Back to the birth certificate...

I'm sure this has been covered, but I don't know the answer. The only reason I am asking is because Obama's half brother posted Obama's birth certificate today.

The certificate Barack passed around shows he was born on Aug. 4th, 1961 and it says his father was from Kenya. How is that possible? In 1961 it was a British colony known as the East African Protectorate. It wasn't until 1963 that they gained their independence. I'm sure I will be flamed for asking, but to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on African history, so I'm throwing it out there.

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack's Kenya 'certificate of birth' - The American Mirror

Who called it Kenya? The British. What about Obama's family? What did they call it? What would they write on a document like this?

Kenya - Wikipedia

"In 1952, Princess Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip were on holiday at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya when her father, King George VI, died in his sleep."

They call it Kenya.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 6 | 1952: King George VI dies in his sleep

BBC news archive from 1952:

"Princess Elizabeth, who is at the Royal hunting lodge in Kenya, immediately becomes Queen at the age of 25."

And again, they call it Kenya.

So....... you don't have anything, sorry, get over it, he won't twice, "Butthurting" won't get you anywhere.
What was the official name?

It was a British colony. Doubt the US would use a local term instead of its official name. Maybe you are right. Still looking for a definitive answer.
I suggested what to google and gave the exact google wording for the search. Not only will that get you to fact checks, it will also take you to other articles written in 2009 about the story.
I'm sorry camp. I missed the link. Posting from my tablet. Didn't see the link or wording you want me to use. Throw it up again. Thanks.
I did not give a link. Fact check links and this subject is too controversial. Figured I would let you do your own search and take your pick. I typed in 'Obama kenya birth certificate hoax' and got lots of links to the topic.
Is there a little a link that explains the name discrepancy?
One would probably have to interview the person that filled in the information to find out what happened.
Fair enough. Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. Better than the idiotic attacks.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I don't know the answer. The only reason I am asking is because Obama's half brother posted Obama's birth certificate today.

The certificate Barack passed around shows he was born on Aug. 4th, 1961 and it says his father was from Kenya. How is that possible? In 1961 it was a British colony known as the East African Protectorate. It wasn't until 1963 that they gained their independence. I'm sure I will be flamed for asking, but to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on African history, so I'm throwing it out there.

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack's Kenya 'certificate of birth' - The American Mirror

Who called it Kenya? The British. What about Obama's family? What did they call it? What would they write on a document like this?

Kenya - Wikipedia

"In 1952, Princess Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip were on holiday at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya when her father, King George VI, died in his sleep."

They call it Kenya.

"Princess Elizabeth, who is at the Royal hunting lodge in Kenya, immediately becomes Queen at the age of 25."

So....... you don't have anything, sorry, get over it, he won't twice, "Butthurting" won't get you anywhere.
Why does that matter if the Black African didnt honor the white name?

I see you get your information from The American Mirror:
"A questionable source exhibits any of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news.
Bias: Extreme Right"
The American Mirror

Get back to one of the questions. Go look at the birth certificate that Obama released. Explain why it states 'Kenya' on it. Do you know or not?

Also, do you know why they would use the term African American when they were still calling them black at the time?

Also, can you explain why the hospital listed wasn't built yet?

Again, go to whatever website might have the actual certificate released by Obama.
I'd tap the brakes on the hospital thing, unless you have something to share that is definitive.

The information on the hospital site and snopes has changed since 2009. Makes it hard to pin anything down that way. I remember well that it took them a few tries to get their info matched with what the WH posted. Just made the whole thing weird.

Obama birth mystery: More than 1 hospital

"A questionable source exhibits any of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news.
The American Mirror

Get back to one of the questions. For the moment, just ignore the certificate Obama's brother released. Go look at the birth certificate that Obama released. Explain why it states 'Kenya' on it when there was no Kenya in 1961. Can you explain that or not?
It is a forgery.

Who told you Kenya didnt exist at the time? The country was named after Mt Kenya which has always been there. Pretty sure the locals called it that for centuries prior to whites arriving.
It was a British colony. Doubt the US would use a local term instead of its official name. Maybe you are right. Still looking for a definitive answer.
I suggested what to google and gave the exact google wording for the search. Not only will that get you to fact checks, it will also take you to other articles written in 2009 about the story.
I'm sorry camp. I missed the link. Posting from my tablet. Didn't see the link or wording you want me to use. Throw it up again. Thanks.
I did not give a link. Fact check links and this subject is too controversial. Figured I would let you do your own search and take your pick. I typed in 'Obama kenya birth certificate hoax' and got lots of links to the topic.
Is there a little a link that explains the name discrepancy?
I do not know. I am not the curious one, you are. I feel no need to read all that stuff to find some particular factoid.

