Was there ever really a "Constitutional right" to have an abortion?

I was listening to the car radio this morning and an anti-Trump ad came on. In the ad, they said that Donald Trump wants to deny women their "Constitutional right" to abortions, which is silly. Why does the left lie like that?

"The majority opinion was written by Justice Alito and joined by Justices Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett. In it, Justice Alito writes that “stare decisis, the doctrine on which Casey’s controlling opinion was based, does not compel unending adherence to Roe’s abuse of judicial authority.” He goes on to say that “the Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision, including the one on which the defenders of Roe and Casey now chiefly rely—the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.” Then, the opinion discusses abortion’s divergence from other Court rulings and the overextending authority of Roe..

The abortion right is also critically different from any other right that this Court has held to fall within the Fourteenth Amendment’s protection of ‘liberty.’ Roe’s defenders characterize the abortion right as similar to the rights recognized in past decisions involving matters such as intimate sexual relations, contraception, and marriage, but abortion is fundamentally different, as both Roe and Casey acknowledged, because it destroys what those decisions called ‘fetal life’ and what the law now before us describes as an ‘unborn' human being.

So, is abortion a constitutional right? No. Far from it. The legal rulings that previously declared abortion as a right lacked constitutionality. The majority opinions in Roe and Casey even acknowledge that the Constitution doesn’t protect abortion as a “fundamental right.” With the recent Dobbs ruling, the Supreme Court ruled solely on what is written in the Constitution instead of loosely implied – including the right to life.

The country is now closer to the Constitution’s intent than ever before. By protecting men and women’s safety both in and out of the womb, we are returning to our country’s equality-granting, fundamental, life-affirming roots."

Is Abortion A Constitutional Right?
No

Except, you know, they were never mandated. Oops.

If you disagree, tell us who was strapped down and forcibly vaccinated, or who was criminally prosecuted simply for not being vaccinated.

Only your side shits on bodily autonomy.
Well .. except there was .. not only from Biden's Executive Order for all federal civilian employees, but from corporations across the United States with risk of being terminated. Only stupid shits continue to gaslight.

Update: On May 9, 2023, President Biden signed an Executive Order revoking Executive Order 14043, which had required vaccination for Federal civilian employees. Effective May 12, 2023, all prior guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (“Task Force”) implementing the requirements of Executive Order 14043 has also been revoked. Task Force guidance on other Federal agency safety protocols remains in effect.

tRumpling please.

You know that's not what this is about for them.

Don't be stupider than you have to be.

Yes, it is. It's what we are talking about. Remember people on the right tend to say what they mean. It's the left that has to hide their shit.

"Gender Affirming care" instead of drugging and mutilating

"border security" instead of massive amnesties.

"sensible gun control" instead of shitting on the 2nd amendment.

Well .. except there was .. not only from Biden's Executive Order for all federal civilian employees, but from corporations across the United States with risk of being terminated.
So, you couldn't name anyone arrested for not being vaccinated, or forcibly vacccinated.

And you're lying about it, out of butthurt, and out of the lust to justify the bad behavior that only your side engages in.

So, you couldn't name anyone arrested for not being vaccinated, or forcibly vacccinated.

And you're lying about it, out of butthurt, and out of the lust to justify the bad behavior that only your side engages in.

Get vaccinated or lose your job is using force, Derpshit.

I see you're changing the scope .. regardless, it was mandated, so the women didn't have a choice without threat to her livelihood. No lies .. just reality. Live with it.

Cheers!

I see you're changing the scope .. regardless, it was mandated, so the women didn't have a choice without threat to her livelihood.
When I was 5, I had to be vaccinated to go to school.

Not being whiny losers, my parents got me vaccinated.

It's always been that way, until the antivax victim-wannabees came on the scene, screaming that normal public health measures are the mostest evil thing ever.

I dont see the word “abortion” anywhere in the Constitution
Abortion was legal and common when the founders wrote the Constitution. They had no problem with it.

And as a previous poster mentioned, I don't seen "buy land" mentioned in the Constitution. Therefore, by conservatives standards, there's no right to do that.

When I was 5, I had to be vaccinated to go to school.

Not being whiny losers, my parents got me vaccinated.

It's always been that way, until the antivax victim-wannabees came on the scene, screaming that normal public health measures are the mostest evil thing ever.
When you were 5, could you get an abortion? At least compare apples to apples instead of stupid, non relevant examples.

All you have to do is read some of the opinions here on this and other message boards and see where America is headed, and why, and how it will end. There are no morals anymore and people are justifying whatever they do to themselves.
When have there ever been morals and human civilizations.

Abortion was legal and common when the founders wrote the Constitution. They had no problem with it.

And as a previous poster mentioned, I don't seen "buy land" mentioned in the Constitution. Therefore, by conservatives standards, there's no right to do that.
Abortion may not have been illegal but that does not mske it a right

The activist court had to invent a right to privacy and then apply it pregnant women to justify their ruling

But it was all lib gibberish and legal hocus pocus

We were better to each other once, maybe not a lot but we were better, and half of us didn't want the government to imprison the other half, like now. This can't end well, the few people still working and producing will have had enough soon, when they are forced to.

Forum List

Back