🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Christians are at liberty to practice their ignorance and hate in accordance with what they perceive to be the tenets of their faith, but they are not at liberty to seek to codify that ignorance and hate.

I understand that we're all on a message board and not writing for publication but it's entirely unwarranted to claim that expressing one's opinions or acting on one's beliefs is the same as codifying something. No one is arguing that their position become law, they're arguing that liberal totalitarians lift their jackboots off the throats of people and allow them to exercise their human rights.

For me it comes down to Owning my own artwork. Cake is same cake mix and frosting. if you want one of my cakes then pick one out, pay me & be on your way. When coming to me for a custom wedding cake you are not just buying the cake mix and frosting...You are buying my artwork in frosting that cake. Ever seen Cake Boss. It's not about the cake mix although excellent it about designing the cake. That's were my Art is Mine and I have the choice as to who, what ,when, where & why comes into play. I not even concerned about religious reasons just on principle that cake is my song. No One has a right to my song any more than a right to my design and ideas on a cake. I have stuff already made pick one, pay me & be on your way. Want custom we can talk about it...I get to decide who I share my artwork with. We go into a contract when ordering custom work. How can I be Made to enter into a contract against my will to make something with my own hands for some one I choose not to do business with???

If your business is in a jurisdiction with public accommodations laws affording protections to gay patrons, and that business meets the criteria of a business subject to those laws, any normal course of business afforded to the general public – concerning goods and/or services – are subject to those regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause, including ordering custom work.

You are not being made to do anything 'against your will,' you're simply conducting your business as a responsible business owner, obeying the regulations associated with conducting business, in an appropriate and professional manner.

For me it comes down to Owning my own artwork. Cake is same cake mix and frosting. if you want one of my cakes then pick one out, pay me & be on your way. When coming to me for a custom wedding cake you are not just buying the cake mix and frosting...You are buying my artwork in frosting that cake. Ever seen Cake Boss. It's not about the cake mix although excellent it about designing the cake. That's were my Art is Mine and I have the choice as to who, what ,when, where & why comes into play. I not even concerned about religious reasons just on principle that cake is my song. No One has a right to my song any more than a right to my design and ideas on a cake. I have stuff already made pick one, pay me & be on your way. Want custom we can talk about it...I get to decide who I share my artwork with. We go into a contract when ordering custom work. How can I be Made to enter into a contract against my will to make something with my own hands for some one I choose not to do business with???

If your business is in a jurisdiction with public accommodations laws affording protections to gay patrons, and that business meets the criteria of a business subject to those laws, any normal course of business afforded to the general public – concerning goods and/or services – are subject to those regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause, including ordering custom work.

You are not being made to do anything 'against your will,' you're simply conducting your business as a responsible business owner, obeying the regulations associated with conducting business, in an appropriate and professional manner.
I don't care about the gay thing i care about My Own artwork being mine. I'm in the cake business. I sell cakes and sometimes I do custom work. I get to decide who and what custom work I choose to do. Maybe I'm already busy that day...No one has a right to My Art. Cake designing is an Art.

And Jews are not being forced to do anything against their will. If Jews want to own a business all they have to do is comply with the same law that applies to everyone - they just need to be Christians.

Of course it is forcing people to do things against their will. YOu don't get to change the basic definitions of words simply because they show what your political dogma entails.

I dont want to take an action. You demand, through the force of law, that I MUST take that action. You have forced me to do something against my will. At the very least you could have the balls to admit what you support.

So..let me get this clear. You are calling me a rapist.

What are Christians forcing on you against your will?

Their ignorance and hate.

By seeking to repeal public accommodations laws prohibiting discrimination against gay patrons, “[h]omosexuals, by state decree, are put in a solitary class with respect to transactions and relations in both the private and governmental spheres[, w]ithdrawing from homosexuals, but no others, specific legal protection from the injuries caused by discrimination[.]” (Romer v. Evans (1996)).

Christians are at liberty to practice their ignorance and hate in accordance with what they perceive to be the tenets of their faith, but they are not at liberty to seek to codify that ignorance and hate.

You cannot force someone into servitude against their will in America. Codify that.

I don't care about the gay thing i care about My Own artwork being mine. I'm in the cake business. I sell cakes and sometimes I do custom work. I get to decide who and what custom work I choose to do. Maybe I'm already busy that day...No one has a right to My Art. Cake designing is an Art.

Good point. Nobody believes that Michelangelo could be forced to compose Mozart's music.

What we do and how we do it is an expression of who we are. You, I, and every person on earth has a right to believe and think what we want and we have a right to express those beliefs in any manner that suits us as long as we don't break any laws.

