atheist and christmas

Christianity, the religion, came about as a result of the work of God in the people He created. It was created by men who followed in the Way.

The relationship with God in Christ came about by God's perfect plan which was finished in the resurrection of Jesus from the grave. That is what the people of the Way believe, and it is what counts. The religion is not something to place one's life and reputation at risk for. The relationship is.

God is far more than man can grasp. God knows that. Man is given light according to the light that they can receive. That is God's design. The true light is within the true follower of Christ.

Source?

My point is that using the "Bible" to prove "God" exists is an invalid argument, logically speaking

Which part do you need a source for? In general, The Bible is the source I use. I believe it to be God's word. However, if you want to be more specific, I will try to provide specific chapter and verse. I think that is fair.

My point is that using the "Bible" to prove "God" exists is an invalid argument, logically speaking: "The Bible is true because it is the word of God, God is real because the Bible says so" sort of thing......

"God" was a way for the primarily illiterate to rationalise the unexplainable.

I might be more tempted to give credence to a "Supreme Being" if it were not for the fact that all the gods are made (mostly) in humans' image, and that they are all too small, too petty, too mean, too exclusive, too genocidal, too partisan, and so on. As for humans, there are no "chosen."

As for the Christian thing: " A loving, caring, 'Prince of Peace'?" Nope!

The circular logic of Christianity. « the BEattitude

Introduction To Activistic Atheism

My point is that using the "Bible" to prove "God" exists is an invalid argument, logically speaking

Which part do you need a source for? In general, The Bible is the source I use. I believe it to be God's word. However, if you want to be more specific, I will try to provide specific chapter and verse. I think that is fair.

My point is that using the "Bible" to prove "God" exists is an invalid argument, logically speaking: "The Bible is true because it is the word of God, God is real because the Bible says so" sort of thing......

I might be more tempted to give credence to a "Supreme Being" if it were not for the fact that all the gods are made (mostly) in humans' image, and that they are all too small, too petty, too mean, too exclusive, too genocidal, too partisan, and so on. As for humans, there are no "chosen."

ask the mormons, they got one named joe

The Bible is my source for understanding God. It is not proof of God. I do not use it as proof. God is the only source of any proof of Him. Proof if Him is placed in His creation, and the scriptures say that that "evidence" is seen by all, but not acknowledged by all. That doesn"t mean it is not there, or that God has to be proved. It is up to Him to do that, so I suppose that means that the person himeslf has to seek, or at least recognize that evidence, and then trust it as a redemptive offering to us.

So, for those who don't believe there is a God, or that the Christian God is God, don't come to message boards asking for proof that you will only reject anyway. We cannot give it to you, only God can.

ask the mormons, they got one named joe

"Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools." (The Bible)

I have a question!!

Where in all of Atheism does it say that an atheists cannot celebrate Christmas or any other holiday on the Calender?

I have yet to see that in my copy of "the Great Holy Book of Atheism"... Has any other Atheism found that.

Nowhere on page one of that esteemed text does it say avoid others religious holidays!! How does it conflict with my religious beliefs.

Tell me!! I want to know what Froggy and the others are talking about. Give Gifts, sing Carols, read Christian stories and walk down the Street yelling "Happy Holidays" and "Merry Christmas" at the top of my lungs. Doing this does not defile my religion!!
Lets think, you celebrate Christs birthday on Christmas, atheist don't beleive in christ, kinda hypocritic wouldn't you say. It ain't santas birthday, or do you want to be like some religions that change the bible to suit themselves.

First--Atheists lack Religious Principles So this talk of Hypocracy is utter BS!!

Second--Atheists do not have rights to the Bible or any other holy texts. So there is no such thing as changing some one elses religion to suit our tastses. Atheists take what they like and criticize the rest of the mythical mumble jumble!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!:tongue:

I have a question!!

Where in all of Atheism does it say that an atheists cannot celebrate Christmas or any other holiday on the Calender?

I have yet to see that in my copy of "the Great Holy Book of Atheism"... Has any other Atheism found that.

Nowhere on page one of that esteemed text does it say avoid others religious holidays!! How does it conflict with my religious beliefs.

Tell me!! I want to know what Froggy and the others are talking about. Give Gifts, sing Carols, read Christian stories and walk down the Street yelling "Happy Holidays" and "Merry Christmas" at the top of my lungs. Doing this does not defile my religion!!
Lets think, you celebrate Christs birthday on Christmas, atheist don't believe in christ, kinda hypocritical wouldn't you say. It ain't santa's birthday, or do you want to be like some religions that change the bible to suit themselves.

First--Atheists lack Religious Principles So this talk of Hypocrisy is utter BS!!

Second--Atheists do not have rights to the Bible or any other holy texts. So there is no such thing as changing some one else's religion to suit our tastes. Atheists take what they like and criticize the rest of the mythical mumble jumble!!

No, if your atheist and you celebrate christmas, your celebrating christ's birthday. Hypocritical is the word. I should have said, for the atheist, change your beliefs

Lets think, you celebrate Christs birthday on Christmas, atheist don't believe in christ, kinda hypocritical wouldn't you say. It ain't santa's birthday, or do you want to be like some religions that change the bible to suit themselves.

First--Atheists lack Religious Principles So this talk of Hypocrisy is utter BS!!

Second--Atheists do not have rights to the Bible or any other holy texts. So there is no such thing as changing some one else's religion to suit our tastes. Atheists take what they like and criticize the rest of the mythical mumble jumble!!

No, if your atheist and you celebrate christmas, your celebrating christ's birthday. Hypocritical is the word. I should have said, for the atheist, change your beliefs

Christmas is a national holiday, anyone who doesn't celebrate it is a traitor to the nation, so there :tongue:

It's piss me off if people celebrated my birthday ... six months AFTER it happened.

It's piss me off if people celebrated my birthday ... six months AFTER it happened.

You know everyone pays their taxes at the end of the year, therefore.

Like hell...Christmas is Santa's birthday

Look at the time spent on Christmas....shopping, exchanging gifts, decorating the tree
Compare it to the time going to service or mass on Christmas day...1 hr

It is obvious that Santa wins in defining Christmas

My birthday is Christmas 'eve. I would have loved it if people celebrated it 6 months afterward.

is this a joke?

Like I said, Halloween was originally a religious holiday based off a now dead religion. So if you celebrate it does that make you a hypocrite?

Last edited:
Just a note here, it's not really hard to celebrate Christmas without adding in the Christian elements. Put up a tree, exchange gifts, have a big dinner, see family, maybe sing some Christmas carols (not all mention God or Jesus), and wala there's Christmas for non-Christians.

No need to change ones beliefs if your beliefs neither support nor deny celebrating others holidays!! Halloween has a satanic side to it--why do all the good Christian boys and girls go trick-or-treating?

Did they become Satanists for one day? I hardly think so!!

I finnally figured out what Froggy is saying

I must be christian to celebrate Christmas!! Therefore I am going to convert to Christianity for this month.

Now tell me--what magic words must I say to become Christian? Abbracadabra? Hocus Pocus? I forgot--please, someone, help me convert to Christianity so I can celebrate Christmas!!!

must....resist...temptation

Oh crap I can't resist anymore than either of you can :)

n32182977783_6387.jpg

chocolate-man-snack.jpg

Are you saying that you're ... made of chocolate, Pilgrim? :eusa_eh:

Only on special occasions ;) :lol:

Forum List

Back