The American Mirror

Get back to one of the questions. Go look at the birth certificate that Obama released. Explain why it states 'Kenya' on it. Do you know or not?

Also, do you know why they would use the term African American when they were still calling them black at the time?

Again, go to whatever website might have the actual certificate released by Obama.
I'd tap the brakes on the hospital thing, unless you have something to share that is definitive.

The information on the hospital site and snopes has changed since 2009. Makes it hard to pin anything down that way. I remember well that it took them a few tries to get their info matched with what the WH posted. Just made the whole thing weird.

I know. That is an issue with the digital world. It can change with a few keystrokes.

The American Mirror

Not just an alternative fact. its an auxiliary universe your link comes from.

You bring up a valid point about the information on the certificate that Obama released. It also had his father as African American, a term that wasn't in use yet, and listed a hospital that didn't exist yet. When things don't add up, people get rightfully suspicious. Prepare for the attacks from the left, as they will insist you accept what Obama has stated. If you dare question it, they will be mean.

Except Kenya was called Kenya in 1952, so in 1962 you have to assume it'd still be called Kenya.

"Princess Elizabeth, who is at the Royal hunting lodge in Kenya, immediately becomes Queen at the age of 25. "

Definition of AFRICAN-AMERICAN

"
Definition of African–American
  1. : an American of African and especially of black African descent
"

"
First Known Use of african–american

"

Obama was born at the Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children.

Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children - Wikipedia

"
  • In 1884, Princess Kekaulike died and willed her home, Ululani, as the site of a proposed maternity home to help Hawaiian mothers.
  • In 1890, after the princess's sister, Queen Kapiʻolani, raised $8,000 through bazaars and luaus, she founded the Kapiʻolani Home of the Hoʻolu and Hoʻola Lahui Society (society to propagate and perpetuate the race), located at Beretania and Makiki streets, to provide a maternity home for Hawaiian women. The five-bedroom home was opened on June 14, 1890 by King Kalākaua and Queen Kapiʻolani. Only six babies were born at the home the first year, since local women remained suspicious of doctors and institutions.
Which had been there since 1890.

"In 1931, its name was changed to the Kapiʻolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital."

That's the EXACT NAME on the birth certificate Obama provided.

So it isn't that things don't add up. It's that you just don't look. You don't want it to be true.

List of hospitals in Kenya - Wikipedia

I have a Coast Hospice on here, opened in 2001.

Coast Provincial Hospital

But here as the CPGH, the "CPGH was a new hospital in 1954."

Oh, and the British do DAY/MONTH/YEAR

The birth certificate presented by his half brother has the 8th of JULY 1961 as the date at the bottom. The date before this is 8th August, but it appears they're trying to make it out as if it were the 7th August and then the 8th August. They got it wrong.

You can't be born on the 4th of August and have your birth certificate signed on the 8th July, simply, chronology doesn't work like that.

Also the birth dates at the top are in American and not British formatting. Bahhhhhh!!!! Fake as hell.

Kenya - Wikipedia

They call it Kenya.

Why does that matter if the Black African didnt honor the white name?

Well, if you go to a hospital "Where are you from?" "I'm from Kenya" "Oh, that's great, never heard of it" What do you think they'll write down on the form?

Doesn't matter anyway, the British used Kenya 10 years before, so.....

Also, the brother's birth certificate is fake, it uses the dates WRONGLY. It uses AMERICANS dates and not British, and yet had been under British influence and would have used British dates.

The birth certificate presented by his half brother has the 8th of JULY 1961 as the date at the bottom. The date before this is 8th August, but it appears they're trying to make it out as if it were the 7th August and then the 8th August. They got it wrong.

You can't be born on the 4th of August and have your birth certificate signed on the 8th July, simply, chronology doesn't work like that.

Also the birth dates at the top are in American and not British formatting. Bahhhhhh!!!! Fake as hell.
Deniers dont want to produce evidence of their claim. They just want to pick at Obamas evidence. It drives them mad a Black guy was the POTUS for 8 years. :laugh:

Give 2 years or less they might have a perfect forgery and we will hear about this silly subject again. Good think I work in the tech field with people that can prove a forgery.

Forum List

Back