🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Who the fck cares what some religious tract says when the issue is civil laws?

Romans first chapter and First Corinthians 6:9-10.

I will repeat...no where does the bible condemn loving, committed same sex relationships. The chapters you quoted have nothing to do with loving, committed same sex relationships.

You can call bullshit caviar, but it is still bullshit.

I suppose YOU can and you can disagree with all the Christians that don't see the bible as being anti gay.

Bigots have always thought their religious texts justified their bigotry.

I will repeat...no where does the bible condemn loving, committed same sex relationships. The chapters you quoted have nothing to do with loving, committed same sex relationships.

You can call bullshit caviar, but it is still bullshit.

I suppose YOU can and you can disagree with all the Christians that don't see the bible as being anti gay.

Bigots have always thought their religious texts justified their bigotry.

I gave you the New Testament references. Make your case. Go for it.

Tyranny? How so? If one gets a business license in a state with equal access laws for businesses...what do you think that means?

A state passes a law which prohibits Muslims from working. Hey, if they want to work all they need to do is convert away from Islam.

All you're doing is appealing to the fallacy of law. "The Law Says So."

Wait...let me guess...you think that is an equal analogy. :lol:

Look, if you can't defend your position isn't it better for you to simply slink away and not say anything? This strategy of yours is laughable. I mean people actually laugh at what you're doing.

To use a :lol as a rebuttal is pathetic.

They are too ignorant to make a coherent argument, so this is their response....."You're a bigot". Trash.

So..let me get this clear. You are calling me a rapist.

Are you raping my human rights? Are you being a totalitarian?

If you're raping my human rights by forcing me to associate with someone I don't want to associate with, (for instance, forcing a woman to be attended by a male gynecologist instead of a female gynecologist of her choice) then you're a rapist of human rights.

If you don't like people seeing you as a raper of human rights, then don't rape people's human rights. Pretty simple, isn't it?

Here's the important thing - the victim of your attack doesn't care that you think you're doing something good by raping them of their human rights. Your good motivations don't wash away your totalitarian crimes.

No one is forcing you to open a business to serve the public. Your rape allegory denigrates victims of rape. The victims in this case are the customers, not the business owner.

When the person being punched in the face is telling you that they are the victim of an assault, it's asinine to declare that this person used his face to pummel the fists of the person who was striking him and it is he therefore who is the attacker and not the victim.

The business owner who doesn't want to associate with someone is being FORCED to associate against their will. By anyone's standards, even liberals, being forced to do something against your will is a harm.

The chapters you quoted have nothing to do with loving, committed same sex relationships.

When homosexuals use the term "committed" how many sexual partners fit into that definition of committed?

New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years — about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.​

This issue, in my opinion, feels like an attack on any business owner who believes in the sanctity of traditional marriage. Why can't a person run his or her business in accordance with the beliefs and value judgments that person has? Our society has come a long way, but I feel we are blindly marching towards a black storm cloud. In a free society, all business owners should be allowed to run their businesses as they wish. On the other hand, all customers should be allowed to patron any business they wish, and leave if they do not like the way certain businesses are run. Instead, this man, Jack Phillips, is being forced—by our own government—to abandon our morals and beliefs if we want to be able to run our own business in America. Does anyone besides me find this to be yet another stone in the pathway to communism?

It's fascism. Now we're supposed to scrap our beliefs and morals to appease everyone. If you would, please tell me this: are Neo-Nazis afforded this same right, to go to a cake store run by a homosexual, and order a cake that viciously insults homosexuals? Is it true that turnabout is fair play, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander? Or will we see that this law only affects people, and not everyone as it should? If it's the latter, then hypocrisy abounds, and our nation is being destroyed—corrupted—from within.

It would be better if all business owners—homosexuals included—could choose who they wish to serve, and that customers may choose who they wish to patronize, or not to.

It's about submission. The queers don't want to live and let live. They want the Christian to be forced. That's what it's about.

I wish I could buy some cakes from this business..

I like their style.

Repeal the equal access laws then....then businesses everywhere can refuse service to blacks, to women, to hispanics, to handicapped too.

Yup...that's all I'm saying. You shouldn't get to throw my gay ass out of my establishment if I can't throw your Christian ass outta mine.

And you absolutely should be able to do both.

I wish I could buy some cakes from this business..

I like their style.

Baker Who Won?t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

The commission’s order requires Phillips to design wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies in violation of his beliefs, institute re-education classes for his staff on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act and send quarterly “compliance” reports to the commission for two years.

::::::::::

This is the issue at the heart of the appeal: Phillips claims the government should not be forcing business owners to betray their consciences and convey what they do not believe. Even more importantly, he says, the government should not be in the business of “rehabilitating” consciences or “re-educating” its citizens to change their moral beliefs about the definition of marriage.
Just remember it was Obama and the democrats who brought us re-education camps. What next? Stalag 18?

Who the fck cares what some religious tract says when the issue is civil laws?

All those people who value and defend human rights and oppose the totalitarianism of liberals. That's who.

It's about submission. The queers don't want to live and let live. They want the Christian to be forced. That's what it's about.

As opposed to "christians" forcing their beliefs on the rest of us.

Oh my god. You said the same thing a few days ago and you were asked repeatedly to give an example. You couldn't. Until you can, I suggest therapy.

I'm not so sure about this, Ibentoken. There should exist at least some homosexuals who do wish to live and let live, without using government to force all people to bend to their views. Likely they are rare, yet out there.

Bodeacea, may you please elaborate. I have not seen our government using its vast power to force homosexuals to conform to the beliefs of the Christians.

So someone is forcing you to attend a sermon saying homosexuality is a sin? There are no other bakers in the area?

These two sentiments I have no issue with. :)

I pray the baker has the will to be imprisoned as a political prisoner. This outrage needs light shined on it.

I'm sure that there are many here that would believe that if you replace the word "Jews" with the word "Muslims" or "Pagans". :D

Code:

A Muslim isn't going to custom design your queer wedding cake either. In fact, he just might hang you.

An American Muslim that owns a bakery in a locality that protects sexual orientation from discrimination will bake the cake if it is a cake they provide. It really is that simple.

You will have jihad brought down on you and the case will be dropped.

Forum List

Back