Ban charcoal cleansing masks

You probably don't want to be dealing with weeks old corpses without them. Just sayin'

The posts are obviously tongue-in-cheek, they're so over the top. They're using hashtags "#staywoke", and "#blacklivesmatter". :lol:

Well, one guy found this photo offensive:

2511f076-7ce0-44ab-a1a0-fac8098158b2-blackface_photo.jpg

So much so that he felt he had to speak to management of the restaurant in which it hangs.

Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface

A few weeks ago, I attended a holiday party at a downtown Phoenix restaurant. I walked around to view the photographs on the wall.

Then a photograph caught my attention.

Friends said, “It’s coal miners at a pub after work.” It was a photograph of coal miners with blackened faces. I asked a Latinx and white woman for their opinion. They said it looked like coal miners at a pub after work. Then they stepped back, frowned and said it’s men in blackface.

I asked the waitress to speak with a manager. Instead, I spoke with a white restaurant owner. I explained to him why the photograph was offensive....

While leaving, I asked him had he spoke with the other owners. He had not spoken with them, but mentioned Google said it's coal miners after work.

Fact: The photograph shows coal miners’ faces covered in soot. The context of the photograph is not the issue...

So, is it offensive? Is it only offensive to someone looking to be offended? I would argue the latter. But what do I know?

Oh my. A couple of people on Twitter are complaining about facial masks. They need to quit that, and get back to serious use of twitter, like complaining that Wendy's chicken nuggets suck, or the last Lassie was really a boy.

You know, although there are things that I do think are offensive because of their racist overtones through the years, people who are offended over this mask are simply just looking for something to be offended over so they can bend others to their will.

But then again, there are those on the right that are doing the same thing.

Here's a suggestion................how about looking at what something actually IS, rather than what you think it is.

After all.................didn't Freud once say............"sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Forum List

Back