Autistic Children At Play

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I have mixed views about this. On one hand I'm glad that the child should be safe, but on another,.. I don't think that just because a child is autistic doesn't mean he can't be taught to stay out of the road away from cars and the mother is just relying on other people to help parent her child. I mean, I don't know much about Autism though so I can't say for sure.

A blind kid can be taught to stay on the sidewalk, and a deaf kid can be taught to look both ways, but we still put up signs for them.

No doubt, some autism awareness group lobbied for that sign. I favor any sign that makes people slow down and think in an area where children are likely to be playing.

One of my co-workers has an autistic son who has never had anything to say. I've wanted to ask how she and her husband handle him, but I never have because I don't know how to approach the question in a way that doesn't give them the impression that I am looking down on them in any way. All that I know is that their boy is ten years old now and whenever I see him, he has a video game type thing in his hand.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. A special thank you of course will always go out to anyone who is respectful and considerate enough to abide by such a sign when there are plenty of people out there who don't care one way or another. If they are not going to respect one law, rule or regulation, why would another make any difference?

They called us autistic children deer long ago to avoid the embarrassment of people knowing of our disability.

Forum List

Back