Atheism takes courage

I wish I could simply "turn off" my rational mind. Imagine how much easier life is for those who can, so easily, simply ignore all of the rational, logical flaws inherent in their faith. Life would be so much easier if I could just ignore that I know what I know, and pretend that there is a "happily ever after" that no one has ever confirmed.

I agree with most of that. Life is hopeless without faith. Life has no meaning without faith. It must take some amount of guts to realize your entire existence has no purpose or value, and still keep living. You are nothing more than an accident. You will be remembered as nothing more than a dash between two dates on a bit of carved stone, that soon enough no one will visit or care about.

Ground_Marker_with_Black_Plaque_1.jpg

I've walked through the graveyards. I've seen the stones, without flowers, without trimming. Someday our names will be on a stone, or urn, or whatever it is your flesh will lay by.

When you have the stone made, it will likely have two dates, and those two dates will represent everything you have done in your whole life. 15 December 1950 - 21 February 2004. That dash, that simple flat straight mark (-) ... that will be everything there is to know that you did in your entire life.

For you to accept that this single mark is all that will be left as a summary of your entire existence.... and you bother to keep living, knowing that even the effort to suck in the air, is a futile waste of time, caused by a cosmic accident, that has no more care for you than the microbes living on your skin.......

I'll admit it. That takes courage. Courage to be a waste, live a waste, and die a waste. I wouldn't live that life.

If I truly believed the same as you, that there was no purpose, no G-d, and that faith was actually an irrational, illogical, myth.... I would go to the nearest gun shop, and place a revolver to my head, and end it now. Why bother? Nothing matters. Life doesn't matter. Death doesn't matter. Nothing I do will accomplish anything, and nothing will be remembered. Life in that world view has no more value than breeding a 8 billion cockroaches, and then gassing them all.

But if there is faith. If there is a purpose. If love does matter in something beyond this short life. If there is a G-d that rewards the faithful, and gives blessings in this life, and beyond the grave.

If it is logical, and rational, to believe that the evidence shows there is meaning between a man and a wife, and parents and their children, that isn't just a cosmic accident, and that choices made here, will have eternal value....

Then.... I can safely say that it is all worth it in the end.

I have to thank G-d in heaven, that I am weak enough to live in the joy of being a Christian. I would never have the strength to live in the misery and hopelessness of being an atheist.

Atheists are just outright ridiculous. Why when God very well could be the truth (and is) and hell is really where one will Go if he chooses to follow Satan and not God why would you take the chance of being in eternal torment rather than following Jesus simple instructions to find him and he will reveal himself? You chose wrong big time...
Why don’t you take a chance and become a Muslim or Mormon?

So now why would we follow your religion?

We don’t follow or believe in Satan or Jesus. You don’t realize how stupid you sound
because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.

I wish I could simply "turn off" my rational mind. Imagine how much easier life is for those who can, so easily, simply ignore all of the rational, logical flaws inherent in their faith. Life would be so much easier if I could just ignore that I know what I know, and pretend that there is a "happily ever after" that no one has ever confirmed.

I agree with most of that. Life is hopeless without faith. Life has no meaning without faith. It must take some amount of guts to realize your entire existence has no purpose or value, and still keep living. You are nothing more than an accident. You will be remembered as nothing more than a dash between two dates on a bit of carved stone, that soon enough no one will visit or care about.

View attachment 173786

I've walked through the graveyards. I've seen the stones, without flowers, without trimming. Someday our names will be on a stone, or urn, or whatever it is your flesh will lay by.

When you have the stone made, it will likely have two dates, and those two dates will represent everything you have done in your whole life. 15 December 1950 - 21 February 2004. That dash, that simple flat straight mark (-) ... that will be everything there is to know that you did in your entire life.

For you to accept that this single mark is all that will be left as a summary of your entire existence.... and you bother to keep living, knowing that even the effort to suck in the air, is a futile waste of time, caused by a cosmic accident, that has no more care for you than the microbes living on your skin.......

I'll admit it. That takes courage. Courage to be a waste, live a waste, and die a waste. I wouldn't live that life.

