Bank pay control, UNBELIEVABLE

Its seems that the consensus of the mob is that because the government, with taxpayer dollars, lent the money to these banks, the government has the authority to tell these banks how to run its business.

So how about in cases where the government gives money to people? Don't we have "the right" to tell people on welfare how to spend their money that we give them? How many TVs they can own? How much they can spend on clothes?

Where is the line drawn?
If you make too much money the government stops giving it to you.

oh raly? they gave it to some banks over their objections.

Now the banks objected to being given money? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fed proposes to police bank pay for 1st time - Yahoo! News

By what authority does the Federal Government think it has to dictate pay to private institutions?
Quick, succinct answer: Every right. Because the stupid sons of bitches AGREED to it to GET the bailouts!

See? That makes it the IDIOTS who took the bailout money stupid, not the Government in this case.

In this one case.

NO! NO! NO! There were NO STRINGS ATTACHED! (Willow Tree says so)

Who would hire executives who presided over the smashup of their own companies' liquid profitability?

Other idiots?

yeah,, obamalama hired Bernanke :cuckoo:

Then you agree that the executives are idiot.

I Bernancke was hired by Bush to clean up Greenspan's stupidity. And Obama did the right thing to keep him on.

Willow, please, pay attention.

NO! NO! NO! It's all Obama's fault. He FORCED those executives to take the money! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

By what authority does the Federal Government think it has to dictate pay to private institutions? Someone provide me with a link to the clause in the Constitution that permits this.

This crap is unbelievable. And the left will all harp how it is just the right thing to do.

Private institutions, holding PUBLIC money?

Money INSURED by the Federal government???

Think of it as "Welfare reform" for bankers...

YOU tell us. You started off in post #9 assuring us that there were NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

But, we know you want to dodge any responsibility for your own initial statements. And I can totally understand that. :lol::lol::lol:

and you said I was wrong so I am confident you can prove me wrong by producing the contracts. Am I right? :eusa_whistle:

Well, we can start by pointing out that I charge for doing research for those too lazy to do their own. PM me and I will send you my PayPal acct information. $200 for the first 5 minutes of research and $100 for every half hour after that.

I await your lazy ass business.

so you cannot prove what ya spew! We got it. TIA bodunk.

Who would hire executives who presided over the smashup of their own companies' liquid profitability?

Other idiots?

yeah,, obamalama hired Bernanke :cuckoo:

Then you agree that the executives are idiot.

I Bernancke was hired by Bush to clean up Greenspan's stupidity. And Obama did the right thing to keep him on.

Willow, please, pay attention.

I do. obammy rehired him when he could have gotten rid of hymn.. the architect of the disaster is trying to heel it??? :lol: fuck a duck.

I don't know who fucked up. There were no strings and it was the main bitch from democrats as in why can't we bail out detroit we bailed out the banks and wall street with no strings attached.
You can disbelieve the wiki link...but it is factual. There are strings and there have been all along.

newp! did you listen to Mr. Ed tonight? There were no strings

There's a source for you. :lol::lol::lol:

and you said I was wrong so I am confident you can prove me wrong by producing the contracts. Am I right? :eusa_whistle:

Well, we can start by pointing out that I charge for doing research for those too lazy to do their own. PM me and I will send you my PayPal acct information. $200 for the first 5 minutes of research and $100 for every half hour after that.

My Paypal acct. awaits your lazy ass.

By what authority does the Federal Government think it has to dictate pay to private institutions? Someone provide me with a link to the clause in the Constitution that permits this.

This crap is unbelievable. And the left will all harp how it is just the right thing to do.

What they shoulda done is NOT bail them out......

That I agree with. But now that they have, they get to call the tune.

My Paypal acct. awaits your lazy ass.

shows just how stupid you bee.

yes NOW they call the tune, but not then! now you got the picture.

But when will the piper lead them to reason?

Whether we like it or not WE the US has substantial ownership in these companies. The government outright controls 2 divisions in AIG and has substantial preferred stock in the rest of the company. The other bailouts were leveraged using preferred stock which confers special rights as spelled out in the stock agreement.

The owners of a company trump the rights of mgmt. As owners we have every right to demand pay equity in line with the companies obligations to those who saved their sorry asses. Which happens to be us.

They have a major debt burden. Common sense would dictate that they get their financial house in order before paying a dime of bonus to anyone. They are poor performers or they wouldn't be where they are at. You don't financially incentivize that. Bonuses should be restricted to those who can expeditiously reduce the debt.

Forum List

Back