Austrialians forced to answer intrusive "census" questions at gunpoint.

No, actually it isn't. The UK has less than 600 murders a year compared to our 16,000.

Murder is not the only type of violent crime.

It's the only one that can be quantified.

Can't really quantify rape, because you only know about it if women report it. So if you tell me the UK has more reported rapes, that just tells me they have a society that is more comfortable about reporting such a thing. Same can be said about assault.

So only murder and rape are violent crimes now?

Wake up little sheep.

UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph

[

I have never once expressed the desire to shoot anyone only to have the ability to protect my wife and myself from those that would do us harm.

I would not deny you that even though you would tell others that they have no right to defend themselves.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone inside the home than a bad guy.

As I said only a sheep like you would choose to live his life by questionable statistics.

It WOULD be the crime of the century if YOU were the one being robbed.

I have been robbed.

A guy broke into my house and stole my TV and VCR once. You know what. Insurance replaced them and no one even uses VCR's anymore. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Were you home?

If you were it very well could have been a big deal if the crooks beat the shit out of you or worse.

Too bad they didn't.

No, actually it isn't. The UK has less than 600 murders a year compared to our 16,000.

Murder is not the only type of violent crime.

It's the only one that can be quantified.

Can't really quantify rape, because you only know about it if women report it. So if you tell me the UK has more reported rapes, that just tells me they have a society that is more comfortable about reporting such a thing. Same can be said about assault.

Are you fucking STUPID?!?!

The only thing a census needs is how many people live in an area.

The fucking government busybodies do not have to know anything else about you.
If the census questions are such a big deal for you dorks, then just lie on the form!!

It'd screw up their statistics more than if you refused to answer any questions, and they'd have a devil of a time proving that you lied deliberately -- even in the very unlikely event that they even noticed -- or cared.

Guy, the thing is, we lock up 2 million people.

The UK locks up 78,000.
Germany locks up 78,000
Japan locks up 69,000

It seems that the notion that, "We just need to lock up them Gangbangers" and all will be well is a fallacy. We lock up a shitload of people. We have 2 million in prison and another 7 million on parole or probation.

If guns and prisons make us safer, why are we so scared?
We should be the safest nation on earth if guns supposedly keep you safer. Yet the statistics consistently prove those who parrot such nonsense wrong.
You don't get it, do you? It's not about safety, you idiot, it's about freedom. We don't want the fucking government with their boots on our throats.
Oh, brother!! As if the word "freedom" were anything but a meaningless propaganda cliché in a country that has more than two percent of its population -- at any one time!! -- in prison gulags!!

That you loonies can tolerate living with such "cognitive dissonance" just proves that a country can't possibly survive for long when such mentally incapacitated fools have their hands on the levers of power.

The only thing a census needs is how many people live in an area.

The fucking government busybodies do not have to know anything else about you.
If the census questions are such a big deal for you dorks, then just lie on the form!!

It'd screw up their statistics more than if you refused to answer any questions, and they'd have a devil of a time proving that you lied deliberately -- even in the very unlikely event that they even noticed -- or cared.

The purpose of maintaining privacy is not to screw up anyone's stats.

It's the principle. Something you wouldn't understand.

The Principle I understand is winning -- or, at least, being effective.

"In War, Force and Fraud are the Cardinal Virtues!"

The Principle I understand is winning -- or, at least, being effective.

"In War, Force and Fraud are the Cardinal Virtues!"

I'm not at war

I don't give a flying fuck about other countries and the violent crime rate in the UK is actually worse than in the US.
Oh, Joe! How unfair of you to intrude a fact into the rantings of hysterical flibberty-gibbets!

donald-duck-laughing1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't give a flying fuck about other countries and the violent crime rate in the UK is actually worse than in the US.
Oh, Joe! How unfair of you to intrude a fact into the rantings of hysterical flibberty-gibbets!

So you're another sheep who thinks that violent crime only includes murder.

Run along little lamb it's almost time for dinner and you're on the menu.

