🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Atheism's Futility

Why does everyone think there has to be a "meaning of life?"
Exactly

You eat, shit, sleep, fuk and eventually die.
Beyond that, you are on your own. You make of it what you choose

Add: don't be an asshole to others and I think we've got it...

Humans are social creatures. Being an asshole gets you isolated from society
Not really because one can always find a subset of like minded assholes in any society

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It shows that the same threats and incentives that work on gullible young children work on religious adults

Threats and incentives are common practices in training animals, which you just claimed to be. Ergo ...
Telling isn’t it?
You are nothing but Pavlovs Dog responding to treats

Those without a moral code respond just as Pavlovian to their baser instincts.
Atheists have a moral code
It is based on doing the right thing not doing things because God is watching you

What is the right thing? Is it the right thing in all circumstances?

What designates it the right thing?
Golden rule goes a long way. Beyond that, we live in a society and must conform to societal norms

There are no absolute morals

Different groups of people different societies different civilizations can and do have different morals and standards

I explained that already when I wrote...

So the question that naturally begs to be asked is if there is a universal code of common decency that is independent of man how come we all don't behave the same way when it comes to right and wrong? The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.
If something is absolute there can be no subjectivity by definition

Wrong, there is truth and perception of truth.
Perception is reality

100% false.

There is only one reality. There are many perceptions of reality but regardless of what you believe reality is, reality will be what it is.
No what is truth to one is fantasy to another

If there was an absolute truth a d it can never be perceived it is no better than imagination

What a child like view of life
You better be good or God is going to send you to eternal suffering

Atheists are good because it is the right thing to do. We don’t need any rewards or punishments
How do you know what is right if there isn’t a moral absolute truth which serves as a standard?
Golden Rule
Treat others as you would like to be treated

Not because you are afraid to go to hell or because you expect some reward
That’s a good answer. Do you do it?
Yup

Threats and incentives are common practices in training animals, which you just claimed to be. Ergo ...
Telling isn’t it?
You are nothing but Pavlovs Dog responding to treats

Those without a moral code respond just as Pavlovian to their baser instincts.
Atheists have a moral code
It is based on doing the right thing not doing things because God is watching you

What is the right thing? Is it the right thing in all circumstances?

What designates it the right thing?
Golden rule goes a long way. Beyond that, we live in a society and must conform to societal norms
Society is a mental construct as is normality

Atheists are good because it is the right thing to do. We don’t need any rewards or punishments
How do you know what is right if there isn’t a moral absolute truth which serves as a standard?
Golden Rule

Yup
Too bad it does not work in real life.

I mind my own business but other people never seem to

I explained that already when I wrote...

So the question that naturally begs to be asked is if there is a universal code of common decency that is independent of man how come we all don't behave the same way when it comes to right and wrong? The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

Perception is reality

100% false.

There is only one reality. There are many perceptions of reality but regardless of what you believe reality is, reality will be what it is.

If there was an absolute truth a d it can never be perceived it is no better than imagination

Again... you are confusing perceptions of truth with reality. They are two different things.

You can perceive that you are a nice guy. That's your truth. That's your reality. But if all you ever do is mean stuff, then your perception of truth is at odds with reality.

Golden Rule

Yup
I don't believe you.

Golden Rule

Yup

That is why we have a society. To protect you from the pack

Golden Rule

Yup
I don't believe you.
Why?
I have been married for 38 years, respected in my community, never gotten in trouble in my life

Wasn’t god

Perception is reality

100% false.

Again... you are confusing perceptions of truth with reality. They are two different things.

You can perceive that you are a nice guy. That's your truth. That's your reality. But if all you ever do is mean stuff, then your perception of truth is at odds with reality.
I'm not confusing anything

Reality is not the same for all people

Morals are not the same for all people

You think your religious views are the absolute depiction of reality and that is nothing but your own perception of the world or the universe as you know it

Golden Rule

Yup

That is why we have a society. To protect you from the pack
And yet we still have victims of group think

Society is the gossamer web of tolerance and we all know how tenuous the threads of tolerance are

And yet it is YOU who has willingly submitted to animal training!

As have we all, although as a child it was not so willingly.
Speak for yourself!

So, you lacked parental guidance as a child?
You just said as a child it was not willingly

And yet it is YOU who has willingly submitted to animal training!

As have we all, although as a child it was not so willingly.
Speak for yourself!

So, you lacked parental guidance as a child?
You just said as a child it was not willingly

I did. It is the job of a parent to set and enforce the limits. It is the job of a child to test those limits.

I tested often. It's how you learn. It was in a time of corporal punishment as well. Threats and incentives.

Forum List

Back