader, in the hopes that it gives them eternal salvation and glory in their "heaven".....

Karl Marx had the same opinion as you do.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

Human Requirements and Division of Labour, Marx, 1844

Get over it

Sheesh, its as if all those religious people out there who sided with Trump never understood the teaching in the story about the talking serpent, more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made, never heeded the warning, and never understood the hard learned lessons of the past ...

The watchmen are blind, the shepherds are in a drunken stupor.

Get over it

Sheesh, its as if all those religious people out there who sided with Trump never understood the teaching in the story about the talking serpent, more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made, never heeded the warning, and never understood the hard learned lessons of the past ...

But the religious people who sided with Hillary are ok, right?

Get over it

No, I'll take whats behind door number three.

No matter how you see things the facts show that the white house has been overrun by a brood of nasty serpents with an extremely virulent poison.

Not to worry!

I have the antidote.

Last edited:

Get over it

Nice dodge.

Nice dodge.

I see that you have no intentions of ever doing the right thing and I have not intentions of trying to dissuade you. In fact the only reason I continue to talk to you and many others here at all is for the benefit of those standing around, watching, who have not yet joined a herd of swine and thrown themselves over a cliff.

For as long as you persist in sin, your mind will continue to slowly disintegrate into nothingness, incapable of surviving death..

You might not realize this but I have opened up for you a brief opportunity to escape a terrible fate.

Do yourself a favor and take it while you still have a chance..

Last edited:
The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state.
You keep repeating the same thing, which will not explain how the oldest and therefore most entropy laden matter is accelerating away from us.

You need to see the universe as a perpetual commotion machine with an entropy of zero.

The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state.
You keep repeating the same thing, which will not explain how the oldest and therefore most entropy laden matter is accelerating away from us.

You need to see the universe as a perpetual commotion machine with an entropy of zero.
Is it your belief that the total entropy of the universe is decreasing? Do you have any credible source for that belief?

Do you believe that the total entropy of the universe never decreases? Do you have any credible source for that belief?

Do you have any credible sources for any of your beliefs?

Last edited:

Is it your belief that the total entropy of the universe is decreasing? Do you have any credible source for that belief?

Do you believe that the total entropy of the universe never decreases? Do you have any credible source for that belief?

Well, I already gave you Hawking for the first, and the SLoT covers the second and third questions. Entropy is greater than OR EQUAL TO zero.

Entropy increases in some local parts of the universe and decreases at the extremes, as shown by the acceleration of matter at the extremes, giving the total universe an entropy of zero, consistent with the SLOT.

Well, I already gave you Hawking for the first, and the SLoT covers the second and third questions. Entropy is greater than OR EQUAL TO zero.

Entropy increases in some local parts of the universe and decreases at the extremes, as shown by the acceleration of matter at the extremes, giving the total universe an entropy of zero, consistent with the SLOT.
So, then you can't provide a link to anything you claim.

I already did it earlier in this thread, just because you ignored it and are too lazy to go back and read it does not require me to post it again.

Last edited:
matters trajectory in a vacuum will not be affected by entropy from completing its angular loop.

I already did it earlier in this thread, just because you ignored it and are too lazy to go back and read it does not require me to post it again.
Actually you didn't. You haven't explained how the universe started. You haven't provided any credible sources who explain how the universe started. You haven't even provided the model. Do you have a link for anything? Here let me give you an example:

The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Can you provide something like this? Or are you just full of shit?

The concepts entropy and negative entropy are used to measure the transfer of molecules. In thermodynamics, entropy measures heat transfer. Heat flows naturally from a warmer to a cooler substance because heating molecules makes them more active, which increases their randomness. The substance that loses heat in the transfer process experiences negative entropy, but both substances as a combined system experience increased entropy.

What is negative entropy?

delta s > 0 means that the process is possible but irreversible

delta s = 0 means that a process is possible but reversible

delta s < o means that a process is impossible

Based on the ideas of Lord Kelvin, Joule, Boltzmann, Carnot, and Clausius, the first and second laws of thermodynamics can now be restated in two profound sentences:

The total energy of the universe is a constant.
The total entropy of the universe always increases.
SECOND LAW

Forum List

Back