Bait and switch...

Please, everyone, remember what Patton once said. "Wall fortification is a monument to man's stupidity". tRump has now proven just how right Patton was!

You can't even get the quote correct.

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
George S. Patton - Wikiquote

He was talking about fixed fortifications which could easily be bypassed by mobile armies, especially tanks.

You do know that the "wall" is not just the physical wall right?
When Trump and Democrats BEFORE Trump talk about a wall, it is a number of assets.
A physical wall, increase in border patrol, surveillance and detection technology all working together.
The Democrats were for it before they were against it as soon as it was uttered from Trumps mouth
No they weren’t. They supported increased security ten years ago
Since then, the number of illegal immigrations has decreased

But stop moving the goalposts. Trump promised a big, beautiful wall and that Mexico would pay for it

Looks like taxpayers are being asked to pay

Really RW?
You ever hear of campaign rhetoric? Unfulfilled campaign promises? Only Trump?
Do tell.
Didn’t sound rhetorical to me

If it was rhetoric, why did Trump ask the president of Mexico to pay for the wall in his first week as President?

The Mexican President told Trump to go fuk himself
Because Trump does things for effect, and rather in-eloquently.
The guy is not exactly well polished, but that is not always bad. I remember at the G7 Summit and he lambasted the entire European government for their continued failure to meet their financial requirements. I practically stood up and applauded at the TV. Loooooong overdue, he was absolutely right about stopping our annual funding of their slush funds while they fail repeatedly to even remotely fulfill their financial responsibilities.
Fact is Trump is arrogant/egotistical/crude and probably the largest whiner the White House has ever had...but he is far far far less of a problem than the hysterical over-dramatized Trump mania the left drone out every single day.
I don't particularly like him overall, but we could and have, done much worse.
What you mean is....he lies
He will say anything to get what he wants

He thought he would get more support for a border wall if he said he would make Mexico pay for it

So he lied

Yeah...and?
You don't think the Messiah Obama lied? Hillary lies? Clinton lied?
Pelosi lies? Biden lies?
Name me a politician that doesn't lie/bend the truth, lie by omission etc. and I will show you a square peg that fits perfectly in a round hole.
But here is the difference.... Republicans look past their side when they lie and go beyond themselves when Democrats lie...and...wait for... Democrats do the same.
So...the challenge is not to be a sheep and tool.
Are you?

Please, everyone, remember what Patton once said. "Wall fortification is a monument to man's stupidity". tRump has now proven just how right Patton was!

You can't even get the quote correct.

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
George S. Patton - Wikiquote

He was talking about fixed fortifications which could easily be bypassed by mobile armies, especially tanks.
Or Mexicans with ladders

No they weren’t. They supported increased security ten years ago
Since then, the number of illegal immigrations has decreased

But stop moving the goalposts. Trump promised a big, beautiful wall and that Mexico would pay for it

Looks like taxpayers are being asked to pay

Really RW?
Do tell.

If it was rhetoric, why did Trump ask the president of Mexico to pay for the wall in his first week as President?

The guy is not exactly well polished, but that is not always bad. I remember at the G7 Summit and he lambasted the entire European government for their continued failure to meet their financial requirements. I practically stood up and applauded at the TV. Loooooong overdue, he was absolutely right about stopping our annual funding of their slush funds while they fail repeatedly to even remotely fulfill their financial responsibilities.
Fact is Trump is arrogant/egotistical/crude and probably the largest whiner the White House has ever had...but he is far far far less of a problem than the hysterical over-dramatized Trump mania the left drone out every single day.

He thought he would get more support for a border wall if he said he would make Mexico pay for it

So he lied

Yeah...and?
Pelosi lies? Biden lies?
Name me a politician that doesn't lie/bend the truth, lie by omission etc. and I will show you a square peg that fits perfectly in a round hole.
But here is the difference.... Republicans look past their side when they lie and go beyond themselves when Democrats lie...and...wait for... Democrats do the same.
Are you?
Keep going......you will have to name over a hundred politicians before you approach the number of lies Trump has told in the last two years

Amnesty is a fucked up concept
Amnesty is why a wall is ineffective

~S~
We have no border security at this point, it’s a fucking clown show. Of course everything’s ineffective

Actually, we've walled off the majority of our southern boarder , threw more secuirty at it , and the #'s are down

BUT , the legislation shenanigans of DACA , our IRS, as well as a host of other loopholes are big enough to throw a caravan through

So.....there's your 'bait / switch' Rusty one

~S~
The fact remains it’s a fucking clown show down there, totally ineffective to this point. We have no border security to speak of down there
Volunteer and pack yer bags.

Really RW?
Do tell.

So he lied

Yeah...and?
Pelosi lies? Biden lies?
Are you?
Keep going......you will have to name over a hundred politicians before you approach the number of lies Trump has told in the last two years

If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy to fool yourself in thinking Trump does it any less/more than any average politician...then go for it.
Like I have said to you before friend - you are either are part of the problem, or part of the solution. And the divisive foolish/blind rock throwing contest is exactly why we have who we have in Washington - both sides.

So he lied

Yeah...and?
Pelosi lies? Biden lies?
Are you?

If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy to fool yourself in thinking Trump does it any less/more than any average politician...then go for it.
Like I have said to you before friend - you are either are part of the problem, or part of the solution. And the divisive foolish/blind rock throwing contest is exactly why we have who we have in Washington - both sides.
There is a difference in magnitude and frequency

Most politicians will omit certain facts or exaggerate to a degree

Trump outright lies. His lies are complete fabrications that are quickly proven wrong....then he repeats the lie

So he lied

Yeah...and?
Pelosi lies? Biden lies?
Are you?

There is a difference in magnitude and frequency

Most politicians will omit certain facts or exaggerate to a degree

Trump outright lies. His lies are complete fabrications that are quickly proven wrong....then he repeats the lie
Oh come on...Obama lied to us in numerous ways, mostly through misrepresentation and omission. The difference is the media rarely called him out on it. The media today is dedicated 24hrs to constantly bash the President. If they had did this to Obama, they would look the same.
And BTW - mostly what Trump lies and exaggerates about doesn't amount to hill of beans...stupid shit that doesn't matter.
Trump is not the problem. Global Corporatism is. Period. Everything else is white noise.

Dems offered $25 billion in border funding last year in return for a path to citizenship for Dreamers

Trump turned it down
Link?

Opinion | There’s no dealing with Trump. So a long-term plan to save the ‘dreamers’ is taking shape.

Yep. This shutdown is untenable for Republicans. They will have no choice but to give fairly major concessions to Dems.
Amnesty will always be a fucked up concept

Dems offered $25 billion in border funding last year in return for a path to citizenship for Dreamers

Trump turned it down
Link?

Opinion | There’s no dealing with Trump. So a long-term plan to save the ‘dreamers’ is taking shape.

Yep. This shutdown is untenable for Republicans. They will have no choice but to give fairly major concessions to Dems.
Amnesty will always be a fucked up concept

But may be part of a solution. You wanted this fight.

Our president is the greatest deal maker of all time...So where is the deal?

All he has offered is demands. A deal means you have to offer something in return

Deals Democrats may agree to...

Path to citizenship for dreamers
Appoint Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court
Have Trump agree not to run in 2020

See? Democrats are reasonable

He offered you making the dreamers legal last year. You turned it down

Forum List

Back