Atlanta school: No more Pledge of Allegiance to start day

Good for them. Being pressured into reciting your loyalty every morning is cult level shit.

Atlanta school: No more Pledge of Allegiance to start day

Students at an Atlanta school will no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance to start their school day.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School on Tuesday announced the change in a news release.
I agree
You should pledge allegiance ONCE in your lifetime

Being expected to pledge daily kind of demeans the sincerity of your pledge

Pressure? My ass! You are merely asked to pledge allegiance to a country who provides funding for your education.

It's cult-like bullshit that doesn't need to be in an elementary school. Sorry nut job, no funds are going to be pulled from schools that do this.
You are wrong asshole! There is nothing cult like about it! Cult is just the newest of your libtarded buzzwords.
Oh, we've been "brainwashed" alright, but in a pretty innocent sense. What is the harm in pledging loyalty to your country and the positive ideals for which is stands?
Sure, I'm part of a generation that was fed that propaganda since Kindergarten, heard the Anthem at the opening of every sports game, etc. When I hear those opening strains, I still get a little bit of a shiver.
But I grew up and learned to step back and look at the bigger picture and see the flaws, not just the good, in our system and how it is operating. That is not a bad thing. That is just a grown up view of things.
So I don't see the problem with reciting the Pledge or performing the Anthem, but it appears the generations that do that unquestioningly are dying out. It is not worth fighting over. That only makes it more of an "issue" to "free" oneself from.

I was fed baby food and watermelon, honey and biscuits, steak and eggs!
So why are you insisting others are fed propaganda?
I am not insisting. I said if you do not wish to honor the country which provides your education then forgo the funds! Simple really. Do you understand English?
That is the same as insisting, since no school district can operate without federal funds. You know it, too.

I am not insisting. I said if you do not wish to honor the country which provides your education then forgo the funds! Simple really. Do you understand English?

This trend is going to catch on, public schools will continue to be funded and you're just gonna have to deal with it. ;)

That is the same as insisting, since no school district can operate without federal funds. You know it, too.
No, just raise your state and local taxes and pay your own way! Or recite the pledge! See? I am pro choice.

Pressure? My ass! You are merely asked to pledge allegiance to a country who provides funding for your education.

It's cult-like bullshit that doesn't need to be in an elementary school. Sorry nut job, no funds are going to be pulled from schools that do this.
You are wrong asshole! There is nothing cult like about it! Cult is just the newest of your libtarded buzzwords.
Oh, we've been "brainwashed" alright, but in a pretty innocent sense. What is the harm in pledging loyalty to your country and the positive ideals for which is stands?
Sure, I'm part of a generation that was fed that propaganda since Kindergarten, heard the Anthem at the opening of every sports game, etc. When I hear those opening strains, I still get a little bit of a shiver.
But I grew up and learned to step back and look at the bigger picture and see the flaws, not just the good, in our system and how it is operating. That is not a bad thing. That is just a grown up view of things.
So I don't see the problem with reciting the Pledge or performing the Anthem, but it appears the generations that do that unquestioningly are dying out. It is not worth fighting over. That only makes it more of an "issue" to "free" oneself from.
I am sick of the gimme people with their hands out disrespecting the people and the gov. That provide that money and their freedom to be assholes.

I am sick of the gimme people with their hands out disrespecting the people and the gov. That provide that money and their freedom to be assholes.

6 year old Johnny that can barely locate his own dick should be denied an education because his parents don't want him participating in cult behavior? Hmm, how about, no? Piss off.

Local issue, if you don't live within that Atlanta school district your thoughts are worthless to this decision.

6 year old Johnny that can barely locate his own dick should be denied an education because his parents don't want him participating in cult behavior? Hmm, how about, no? Piss off.
How about you go fuck yourself?

You should be pledging allegiance to the United States of America not a flag

I know 6 year old Johnny's ability to find his own dick is important to you, sick fuck

Local issue, if you don't live within that Atlanta school district your thoughts are worthless to this decision.
Incorrect. If you pay federal taxes your thoughts are welcome. If you live in New Zealand your hatred of America does not mean fuck!

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters on USMB. Go hang out in one of the nonpolitical sections. You're far too stupid to participate here.

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters on USMB. Go hang out in one of the nonpolitical sections. You're far too stupid to participate here.
Don’t it chap your furry dick that you can’t boss me around?

Forum List

Back