Back to the birth certificate...

JBond

Winning
May 15, 2016
Kansas
I'm sure this has been covered, but I don't know the answer. The only reason I am asking is because Obama's half brother posted Obama's birth certificate today.

The certificate Barack passed around shows he was born on Aug. 4th, 1961 and it says his father was from Kenya. How is that possible? In 1961 it was a British colony known as the East African Protectorate. It wasn't until 1963 that they gained their independence. I'm sure I will be flamed for asking, but to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on African history, so I'm throwing it out there.

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack's Kenya 'certificate of birth' - The American Mirror

I'm sure this has been covered, but I don't know the answer. The only reason I am asking is because Obama's half brother posted Obama's birth certificate today.

The certificate Barack passed around shows he was born on Aug. 4th, 1961 and it says his father was from Kenya. How is that possible? In 1961 it was a British colony known as the East African Protectorate. It wasn't until 1963 that they gained their independence. I'm sure I will be flamed for asking, but to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on African history, so I'm throwing it out there.

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack's Kenya 'certificate of birth' - The American Mirror
How many of you idiots are going to continue to fall for this? :laugh:

Lucas Smith is somewhere laughing his ass off at you for falling for this old forgery.

Good. Making progress. You have the answer. It was an honest question. I was never into the birther crap and just wanted a simple explanation. Please share. Thanks.

Good. Making progress. You have the answer. It was an honest question. I was never into the birther crap and just wanted a simple explanation. Please share. Thanks.
Ask Lucas Smith (who pushed this forgery in 2009) why he hasnt corrected the doctors name yet? Its not Helton. Its Heltan. You need more evidence its a forgery?

Last edited:

Ask Lucas Smith who pushed this forgery in 2009 why he hasnt corrected the doctors name yet? Its not Helton. Its Heltan. You need more evidence its a forgery?
I don't really care about the half brother post. I am more interested in the timeline. British Colony vs Kenya. I read the article and finally took the time to look at the certificate Obama shared. I was curious and discovered Kenya didn't exist at the time of Obama's birth. Just seemed odd, so I thought I would risk the ridicule and ask.

You bring up a valid point about the information on the certificate that Obama released. It also had his father as African American, a term that wasn't in use yet, and listed a hospital that didn't exist yet. When things don't add up, people get rightfully suspicious. Prepare for the attacks from the left, as they will insist you accept what Obama has stated. If you dare question it, they will be mean.

The certificate was surfaced in 2009 by the birther Oley Taitz. It was quickly debunked and called a hoax and counterfeit certificate. Both Snopes and Politifact still have their hoax explanations available online. Google Obama kenya birth certificate hoax. What you have recently seen is a tweet of the 2009 fraudulent certificate.

I see you get your information from The American Mirror:
"A questionable source exhibits any of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news.
Bias: Extreme Right"
The American Mirror

You bring up a valid point about the information on the certificate that Obama released. It also had his father as African American, a term that wasn't in use yet, and listed a hospital that didn't exist yet. When things don't add up, people get rightfully suspicious. Prepare for the attacks from the left, as they will insist you accept what Obama has stated. If you dare question it, they will be mean.
I have my big boy pants on. It's just the interwebs, but I am curious. Hopefully a knowledgeable poster will share their insight with me in a way that is helpful.

Ask Lucas Smith who pushed this forgery in 2009 why he hasnt corrected the doctors name yet? Its not Helton. Its Heltan. You need more evidence its a forgery?
I don't really care about the half brother post. I am more interested in the timeline. British Colony vs Kenya. I read the article and finally took the time to look at the certificate Obama shared. I was curious and discovered Kenya didn't exist at the time of Obama's birth. Just seemed odd, so I thought I would risk the ridicule and ask.
Who told you Kenya didnt exist at the time? The country was named after Mt Kenya which has always been there. Pretty sure the locals called it that for centuries prior to whites arriving.

I see you get your information from The American Mirror:
"A questionable source exhibits any of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news.
Bias: Extreme Right"
The American Mirror
Another weak minded attack. Sigh ... so you don't know? Thanks for playing.

Who told you Kenya didnt exist at the time? The country was named after Mt Kenya which has always been there. Pretty sure the locals called it that for centuries prior to whites arriving.
It was a British colony. Doubt the US would use a local term instead of its official name. Maybe you are right. Still looking for a definitive answer.

It was a British colony. Doubt the US would use a local term instead of its official name. Maybe you are right. Still looking for a definitive answer.
The clerk that filled it out simply asks the father what his place of birth is. They dont verify if the country exists. You wont get a definitive answer until someone shows a legit Kenyan birth certificate. The people making the claim have the burden of proof.

The clerk that filled it out simply asks the father what his place of birth is. They dont verify if the country exists.
Ok. Seems reasonable. He could have said Jupiter and the clerk would have entered it in his record. Makes complete sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Forum List

Back