'
Skull Pilot appears to read only the headlines, without looking any further into the details:

The Difference Between US-UK Violent Crime Rates Depends On Definition of ‘Violent Crime’

The reason for the U.K.’s higher violent crime rate is their far broader definition of a “violent” crime....

According to the FBI, there are four crimes classified as “violent” in crime statistics: murder/non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

The list does not include burglaries, which is considered a property crime in the U.S. but a violent crime in the U.K.

The robbery rates were similar between the two countries:

U.S. 2009 robbery rate: 133 per 100,000.
U.K. 2009 robbery rate: 164 per 100,000.

The burglary rates were far higher in the U.S.:

U.S. 2009 burglary rate: 716.3 per 100,000
U.K. 2009 burglary rate: 523 per 100,000.

And in the U.S., you were nearly four times as likely to be murdered:

U.S. 2009 murder rate: 5 per 100,000.
U.K. 2009 murder rate: 1.49 per 100,000.

In addition to murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault and burglary, England and Wales classify domestic violence and all sexual offenses –- not just forcible rape –- as violent....

Sexual offenses include rape, sexual assault, sexual activity with children, soliciting prostitutes (but not prostitution itself), sexual threats, sexual touching and indecent exposure.

Domestic abuse, described as a form of “intimate personal violence,” includes the following: non-sexual emotional or financial abuse, threats, physical force, sexual assault and stalking carried out by a current or former partner or other family member.

Several other crimes that are classified as violent in the U.K. include vehicle theft, purse-snatching and bicycle theft.

In all, the definition of “violent crime” takes approximately six pages to thoroughly explain....

The U.S. also has a higher rate of murder, and most happen by way of gun: the FBI said 67.8 percent of murders in 2011 were by firearm.
[emphases added]

'
Skull Pilot appears to read only the headlines, without looking any further into the details:

The Difference Between US-UK Violent Crime Rates Depends On Definition of ‘Violent Crime’

The reason for the U.K.’s higher violent crime rate is their far broader definition of a “violent” crime....

According to the FBI, there are four crimes classified as “violent” in crime statistics: murder/non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

The list does not include burglaries, which is considered a property crime in the U.S. but a violent crime in the U.K.

The robbery rates were similar between the two countries:

U.S. 2009 robbery rate: 133 per 100,000.
U.K. 2009 robbery rate: 164 per 100,000.

The burglary rates were far higher in the U.S.:

U.S. 2009 burglary rate: 716.3 per 100,000
U.K. 2009 burglary rate: 523 per 100,000.

And in the U.S., you were nearly four times as likely to be murdered:

U.S. 2009 murder rate: 5 per 100,000.
U.K. 2009 murder rate: 1.49 per 100,000.

In addition to murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault and burglary, England and Wales classify domestic violence and all sexual offenses –- not just forcible rape –- as violent....

Sexual offenses include rape, sexual assault, sexual activity with children, soliciting prostitutes (but not prostitution itself), sexual threats, sexual touching and indecent exposure.

Domestic abuse, described as a form of “intimate personal violence,” includes the following: non-sexual emotional or financial abuse, threats, physical force, sexual assault and stalking carried out by a current or former partner or other family member.

Several other crimes that are classified as violent in the U.K. include vehicle theft, purse-snatching and bicycle theft.

In all, the definition of “violent crime” takes approximately six pages to thoroughly explain....

The U.S. also has a higher rate of murder, and most happen by way of gun: the FBI said 67.8 percent of murders in 2011 were by firearm.
[emphases added]

When you sheep only include murder in your rantings about violent crime you at being dishonest at best.

But that's to be expected of control freaks who twist statistics.

When you sheep only include murder in your rantings about violent crime you at being dishonest at best.

But that's to be expected of control freaks who twist statistics.
Uh.... Excuse me....

Just who is twisting statistics here?

Last edited:
We, in the USA don't have people whining and bitching about not being able to walk around with a gun...

because we can walk around with a gun. I do it every day. It is perfectly legal.

Forum List

Back