Austrialians forced to answer intrusive "census" questions at gunpoint.

The only thing a census needs is how many people live in an area.

The fucking government busybodies do not have to know anything else about you.

The last census all I answered was the how many people live in your home question.

Actually, the Census bureau could get more accurate data by doing statistical sampling.

But it's the Right Wing that INSISTS on a full enumeration on the hope minorities will be undercounted.

The last census all I answered was the how many people live in your home question.

Actually, the Census bureau could get more accurate data by doing statistical sampling.

But it's the Right Wing that INSISTS on a full enumeration on the hope minorities will be undercounted.

Since when is a statistical projection more accurate than an actual count?

As I said the only question that need be asked on a census is how many people live in your domicile. The rest is no one's business especially not the fucking government's.

Because people get missed on counts. Again, if we did an accurate assessment, there'd be about 10 more Democrats in the House.

[
As I said the only question that need be asked on a census is how many people live in your domicile. The rest is no one's business especially not the fucking government's.

Well, no, there are a bunch of laws that require getting that other information.

And frankly, I get a little bored with anti-government loons.

tumblr_llblzcl4PD1qztsh3o1_500.png

Because people get missed on counts. Again, if we did an accurate assessment, there'd be about 10 more Democrats in the House.

[

Well, no, there are a bunch of laws that require getting that other information.

OOOH a "bunch of laws" care to post any.

The only thing required by the constitution is a count.

Bullshit. I don't believe it.

I believe it, but the Australian citizens do have recourse. They can vote in representatives who will put a stop to this nonsense. It sounds like this is something being done that most Aussies are unaware of. Make them aware of it, and they will show their displeasure and make their voices heard.

I worked on both the 2000 and 2010 censuses.

What I found is that usually, they hire a bunch of people, train them very poorly, and hilarity ensues.

Probably the same case in Australia.

That said, it doesn't stop guys like Temple Kookmack from fantasizing about shooting a census worker for asking the wrong question, proving once again, the best argument for gun control is a talk with a gun nut.

you mean like the real "gun nuts".....the guys in gangs?....you will probably have a gun in your face while talking to them....

[

Joe i delivered the forms to these things in the last 4 census ......the great majority of people do their own counting......and there are a hell of a lot of forms turned back in.....so how many households have to have someone go out and ask?....

[

Joe i delivered the forms to these things in the last 4 census ......the great majority of people do their own counting......and there are a hell of a lot of forms turned back in.....so how many households have to have someone go out and ask?....

I know that when I was an enumerator, I had to visit hundreds of houses both times. Sometimes it was because no one legitimately lived there. Other times people simply forgot. A few actively hid from me. Mexican immigrants when I did it in Cicero in 2000 and Polish immigrants where I live now.

I believe it, but the Australian citizens do have recourse. They can vote in representatives who will put a stop to this nonsense. It sounds like this is something being done that most Aussies are unaware of. Make them aware of it, and they will show their displeasure and make their voices heard.

What I found is that usually, they hire a bunch of people, train them very poorly, and hilarity ensues.

That said, it doesn't stop guys like Temple Kookmack from fantasizing about shooting a census worker for asking the wrong question, proving once again, the best argument for gun control is a talk with a gun nut.

you mean like the real "gun nuts".....the guys in gangs?....you will probably have a gun in your face while talking to them....

Again- most gun deaths are suicides, accidents and domestic arguments.

The gang-bangers aren't that big of a problem, they are just how the NRA and gun manufacturers scare people into buying their products.

The gang-bangers aren't that big of a problem, they are just how the NRA and gun manufacturers scare people into buying their products.

oh they arent?.....ok Joe.....on a program here about gun violence in California it was stated that if you remove shooting incidences by the gangs in this State Californias gun violence stats drop 60-70%.....and it was agreed on by both sides of the people on the show....so yea they dont make a difference Joe.....

oh they arent?.....ok Joe.....on a program here about gun violence in California it was stated that if you remove shooting incidences by the gangs in this State Californias gun violence stats drop 60-70%.....and it was agreed on by both sides of the people on the show....so yea they dont make a difference Joe.....

A lot of erroneous stuff is said on "programs". I'll go with the crime statistics.

Most gun deaths are suicides, domestic violence or accidents.

A lot of erroneous stuff is said on "programs". I'll go with the crime statistics.

Most gun deaths are suicides, domestic violence or accidents.

they had the stats compiled by the FBI and local police.....the people on the panel were Chiefs of Police and DA's from various cities.....there was like 10 of them....it was on Gun Violence in California ......ill go by what they say Joe....you cant tell me that shootings by Gangs weekly in the Country dont add up to some pretty good numbers.....gun violence by Gangs adds a lot to the numbers....

Bullshit. I don't believe it.

You're entitled to your own beliefs, but not your own facts.

We are entitled to put the burden of proof on you as to the legitimacy of your story,

considering the established reputation of the source:

Today Tonight is notorious for its sensationalist reporting, and is an example of tabloid television where stories rotate around community issues i.e. diet fads, miracle cures, welfare cheats, shonky builders, negligent doctors, poorly run businesses and corrupt government officials. For this reason the program is constantly under criticism and ridicule, especially by satirical groups such as The Chaser.

The show has also been found multiple times to be in breach of The Australian Communications and Media Authority's policies in regards to invasion of privacy and not Presenting factual material accurately.

Today Tonight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think your credibility ranks right up there, or right down there, with theirs.

Case closed. Thank you, NY.

Load of bullshit. Not that you would know, but Today Tonight is a highly inflammatory media program, known for stirring the pot, and their bullshit stories. The amount of times they have stretched the truth is ridiculous.

Don't believe a word they say.
By your reaction, i would say that they are then the soothsayers in your society.

Otherwise, you'd just ignore it......

I myself don't really believe it because Aussies are nothing if not independent. I can't see any of them standing by for this.

Forum List

Back