If I truly believed the same as you, that there was no purpose, no G-d, and that faith was actually an irrational, illogical, myth.... I would go to the nearest gun shop, and place a revolver to my head, and end it now. Why bother? Nothing matters. Life doesn't matter. Death doesn't matter. Nothing I do will accomplish anything, and nothing will be remembered. Life in that world view has no more value than breeding a 8 billion cockroaches, and then gassing them all.

But if there is faith. If there is a purpose. If love does matter in something beyond this short life. If there is a G-d that rewards the faithful, and gives blessings in this life, and beyond the grave.

If it is logical, and rational, to believe that the evidence shows there is meaning between a man and a wife, and parents and their children, that isn't just a cosmic accident, and that choices made here, will have eternal value....

I have to thank G-d in heaven, that I am weak enough to live in the joy of being a Christian. I would never have the strength to live in the misery and hopelessness of being an atheist.
It does not take courage to be an atheist. Atheists believe that morality is flexible. They believe that they can do whatever they like, without any repercussions, as long as it's "legal". In fact, the only thing required to be an atheist is to deny the truth. Where's the courage in that?

Atheists are just outright ridiculous. Why when God very well could be the truth (and is) and hell is really where one will Go if he chooses to follow Satan and not God why would you take the chance of being in eternal torment rather than following Jesus simple instructions to find him and he will reveal himself? You chose wrong big time...

We don’t follow or believe in Satan or Jesus. You don’t realize how stupid you sound
because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.
You mean the Old Testament or new? How come jews who were witnesses didn’t and don’t believe but you who comes from somewhere else swallows the stories?

View attachment 173786

It does not take courage to be an atheist. Atheists believe that morality is flexible. They believe that they can do whatever they like, without any repercussions, as long as it's "legal". In fact, the only thing required to be an atheist is to deny the truth. Where's the courage in that?
It used to be ok for Christians to own slaves. Explain

View attachment 173786

I met another atheist at the dog park today. He and I believe in karma.

View attachment 173786

Didn’t Christians come to America steal the land and murder Indians? Your religion and it’s ethics are very flexible.

It used to be a sin to take birth control.

Ever work on Sunday or use the lords name in vane? You just think you get a free pass.

Would you be evil if you learned there was no god? Weird

View attachment 173786

very well put...

I guess the logical conclusion is you're just too smart .

........:bs1:

........:dig:
........:coffee:

As an atheist, I know I am destined for eternal damnation

But I get to sleep late on Sunday's. I look at it as a good trade off

View attachment 173786

You demonstrate why so many need a happy flying grandpa that will make it all better. As the OP says it takes courage to see what is real rather than believe in what never was and has never been seen. You elaborate on how weak you are.

Well done.

Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Here are a few examples of prophesies that were just plain wrong:

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Sooo...Jewish population is on the order of 10^20? Really?!?! Prophesy wrong.​

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that Nile is still quite healthy.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
Pretty sure there are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem to this day.
And those are just a few right off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Here are a few examples of prophesies that were just plain wrong:

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Sooo...Jewish population is on the order of 10^20? Really?!?! Prophesy wrong.​

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that Nile is still quite healthy.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
Pretty sure there are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem to this day.
And those are just a few right off the top of my head.
you of all people then should know the Bible has been corrupted hence why Jesus said he would send the Holy spirit to teach us

or that he has never sought Jesus with an open heart and mind and asked him to reveal himself cos he will

or that he has never sought Jesus with an open heart and mind and asked him to reveal himself cos he will
You to can find salvation just pray to Zeus with an open heart and mind and he'll come flooding in to fill your worthless self.

Just a bit of insight on what it means to be an atheist. It's actually easier to allow one's self to believe in God than it is to be an atheist. Being an atheist means there is no Devil to blame, no afterlife to reunite with loved ones, no personal cosmic bodyguard, only one life to live, personal responsibility for one's thoughts, actions, and prosperity, or lack thereof, lack of acceptance from a religion infused society, and no easy explanation for our existence.

Atheism is not for the weak.

it doesn't take either courage or weakness... it isn't either a badge of honor or something to be ashamed of

You to can find salvation just pray to Zeus with an open heart and mind and he'll come flooding in to fill your worthless self.
Wow its not hard to tell which God you chose to serve the one of this world Satan yikes you have an evil spirit

why would you seek out a jewish rabbi?

Forum List

Back