🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

This issue, in my opinion, feels like an attack on any business owner who believes in the sanctity of traditional marriage. Why can't a person run his or her business in accordance with the beliefs and value judgments that person has? Our society has come a long way, but I feel we are blindly marching towards a black storm cloud. In a free society, all business owners should be allowed to run their businesses as they wish. On the other hand, all customers should be allowed to patron any business they wish, and leave if they do not like the way certain businesses are run. Instead, this man, Jack Phillips, is being forced—by our own government—to abandon our morals and beliefs if we want to be able to run our own business in America. Does anyone besides me find this to be yet another stone in the pathway to communism?

It's fascism. Now we're supposed to scrap our beliefs and morals to appease everyone. If you would, please tell me this: are Neo-Nazis afforded this same right, to go to a cake store run by a homosexual, and order a cake that viciously insults homosexuals? Is it true that turnabout is fair play, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander? Or will we see that this law only affects people, and not everyone as it should? If it's the latter, then hypocrisy abounds, and our nation is being destroyed—corrupted—from within.

It would be better if all business owners—homosexuals included—could choose who they wish to serve, and that customers may choose who they wish to patronize, or not to.

Segregationists and anti miscegenationists had to "abandon their faith" or their business when the CRA was passed. Racist bakers had to bake cake for those they didn't even consider full humans.

Until I can refuse to serve a Christian (Federal law prohibits it), he shouldn't be able to refuse to serve me.

Well ain't we a bitter old twat.

This issue, in my opinion, feels like an attack on any business owner who believes in the sanctity of traditional marriage. Why can't a person run his or her business in accordance with the beliefs and value judgments that person has? Our society has come a long way, but I feel we are blindly marching towards a black storm cloud. In a free society, all business owners should be allowed to run their businesses as they wish. On the other hand, all customers should be allowed to patron any business they wish, and leave if they do not like the way certain businesses are run. Instead, this man, Jack Phillips, is being forced—by our own government—to abandon our morals and beliefs if we want to be able to run our own business in America. Does anyone besides me find this to be yet another stone in the pathway to communism?

It's fascism. Now we're supposed to scrap our beliefs and morals to appease everyone. If you would, please tell me this: are Neo-Nazis afforded this same right, to go to a cake store run by a homosexual, and order a cake that viciously insults homosexuals? Is it true that turnabout is fair play, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander? Or will we see that this law only affects people, and not everyone as it should? If it's the latter, then hypocrisy abounds, and our nation is being destroyed—corrupted—from within.

It would be better if all business owners—homosexuals included—could choose who they wish to serve, and that customers may choose who they wish to patronize, or not to.

Segregationists and anti miscegenationists had to "abandon their faith" or their business when the CRA was passed. Racist bakers had to bake cake for those they didn't even consider full humans.

Until I can refuse to serve a Christian (Federal law prohibits it), he shouldn't be able to refuse to serve me.

:lol: Sure, if that makes you feel better. The CRA says I must serve the Christian. He should have to serve me too if that is the case don't you think?

:lol: Sure, if that makes you feel better. The CRA says I must serve the Christian. He should have to serve me too if that is the case don't you think?

1st, what part of your belief structure is offended by serving a christian, second, if you are talking about walking into a store and being able to buy something IDENTICAL to what another person is buying, how is that the same as forcing someone to make a cake for a specific event that is contrary to their religious beliefs?

1st, what part of your belief structure is offended by serving a christian, second, if you are talking about walking into a store and being able to buy something IDENTICAL to what another person is buying, how is that the same as forcing someone to make a cake for a specific event that is contrary to their religious beliefs?

It's my "deeply held belief" that I shouldn't have to serve Christians. That isn't good enough for you? I thought you subscribed to the "right to refuse service for any reason" adage. Were you lying?

Basically when Certiorari is denied by the SC, they don't give a reason. Unless you have some in at the court my explanation is just as valid as yours.

I didn't give any reasons, I talked about process.

One - the court rejected the case. That's what I said.

Two - State supreme court cases can be appealed to the SCOTUS without going through lower Federal courts. That's what I said.

>>>>

It's my "deeply held belief" that I shouldn't have to serve Christians. That isn't good enough for you? I thought you subscribed to the "right to refuse service for any reason" adage. Were you lying?

Nope, not lying. However your reason is obviously from malice and hatred. If we got rid of public accommodation laws, it would be fine, however in my version you would have to post who you want to exclude, and in what capacity, and that would probably put you out of business in a hurry.

Remember this isn't about walking in and buying the exact same item and walking out. This is about asking for a specific service for a specific event which happens to be against a person's belief system. There was no hatred on the part of the baker, he didn't go out of his way to prevent the wedding from happening, he just didn't want to bake a cake for it. Just like the photographer didn't want to attend a ceremony that was against their belief structure. No hate, no malice, just, "you should get someone else to do this"

The only hate and anger is coming from your side.

