Austrialians forced to answer intrusive "census" questions at gunpoint.

Test for Gun Nutz...

WhyGuns.jpg

[
You don't get it, do you? It's not about safety, you idiot, it's about freedom. We don't want the fucking government with their boots on our throats. Anyone with a brain can see the wisdom of the second amendment, all they have to do is watch the power grab going on right now by Obama. He's a tyrant, that's why he wants to disarm us, just like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, the list goes on. Liberals will never understand what made this country great.

Guns don't make you any freer.... to whit.

50f59426301d5.preview-300.jpg

But taking away my right to own a weapon in order to protect myself makes me less free.

[

But taking away my right to own a weapon in order to protect myself makes me less free.

A gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your household than a bad guy.

I guess when the government insisted that your appliance be safe and you had to have smoke detectors and carbon dioxide detectors, they were making you "less free", too.

[

A gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your household than a bad guy.

That's a bullshit stat. I've used guns for over 40 years and have never been injured. And why the fuck would you care if I get injured with my own gun as long as I don't injure anyone else?

I guess when the government insisted that your appliance be safe and you had to have smoke detectors and carbon dioxide detectors, they were making you "less free", too.

. They do not afford me the ability to protect myself from a criminal though so your analogy is poor.

[

That's a bullshit stat. I've used guns for over 40 years and have never been injured. And why the fuck would you care if I get injured with my own gun as long as I don't injure anyone else?

Because you guys don't limit yourselves to just yourselves... that's kind of the problem.

[

. They do not afford me the ability to protect myself from a criminal though so your analogy is poor.

Neither does a gun. This is the lie the gun companies have feed you, but guns in the house don't protect you.

Because you guys don't limit yourselves to just yourselves... that's kind of the problem.

I choose not to live my life ruled by questionable statistics. Only sheep like you do that.

Neither does a gun. This is the lie the gun companies have feed you, but guns in the house don't protect you.
[/QUOTE]

A gun affords me the chance to protect myself. I've witnessed it myself when my uncle foiled a burglary attempt with his shotgun so you are wrong again.

[

A gun affords me the chance to protect myself. I've witnessed it myself when my uncle foiled a burglary attempt with his shotgun so you are wrong again.

Oh, a burglary attempt? That's the crime of the century.
It WOULD be the crime of the century if YOU were the one being robbed.

I have been robbed.

A guy broke into my house and stole my TV and VCR once. You know what. Insurance replaced them and no one even uses VCR's anymore. It wasn't that big of a deal.

I have been robbed.

A guy broke into my house and stole my TV and VCR once. You know what. Insurance replaced them and no one even uses VCR's anymore. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Were you home?

If you were it very well could have been a big deal if the crooks beat the shit out of you or worse.

[

How many burglaries turn into something else?

Armed robbery is a violent crime dip shit.

And yet most other countries don't have nearly the crime we do.

If arming people and locking up people makes us safer, why do we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world, instead of the lowest?

How many burglaries turn into something else?

Armed robbery is a violent crime dip shit.

And yet most other countries don't have nearly the crime we do.

If arming people and locking up people makes us safer, why do we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world, instead of the lowest?

I don't give a flying fuck about other countries and the violent crime rate in the UK is actually worse than in the US.

I have been robbed.

Were you home?

If you were it very well could have been a big deal if the crooks beat the shit out of you or worse.

Or more likely, they'd have picked another house when they realized someone was home.

Here's the thing. How many people are killed in home invasions vs. how many people are killed in suicides or domestic homicides?

It's a case of the "solution" being worse than the "problem".

I have been robbed.

Were you home?

Or more likely, they'd have picked another house when they realized someone was home.

Here's the thing. How many people are killed in home invasions vs. how many people are killed in suicides or domestic homicides?

I really don't care about suicide. if someone wants to die it's their business not mine.

And homicide is homicide there is no such crime as "domestic" homicide.

The ability to deter a criminal is all I care about. i don't care if he is armed with a gun, a knife a toothpick or nothing at all I should not and will not stand helpless as you wish to do.

Were you home?

I really don't care about suicide. if someone wants to die it's their business not mine.

The ability to deter a criminal is all I care about. i don't care if he is armed with a gun, a knife a toothpick or nothing at all I should not and will not stand helpless as you wish to do.

So what you are saying is you don't give a fuck about the innocent people killed by guns, so long as you can have your false fantasy about plugging a bad guy some day.

Best argument for gun control. A conversation with a gun nut.

So what you are saying is you don't give a fuck about the innocent people killed by guns,

Suicide doesn't count. If you want to kill yourself it's none of my business. And I am not responsible for the acts of others so if someone shoots, rapes, robs, beats etc another person I am not at fault.

so long as you can have your false fantasy about plugging a bad guy some day.

Best argument for gun control. A conversation with a gun nut.

I have never once expressed the desire to shoot anyone only to have the ability to protect my wife and myself from those that would do us harm.

I would not deny you that even though you would tell others that they have no right to defend themselves.

[

I don't give a flying fuck about other countries and the violent crime rate in the UK is actually worse than in the US.

No, actually it isn't. The UK has less than 600 murders a year compared to our 16,000.

Murder is not the only type of violent crime.

It's the only one that can be quantified.

Can't really quantify rape, because you only know about it if women report it. So if you tell me the UK has more reported rapes, that just tells me they have a society that is more comfortable about reporting such a thing. Same can be said about assault.

Forum List

Back