🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Atheism's Futility

Aren't we? The moral lesson is the same whether mature or geared to children

It shows that the same threats and incentives that work on gullible young children work on religious adults

Threats and incentives are common practices in training animals, which you just claimed to be. Ergo ...
Telling isn’t it?
You are nothing but Pavlovs Dog responding to treats

Those without a moral code respond just as Pavlovian to their baser instincts.
Atheists have a moral code
It is based on doing the right thing not doing things because God is watching you

What is the right thing? Is it the right thing in all circumstances?

What designates it the right thing?

It shows that the same threats and incentives that work on gullible young children work on religious adults

Threats and incentives are common practices in training animals, which you just claimed to be. Ergo ...
Telling isn’t it?

It is based on doing the right thing not doing things because God is watching you

You keep using the word "right" which presupposes that there is an actual right and wrong. Is that what you believe? Or do you believe right/wrong is subjective?

Telling isn’t it?

You keep using the word "right" which presupposes that there is an actual right and wrong. Is that what you believe? Or do you believe right/wrong is subjective?
Have you never heard an argument for objective morality from a non-believer?

Pick the one you think is strongest...
pick the one you think is weakest...

But dont act like they dont exist before looking and listening. Theres entire books on the subject...theres formal lectures...theres audotorium-packed debates...

Telling isn’t it?

But dont act like they dont exist before looking and listening. Theres entire books on the subject...theres formal lectures...theres audotorium-packed debates...

Yes, I'm aware that some atheists believe in objective morality. But in my experience, not many. Most atheists I've encountered say there's no such thing as an actual right / wrong, that morality is subjective. That's why I asked RW, I wanted to hear what he believes.

I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but the arguments I HAVE heard from atheists for an objective morality just don't hold up. But one step at a time here. : )

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Telling isn’t it?

Yes, I'm aware that some atheists believe in objective morality. But in my experience, not many. Most atheists I've encountered say there's no such thing as an actual right / wrong, that morality is subjective. That's why I asked RW, I wanted to hear what he believes.

I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but the arguments I HAVE heard from atheists for an objective morality just don't hold up. But one step at a time here. : )
It's pretty easy to establish...whats the most fundamental goal of any species thats ever lived...

Survival.

Measure any effect of any cause up against that goal using repeatable, testable predictions and we have objective morals.

Humans survived the wild best in tribes.
Stealing causes disruption.
Murder causes disruption.

etc etc all the way down to any scenario even imaginable, we can take a walk through it.

The strength of that is that cause and effect is empirical. So much so...that these moral traits are now a part of our character via evolution.

Heaven and hell are threats and bribes...and have no empirical evidence for their existence.

Objective morality has a greater empirical case when based on mere cause and effect. Not threats and bribes from a disembodied, unempirical entity which not every human even pays mind to...but still, exibit morality.

Telling isn’t it?

How do you know what the right thing is? Is your sense of right or wrong based upon judo Christian values?

Telling isn’t it?

Atheists want to believe that they are moral, since being moral is something that looks good in society. When atheists claim to be moral and be able to differentiate right from wrong, they are typically borrowing a moral compass that is calibrated to judo Christian values. Even when they hijack the compass that is calibrated to the highest moral authority in existence, atheists don't realize that the moral compass is meant to be used by people who have a consciousness that atheists cannot concieve. What can go wrong.

It's simpler than that, as when the Democrats outwardly adopt for political purposes a religion that they spit upon at all other times.

Their only morality is the authority of the State.

Telling isn’t it?

Atheists want to believe that they are moral, since being moral is something that looks good in society. When atheists claim to be moral and be able to differentiate right from wrong, they are typically borrowing a moral compass that is calibrated to judo Christian values. Even when they hijack the compass that is calibrated to the highest moral authority in existence, atheists don't realize that the moral compass is meant to be used by people who have a consciousness that atheists cannot concieve. What can go wrong.
You sound brainwashed.

The only values in judeo(not *judo, which you keep typing)christianity that do not PRE-DATE judeo christianity...are the specific religious tenets as it pertains to observance of their god-thing.

The golden rule and shit like that pre-dates judeo christianity, and thats a historical fact. Not a guess or an assertion.

You sound brainwashed.

The only values in judeo(not *judo, which you keep typing)christianity that do not PRE-DATE judeo christianity...are the specific religious tenets as it pertains to observance of their god-thing.

The golden rule and shit like that pre-dates judeo christianity, and thats a historical fact. Not a guess or an assertion.
My apologies for the judo, it appears that my auto correct may have been written by lefties.

You sound brainwashed.

You may be able to process what I have to say, you are welcome to reject it. When I was reading your posts, you appeared to be at a level where you could process the implications of atheists not being able to share the same kind of consciousness that Christians can. Other examples would be that men cannot know what it is like to be women since they have never been women, and of course lefties can never know what it is like to be conservative since they have not evolved to that level yet.

It's simpler than that, as when the Democrats outwardly adopt for political purposes a religion that they spit upon at all other times.

Their only morality is the authority of the State.

Well the USA was not founded by the Christian religion, nor were most of the founders.

If there is no God, and if there is no life after death - including a reward for virtue and punishment for evil, then what is the meaning of life? Why be "good"? Why not just exploit everything and everyone to our own personal advantage.

As others have said before me, the Believer goes through life hoping he is right, while the intelligent Atheist hopes he is wrong.
Why do you need a reward to live a good life

Isn't it more meaningful to live a good life knowing that you will get no eternal reward?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What a child like view of life
You better be good or God is going to send you to eternal suffering

Atheists are good because it is the right thing to do. We don’t need any rewards or punishments
How do you know what is right if there isn’t a moral absolute truth which serves as a standard?
There never was and will never be a moral absolute

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If there is no God, and if there is no life after death - including a reward for virtue and punishment for evil, then what is the meaning of life? Why be "good"? Why not just exploit everything and everyone to our own personal advantage.

As others have said before me, the Believer goes through life hoping he is right, while the intelligent Atheist hopes he is wrong.

Its the difference of being in hell on earth and heaven on earth.

Psychopaths have no conscience and their only goal is self-gratification. ... Psychopaths have only a shallow range of emotions and lack guilt, says Hare. They often see themselves as victims, and lack remorse or the ability to empathize with others.
Profile of the Sociopath - R. Preston McAfee

This is tramp and some members of his admin and some republicans.

--------------------------------------------
atheists know they only have one life, they do not look for the afterlife for rewards.

What a child like view of life
You better be good or God is going to send you to eternal suffering

Atheists are good because it is the right thing to do. We don’t need any rewards or punishments
How do you know what is right if there isn’t a moral absolute truth which serves as a standard?
Golden Rule
Treat others as you would like to be treated

Not because you are afraid to go to hell or because you expect some reward
That’s a good answer. Do you do it?

Why do you need a reward or punishment at the end of the road to tell you how to live? There were multiple religious groups in late antiquity, including early Christianity, that firmly believed that the earthly world was evil and the meaning of life was to resist all earthly desires.

What if the meaning of life is to participate in it?

Forum List

Back