I haven't yet read the OP but based on the title of the thread I hope the baker wins the appeal. And if he IS forced to attend brain-washing classes I hope he totally ignores them.

And that's fine.

And Jews are not being forced to do anything against their will. If Jews want to own a business all they have to do is comply with the same law that applies to everyone - they just need to be Christians.

I'm sure that there are many here that would believe that if you replace the word "Jews" with the word "Muslims" or "Pagans". :D

I'm sure that there are many here that would believe that if you replace the word "Jews" with the word "Muslims" or "Pagans". :D

Code:

A Muslim isn't going to custom design your queer wedding cake either. In fact, he just might hang you.

We'll move on when queers learn to live and let live.
When they are equal, that is exactly what will happen. Wait and see...

We are all equal. You don't have the right to force me to labor for you simply because you suck dick.

It always fascinates me how supposed straight people are always bringing up gay sex images.....more than we do.

It's like they are all wearing "I see gay SEX only" glasses when they look at gay people....I'd hate to be wearing "I see straight SEX only" glasses when looking at straight people.

why do you support tyranny? and gleefully at that
Tyranny? How so? If one gets a business license in a state with equal access laws for businesses...what do you think that means?

A state passes a law which prohibits Muslims from working. Hey, if they want to work all they need to do is convert away from Islam.

All you're doing is appealing to the fallacy of law. "The Law Says So."

Wait...let me guess...you think that is an equal analogy. :lol:

Code:

A Muslim isn't going to custom design your queer wedding cake either. In fact, he just might hang you.

An American Muslim that owns a bakery in a locality that protects sexual orientation from discrimination will bake the cake if it is a cake they provide. It really is that simple.

Yes, live and let live. Stop targeting Christians for the purpose of forcing them to submit to your queer agenda. Live and let live. Try it.

If they're anti-gay homophobes, they are not Christian.

But, from what I've seen, most people who say they're christian are just haters who carry bibles.

Either way, their stated religion has nothing to do with human rights or our constitution.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. Jesus Christ is an anti-gay homophobe. Read your constitution about freedom of religion.

Jesus was actually talking about divorce at the time...but don't let facts get in the way of your religiously based anti gay bigotry. Segregationists did the same thing...used the bible in the most vile ways like you are. You make Jesus sad.

No one here is demanding outlawing homosexuality. Live and let live is what we are asking.

Yes. Live and let live.

MYOB

Bake the cake, wish them happines and move on.
So if the head of the klan walked in a black owned bakery and demanded a kkk cake. You would tell him, bake the cake, wish them happiness and move on?

Only if the baker said they take all special orders no exceptions. A KKK cake usually isn't in a bakers catalog of cakes...wedding cakes are.

Code:

An American Muslim that owns a bakery in a locality that protects sexual orientation from discrimination will bake the cake if it is a cake they provide. It really is that simple.

Probably not, as most progressives don't have the balls to sue Muslims or sic the government on them. Its a combination of being pussies, and their inability to contradict dark people.

So if the head of the klan walked in a black owned bakery and demanded a kkk cake. You would tell him, bake the cake, wish them happiness and move on?

Bake the damn cakes...

I dunno. These are all state laws, and they differ, but I doubt they force people to engage in what most of us would say is hate speech (a KKK cake). I think a baker could get away with, "of course I'll bake you our standard wedding cake, subject to your preference of flavor and color, but if you want two grooms on it, please provide them yourselves."

They differ for the gays...not for blacks, not for Catholics, Muslims, Protestants, Jews, the handicapped, etc. If I were a gay baker, I would have to provide services to all those people regardless of my personal faith. Why? Because they are federally protected.

But when does the whining start? When gays are protected in some places. Wah.

Code:

Probably not, as most progressives don't have the balls to sue Muslims or sic the government on them. Its a combination of being pussies, and their inability to contradict dark people.

Wow...that was really pathetic. Not up to your usual standards today.

If a Muslim bakery (lots of those, I'm sure) refused to bake a wedding cake that they advertised out of their catalog and they were in a locality that protects gays from discrimination, they would be sued.

Wow...that was really pathetic. Not up to your usual standards today.

If a Muslim bakery (lots of those, I'm sure) refused to bake a wedding cake that they advertised out of their catalog and they were in a locality that protects gays from discrimination, they would be sued.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Your side goes for the easy points, because of your basic cowardice in being progressives. You just can't stand people disapproving of your lifestyle, so obviously the only response is to try to ruin said people.

Forum List

Back