🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

This is about 3 percent of the population discriminating against those who hold religious beliefs saying their own beliefs are more important.

Businesses don't have religious beliefs. Once you call it a "business', you don't have a religious belief.

No matter how many times you post that, IT IS STILL A LIE!

Try another tack with liberals. Ask them to explain how a business can have a racial identity but not a religious identity.

As opposed to "christians" forcing their beliefs on the rest of us.

So someone is forcing you to attend a sermon saying homosexuality is a sin? There are no other bakers in the area?

Blue laws? No school on Sundays? What's up with that?

There is no prohibition on alcohol in the bible, he'll Catholics drink it Sundays all the time. Blue laws are vestiges of the temperance movement, which while supported by some Christians was opposed by catholics.

As for Sundays off, we get Saturdays off too. Care to blame the Jews for that one?

I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

Renounce his faith? He was asked to bake a cake(.)

I believe that the baker could have handled it in a way that would have kept this out of the courts.

Why not say something like:

"Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm flattered that you ask me to bake your cake. I'm sorry, but my religious beliefs would prevent me from giving it my very best effort. Don't you think you'd be happier with a baker who could be a wholehearted partner with you on your special day?"

I can't help but think being honest, respectful, and polite rarely gets you into trouble.
Yeah right. When someone wants to make an example of you, being polite won't make a bit of difference.

Can you support that homosexuals are born that way? Has any scientist found the gay gene yet? Know why, there isn't one. It's a choice that people make.

Homosexuals are immoral people committing disgusting acts, who try to make people with morals accept that as morality.

Countries that you might enjoy living in:

81 Countries where Homosexuality is Illegal

I hear Somalia and Libya are nice this time of year :thup:

No one here is demanding outlawing homosexuality. Live and let live is what we are asking.

You and others on the right are demanding that gay Americans be denied access to public accommodations simply as a consequence of your fear and ignorance, you and other social conservatives are advocating that gay Americans should be subject to discrimination in their home communities for no other reason than who they are, where measures in jurisdictions seeking to ensure gay Americans are allowed access to public accommodations are necessary, proper, and comport with Commerce Clause jurisprudence.

You and others on the right are demanding that gay Americans be denied access to public accommodations simply as a consequence of your fear and ignorance.

Wow, you fundamentally don't understand what your opponents are arguing.

Here's my position. I don't want to serve YOU in my business. I don't want to work alongside YOU in an office. I don't want YOU as my friend. Why do you believe that you're not committing an immoral act by FORCING your presence onto me? You're committing social rape and you're patting yourself on the back for it.

If people are motivated by disapproval of homosexuals or racism or sexism or because they saw their friends gutted by Vietcong and don't want to associate with Vietnamese-Americans, it's none of your fucking business to FORCE them to associate with people they don't want to associate with. It's not your fucking job to reform people.

Live your life as you please and take your totalitarianism and shove it where the sun doesn't shine and let other people exercise their human rights to free association as they best see fit.

You're freaking worse than the witch-burning Pilgrims. At least they ran out of witches to burn.

You and others on the right are demanding that gay Americans be denied access to public accommodations simply as a consequence of your fear and ignorance.

Here's my position. I don't want to serve YOU in my business. I don't want to work alongside YOU in an office. I don't want YOU as my friend. Why do you believe that you're not committing an immoral act by FORCING your presence onto me? You're committing social rape and you're patting yourself on the back for it.

If people are motivated by disapproval of homosexuals or racism or sexism or because they saw their friends gutted by Vietcong and don't want to associate with Vietnamese-Americans, it's none of your fucking business to FORCE them to associate with people they don't want to associate with. It's not your fucking job to reform people.

Live your life as you please and take your totalitarianism and shove it where the sun doesn't shine and let other people exercise their human rights to free association as they best see fit.

You're freaking worse than the witch-burning Pilgrims. At least they ran out of witches to burn.

Amazing....simply amazing.

No one here is demanding outlawing homosexuality. Live and let live is what we are asking.

You and others on the right are demanding that gay Americans be denied access to public accommodations simply as a consequence of your fear and ignorance, you and other social conservatives are advocating that gay Americans should be subject to discrimination in their home communities for no other reason than who they are, where measures in jurisdictions seeking to ensure gay Americans are allowed access to public accommodations are necessary, proper, and comport with Commerce Clause jurisprudence.

Bullshit. The queers target the Christian business and wanted a custom designed cake for a queer wedding. There were cakes for sale that he was happy to sell them. They wanted to force the Christian to submit to them. Now go fuck yourself.

So someone is forcing you to attend a sermon saying homosexuality is a sin? There are no other bakers in the area?

There is no prohibition on alcohol in the bible, he'll Catholics drink it Sundays all the time. Blue laws are vestiges of the temperance movement, which while supported by some Christians was opposed by catholics.

