Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The TEA Party has the RINOs in their crosshairs:

Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United | Pith in the Wind

The tea party settled one question this afternoon at a meeting to audition candidates to challenge Sen. Lamar Alexander in next year’s GOP primary. Both Joe Carr and Kevin Kookogey promised they'll drop out of the picture if tea partiers are rallying behind the other guy.

Carr, a three-term state representative from Murfreesboro, took the pledge in his opening statement to the crowd of roughly 300 at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. It was the first of five meetings to vet potential challengers to Alexander and to conduct secret straw polls. At the end of September, tea partiers will add up the votes and decide which candidate to back. Carr said if it’s not him, he’s out.

We’re all here for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to beat Lamar Alexander for the United States Senate. Before I go any further, I’m going to tell you that this process is so important that we’ve got to unite around one candidate. However this process works out, I pledge to you that I will support that candidate because it’s that important. We as principled constitutional conservatives can no longer allow ourselves to be divided. We need one candidate who can run against Lamar who can win this election and carry the banner of constitutional conservatism to the United States Senate.​

The tea party settled one question this afternoon at a meeting to audition candidates to challenge Sen. Lamar Alexander in next year’s GOP primary. Both Joe Carr and Kevin Kookogey promised they'll drop out of the picture if tea partiers are rallying behind the other guy.

Carr, a three-term state representative from Murfreesboro, took the pledge in his opening statement to the crowd of roughly 300 at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. It was the first of five meetings to vet potential challengers to Alexander and to conduct secret straw polls. At the end of September, tea partiers will add up the votes and decide which candidate to back. Carr said if it’s not him, he’s out.

We’re all here for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to beat Lamar Alexander for the United States Senate. Before I go any further, I’m going to tell you that this process is so important that we’ve got to unite around one candidate. However this process works out, I pledge to you that I will support that candidate because it’s that important. We as principled constitutional conservatives can no longer allow ourselves to be divided. We need one candidate who can run against Lamar who can win this election and carry the banner of constitutional conservatism to the United States Senate.​

Excellent! :clap:

You gotta love it when Republicans eat their own then run candidates that have no chance at winning.

BTW....I might take some bets already that the GOP loses the next POTUS election regardless of who runs on either side. If I do are there any takers?

You gotta love it when Republicans eat their own then run candidates that have no chance at winning.

BTW....I might take some bets already that the GOP loses the next POTUS election regardless of who runs on either side. If I do are there any takers?

not me

The wh is lost to the best liars forever.

seriously, with the economy still tanked, more people out of work, the dnc machine was able to make the election about utterly useless ideas.

and I can't recall a single one

Democrats never run nutcases. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Bob Filner area all republicans.

Sure, we do, Kaz. You are a RINO and as such you are quite different from the far left liberals, as well as a distorted image of real conservatives and moderates in the GOP.

Forum List

Back