Ban all air shows!

Sure must be thrilling to fly a fighter jet.
Unless you are in actual combat, pretty much like flying anything else, only it happens faster.

When you fly, things move slower the higher you are. There is a Zen to it.

For demonstration teams? Yeah. Thrilling AF. Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Snow Birds. These guys fly near, not at, the edge of the envelope.

Except for pass and review, they aren't as close as the images show.

Pass and Review, they are 18 inches from wingtip to wingtip. That will get you hard AF.

Liar. You can view it in the OP.

FUCK OFF, Dipshit. One thing I don't ever need to do is lie.

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 11.04.23 PM.png

Hey I've got a better idea, every year people die in recreational private plane crashes. Let's ban all recreational private planes! It's not worth it!

This B17 was destroyed. The last one. Great job, assholes.

Some more information;

Planes in Dallas WW II air show crash were from Houston, officials say​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link to duckduckgo search page;

No it was not the last one. There's a handful that are currently flying, but there's another 40 or so that are still intact.
Calm down, you're embarrassing yourself.

Not quite Sherlock.
One of only several still airworthy and being flown.
Scores still on static display.
Wiki already has this one listed in "wrecks" section.

growing up at ft bragg and pope air force base.....i dont do air shows....i will not go to the actual field the event is going on at but will watch from a distance...one might be surprised at the number of accidental deaths in daily maneuvers

Let's ban all recreational private planes! It's not worth it!

You may or may not have meant that as a joke. But, there are people who are doing exactly that.

There are people who will plant trees on public land at the end of GA airstrips ... outside of airport property knowing that they will eventually interfere with airfield operations. Believe it or not, this isn't illegal.

There are people who buy home in areas known to have GA airports and then lobby their local legislators hard over the noise and safety issues caused by the GA airfield.

The most egregious example of this, isn't here, but in Australia. Point Cook Airfield, previously RAAF Point Cook, built in 1912, is the oldest continually operating military airfield in the world. Home of the USAAF 43 and 403 Heavy Bomber Groups during World War II, it is the airfield where Harry Houdini (the magician) flew when he crossed the Bass Strait between the Australian Mainland and Tasmania.

There wasn't a single home within 5 miles of this airfield for nearly a century. Then, in the 1990's, a few housing developments went in around the airfield and immediately started a campaign to close the airfield, that had been there for near 100 years. because of noise and safety concerns.

odd you should mention that...elk river club..rich people has a private air strip...tester dump yard is at the end of the strip ...they have tried to buy them out forever but the testers wont sell....old man tester got pissed at the rich people and parked a large damn crane at end of strip making it hard to do much....the rich people now give the testers so much a year to not put the crane back the testers had lived there forever....has house at end of air strip

They used to have demolition derbies when I grew up. Until one day someone asked why they were doing this. Nobody could come up with a good reason.

Nothing says worthless like seeing a state of the art plane or restored vintage aircraft....from 15,000 feet away!!!! I'm not sure about a ban. But someone should be asking "why".

Are you on some sort of mind-altering chemicals?

I'm sure the people in those planes were having a blast ast they hurtled toward death.

You are subhuman.

This was in my email in box. From yesterday but only checked just recently.;

Dear members and supporters of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF),

I wanted to share with you the news of a tragic accident that happened earlier today. On Saturday, Nov 12, at approximately 1:20 p.m. CST, two CAF aircraft were involved in a mid-air collision at Dallas Executive Airport during the CAF’s Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow.

The aircraft involved were our B-17 Flying Fortress Texas Raiders N7227C and our P-63 Kingcobra N6763, both based out of the Houston area.

The B-17 operates with a flight crew of 4-5 individuals, and the P-63 operates with a single crew member. At this time, we are not able to provide the identity or any personal information about the aircrew involved.

The Commemorative Air Force is working closely with local and national authorities who are investigating this accident. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident. Currently, no additional information is available.

We will continue to share information with you as we are able. It is always difficult to share news like this, however you are part of our aviation family. It is important that we support one another in times like this.

Hank Coates
President/CEO

Forum List

Back