As for Sundays off, we get Saturdays off too. Care to blame the Jews for that one?

Well, no, I thank the Labor Movement for the Weekends. That's kind of awesome.

But here's the problem with the whole, "The Bible Says So". You can get different people reading the bible and coming up with different interpretations.

The Catholics are fine with Booze. The Mormons are dead set against it.

The Jews and Seventh Day Adventists are against shellfish. Everyone else is fine.

But, no we need to totally let whatever whacky church you belong to dictate what the rest of us do.

But here's the problem with the whole, "The Bible Says So". You can get different people reading the bible and coming up with different interpretations.

The Jews and Seventh Day Adventists are against shellfish. Everyone else is fine.

But, no we need to totally let whatever whacky church you belong to dictate what the rest of us do.

So the church is preventing gay couples from buying wedding cakes?

It's not fair to have gay people being denied a service open to everyone else just because they are gay. That's a greater travesty.

Btw, Southerners believed 50 years ago that it was against their religion to desegregate. So this religion excuse is nonsense. If he serves the general public, he must serve every group in the public.
There is nothing in the bible that says it's a sin to be of a different race. Segregation was discriminatory, plain and simple. However this baker does not refuse to serve gays. He only declined to bake them a cake for a gay wedding as he cannot participate in or support any gay themed event, otherwise he'd be in violation of his faith. Not following the teachings of his faith would be equivalent to renouncing his faith. He has a strong case, and the ruling will get overturned ... unless someone repeals the First Amendment before then.

That's what YOU believe. The segregationists and anti miscegenationists believed that it WAS a sin to associate with those that had the "Mark of Cain" on them.

They were "forced" to serve those sinful animals that they didn't consider full human. What about their religious liberties?
As a practicing Catholic, I am aware that the Catholic Church has never associated "Mark of Cain" with skin color. So no one in my family has ever supported segregation. However, getting back to the topic at hand, Mr.Phillips has never stated that he would refuse to serve gays, on the contrary he would gladly provide them service. What he won't do is participate in any activity that supports a gay lifestyle as it would be in conflict with his faith. Baking a cake for a gay wedding is one such activity. Not following the teachings of his faith means that he has effectively renounced his faith. According to the First Amendment, no one should be required to give up their faith. We provide asylum for folks from other countries who were prevented by their governments from practicing their faith, yet we are asking Mr.Phillips to abandon his faith. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I hope Mr.Phillips lawyer points out these facts when presenting his appeal. He will get this order overturned.

The totalitarian is amazed that the victims of her totalitarian policies aren't rejoicing at having her jackboot stomp on their neck. From her position, she sees lots of benefits from her totalitarianism because she gets what she wants and she gets to force people to do as she instructs them to do.

Who'd have thought that totalitarians like having their totalitarian orders followed?

And I'm pretty sure that you'd come down as a critic, likely a very harsh critic, of medieval-era Catholic Inquisitions and heresy trials. Look in the mirror.

Bullshit. The queers target the Christian business and wanted a custom designed cake for a queer wedding. There were cakes for sale that he was happy to sell them. They wanted to force the Christian to submit to them. Now go fuck yourself.

The baker makes wedding cakes. You cannot make a cake for one person but not for another. Either you make cakes for everyone, or you don't make them at all.

So the church is preventing gay couples from buying wedding cakes?

Nope.

The totalitarian is amazed that the victims of her totalitarian policies aren't rejoicing at having her jackboot stomp on their neck. From her position, she sees lots of benefits from her totalitarianism because she gets what she wants and she gets to force people to do as she instructs them to do.

Who'd have thought that totalitarians like having their totalitarian orders followed?

And I'm pretty sure that you'd come down as a critic, likely a very harsh critic, of medieval-era Catholic Inquisitions and heresy trials. Look in the mirror.

:lmao:

:lmao:

Yes, it's hilarious when someone's agenda is forced on you without a democratic decision. Especially when it involves behaviors the majority doesn't want mainstreamed in their discreet communities.

Laugh hard. Get it all out of your system. Because when the SCOTUS reminds everyone what was said in Windsor, what was constitutionally-upheld in that Decision, your emoticon is going to look more like this one: :crybaby:

What faith is that?
A Christian faith, but the faith itself is irrelevant. According to the First Amendment, he should not be forced to give up his faith.

Truth here is that phobes who can't get it up and are scared they're gay are using a guy who died 2000 years ago as their excuse for hate. Hell, you guys don't believe in a god. All you believe in is controlling what others do.

" Hell, you guys don't believe in a god. All you believe in is controlling what others do."

Gee, who does that sound like in this case?

If the far left trash was given the freedom to take the right wing Christians to ovens, they would not hesitate.

Bullshit, this is a State case not federal, if it were federal the American Religious Freedom Act would support the baker, period, end of story.

Forum List

Back