August 6

"...two days prior to Roosevelt's departure for Yalta, the president received a crucial, forty page memorandum from General Douglas MacArthur outlining five separate surrender overtures from highly placed Jap officials offering surrender terms which were virtually identical to the ones eventually dictated by the Allies to the Japanese in August."

Chicago Tribune History
And NONE of those officials ran the Government,.......

"highly placed Jap(anese) officials..." Ah, but you know better than MacArthur did about what messages he received. I'm surprised he didn't call you for advice.

Your leaders as in the ones you are citing dumb ass. NONE of them were ever in the Pacific theater and havdn't a clue about the Japanese and their behavior........

Hmmm....how about Admiral Halsey? How about Admiral Nimitz? YOU understand the fighting in the Pacific much better than they did, right? If you had read the links like I repeatedly instructed you to, you wouldn't look so foolish now.
You are the fool MY LINK CLEARLY shows that the Japanese Government did NOT surrender and when ordered to by the emperor they tried to stage a COUP. Wishful thinking does not equate to any surrender WITHOUT the BOMBS.

"According to Harry Elmer Barnes, Truman was aware of the January surrender offer by the Japanese and privately confessed that both atomic warfare as well as further conventional military operations were unnecessary for concluding the war in the Pacific."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your leaders as in the ones you are citing dumb ass. NONE of them were ever in the Pacific theater and havdn't a clue about the Japanese and their behavior........

Hmmm....how about Admiral Halsey? How about Admiral Nimitz? YOU understand the fighting in the Pacific much better than they did, right? If you had read the links like I repeatedly instructed you to, you wouldn't look so foolish now.
You are the fool .......

Were Halsey and Nimitz in the Pacific? Did they know anything about the war?

"According to Harry Elmer Barnes, Truman was aware of the January surrender offer by the Japanese and privately confessed that both atomic warfare as well as further conventional military operations were unnecessary for concluding the war in the Pacific."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And yet NOT a single source document exists that shows the Japanese Government actually offered to surrender. The ONLY offer made was a ceasefire with return to November 1941 start lines. And in August the Army which controlled the Government ND HAD FOR SOME TIME did not offer to surrender. Even after 2 atomic bombs they refused. And after the emperor overrode them they staged a Coup to stop him from surrendering.

"...Truman was aware of the January surrender offer by the Japanese and privately confessed that both atomic warfare as well as further conventional military operations were unnecessary for concluding the war in the Pacific."

The only thing I am going to contribute to this OP is an extreme possibility of being an example of the Progressive movements rewriting history... There is no doubt a us against them mentality in this argument...

1010889-Wilma-Mankiller-Quote-Whoever-controls-the-education-of-our.jpg

So we’re supposed to believe two white guys opinions of the Japanese based on their experiences with them? Two guys you cherry picked. Wouldn’t you make fun of me if I judged all blacks by how blacks treated me and my brother for the 9 years I lived with them?

73 years have passed since the first use of an atomic weapon in war. Most of the 150,000 victims were civilians. Women, children, the elderly. The effects of this new weapon on real people shocked the conscience of the world, and its use at that time is still debated to this day.

Regardless of one's position on Truman's decision, it is fitting to take a moment to remember so many lives taken and the horror of war in general. There is a reason the monument to the event in the city is called the Peace Park.
Who started it? Then stfu. We ended it. No more Americans died. They weren’t going to quit.

Who started it?

Last edited:
What argument?

a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.
"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal" ·
reasoning · line of reasoning · logic · case · defense ·
[more]
Unkotare Is either unable or unwilling to engage
He has nothing but opinion to back his position. The actual source documents PROVE the Japanese Government never offered to surrender and was forced to by the Emperor.

What argument?

a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.
"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal" ·
reasoning · line of reasoning · logic · case · defense ·
[more]
Unkotare Is either unable or unwilling to engage
He has nothing but opinion to back his position. The actual source documents PROVE the Japanese Government never offered to surrender and was forced to by the Emperor.
Unkotare claims to be Irish but has a total fucking hardon for Japanese men.

73 years have passed since the first use of an atomic weapon in war. Most of the 150,000 victims were civilians. Women, children, the elderly. The effects of this new weapon on real people shocked the conscience of the world, and its use at that time is still debated to this day.

Regardless of one's position on Truman's decision, it is fitting to take a moment to remember so many lives taken and the horror of war in general. There is a reason the monument to the event in the city is called the Peace Park.
Where’s the monument located for what the Japanese did to women and children in China and Korea?

Yes, human life is precious. And people who had no part in the war died that day.

But a nations people must atone for the actions it started.

Really. You don't know the difference between a nation's military and its populace?

Better get that looked at.

Say, can I nuke England for what they did to my ancestral country? Same thing.

Where’s the monument located for what the Japanese did to women and children in China and Korea?

Yes, human life is precious. And people who had no part in the war died that day.

Really. You don't know the difference between a nation's military and its populace?

No we didn’t bomb Tokyo we bombed a few islands. Bomb Ireland

No we didn’t bomb Tokyo we bombed a few islands. Bomb Ireland

Non sequitur, in so many ways....

Forum List

Back