Basically when Certiorari is denied by the SC, they don't give a reason. Unless you have some in at the court my explanation is just as valid as yours.

I didn't give any reasons, I talked about process.

One - the court rejected the case. That's what I said.

Two - State supreme court cases can be appealed to the SCOTUS without going through lower Federal courts. That's what I said.

>>>>

From your post:

This was the process in the Elane Photography case, it went through the lower State Courts and the New Mexico Supreme Court, the NMSC decision was then appealed the the SCOTUS who rejected it on the merits - not on procedure.

You said plainly here they rejected it on merits, how are you sure of that?

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

If a Christian approached you for a business transaction but told you that in order to conduct business with him that you must renounce certain aspects of your personal beliefs would you comply?

If you had any qualms about providing a service to me for whatever reason, I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

I damn sure wouldn't go crying to nanny government, but that's the difference between myself and bed wetting libtards.

I don't piss my bed over anxiety about bullshit issues.

Nope, not lying. However your reason is obviously from malice and hatred. If we got rid of public accommodation laws, it would be fine, however in my version you would have to post who you want to exclude, and in what capacity, and that would probably put you out of business in a hurry.

Remember this isn't about walking in and buying the exact same item and walking out. This is about asking for a specific service for a specific event which happens to be against a person's belief system. There was no hatred on the part of the baker, he didn't go out of his way to prevent the wedding from happening, he just didn't want to bake a cake for it. Just like the photographer didn't want to attend a ceremony that was against their belief structure. No hate, no malice, just, "you should get someone else to do this"

No, it's about ordering an item that is advertised for sale and being told that it will not be sold to me because I'm gay. That's it. He would have to sell that cake to an interracial couple wouldn't he, regardless of what his faith decreed wouldn't he? Yes, he would.

So the Christian that doesn't want to serve me for his "deeply held beliefs" is not hateful, but I who would happily serve a Christian, but just don't want to be "forced" to do it by the government, I'm full of hate? Again, if that makes you feel better about your argument, go with it.

If you had any qualms about providing a service to me for whatever reason, I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

I damn sure wouldn't go crying to nanny government, but that's the difference between myself and bed wetting libtards.

Right...you don't seem to mind that Federal law prohibits me from refusing a Christian, but ya'll pitch a fit and fall into it when gays get the same protections as Christians. :lol:

Right...you don't seem to mind that Federal law prohibits me from refusing a Christian, but ya'll pitch a fit and fall into it when gays get the same protections as Christians. :lol:

All this discrimination law crap is full of hypocrisy.

No, it's about ordering an item that is advertised for sale and being told that it will not be sold to me because I'm gay. That's it. He would have to sell that cake to an interracial couple wouldn't he, regardless of what his faith decreed wouldn't he? Yes, he would.

So the Christian that doesn't want to serve me for his "deeply held beliefs" is not hateful, but I who would happily serve a Christian, but just don't want to be "forced" to do it by the government, I'm full of hate? Again, if that makes you feel better about your argument, go with it.

What is your reason for not wanting to serve a Christian? His reason for not making a specific item for a specific event is clear, its based on the biblical prohibitions on homosexual relations.

What is your reason for not wanting to serve a Christian? His reason for not making a specific item for a specific event is clear, its based on the biblical prohibitions on homosexual relations.

Oh...so now I have to have a reason. I thought only the government couldn't refuse service in your perfect world?

It's against my religion. Christians are unbelievers in his divine noodly appendages. I shouldn't have to serve such heathens...but Federal law requires it.

Sorry, but you would have to prove that. It's not so obvious.

Oh...so now I have to have a reason. I thought only the government couldn't refuse service in your perfect world?

It's against my religion. Christians are unbelievers in his divine noodly appendages. I shouldn't have to serve such heathens...but Federal law requires it.

He had a reason, why are you so afraid to state yours?

We know why, its because of bigotry and hate, all the things you claim YOU are against. Hypocrite.

the answer is quite simple. If someone comes into your business and you don't want to serve them, for whatever reason, just say "sorry, I am totally booked up and cannot take your order, maybe Harry down the street can".

Why would anyone want to give their business to someone who does not want it?

But, we all know what this is really about, now don't we? Its about government mandated societal acceptance via force of law, rather than the will of the people and individual freedom.

In this city of New Orleans there are many bars and clubs that do not want to serve white people, or gays, or hispanics. Why isn't that their right? I don't want to go to them, why would any gay or hispanic want to go where they were not wanted?

this whole gay agenda is bullshit.

Sorry, but you would have to prove that. It's not so obvious.

Its obvious to plenty of people in this thread.

Forum List

Back