Barak: US plans 'surgical strike' if Iran sanctions fail

Turkey, Brazil seal deal on Iran nuclear fuel swap | Reuters

Full details of the agreement were not immediately released by Turkish and Brazilian officials mediating in Iran's dispute with leading world powers, who suspect Tehran of covertly developing a nuclear bomb.

Turkey's foreign ministry said a formal announcement might be made on Monday after any final revisions by the Brazilian and Iranian presidents and the Turkish prime minister.

"Yes, it has been reached after almost 18 hours of negotiations," Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told reporters in Tehran when asked if there would be an agreement.

Brazil-Turkey Deal with Iran Undermines Big Power Politics by Thalif Deen -- Antiwar.com

When Brazil and Turkey clinched a deal with Iran over its disputed nuclear program last weekend, the two non-permanent members of the Security Council not only challenged the unbridled political power exercised by the five big powers but also jeopardized U.S. plans for a unanimous resolution imposing sanctions against Tehran.

As a result, the 15-member Security Council now remains split, with at least two countries — and possibly more — lined up against a U.S.-inspired resolution against Iran.

Norman Solomon, executive director of the Institute for Public Accuracy, told IPS that rather than wisely encouraging Turkey and Brazil to pursue their new diplomatic efforts with Iran, the U.S. government is spurning those constructive efforts.

"Washington is failing to affirm the enormous positive potential of the kind of diplomacy that Turkey and Brazil are offering," he said.

I do worry we're going to be dragged into something and that people will be afraid to resist because then they'll be labelled "anti-Semitic". The quote above is notable in that Barak says it's not a binary situation, but then he presents the options in a binary either/or format! :eusa_eh:

No one should be afraid for being labeled anti Semitic, this isn't about Jewish people, lots of Jewish people out there have great reports on why this would be a bad idea, Jewish people stand with us too concerning this war, it will make everything worse for America and Israel. Radicals will triple in amount in the Middle East and Israel would be attacked everyday. This is a wrong war, not to mention what should be mentioned are the innocent civilians in Iran and Palestinians most likely will also be killed in a multi front war like this.

I worry about it, because when the vote came up about whether to invade Iraq, even people like Hillary Clinton and John Kerry were afraid of being labelled "unpatriotic".

I do understand your concern about our politicians, they are afraid. But the only way that will change is if the people stand up and demand answers. If the military does to ahead and attack Iran, we should all protest at the White House 24/7 adjust like the Egyptians, full the streets, yell in anger, so they actually get the message this time. And we should not be fearful at all. People need to understand this would be what he have to resort to. It's for justice.

My bet is that he accepts Iran as a nuclear partner...probably send them some stealth bombers to make things more fair.

Why not? Do you honestly think Iran will just fire nukes all over the place and have their country decimated? No, of course not. They are smart people and a huge, another middle eastern war will be a disaster. Many ex generals in the US military have stated this shouldn't be solved militarily. You remember when Iran agreed to Turkey and Brazil to do almost exactly what the West demanded Iran to do, Iran agreed to a deal with Turkey, the next day the US said Turkey undermined our efforts, you know what that tells me? That we don't want peace.

Most of the people are but the leaders are religious nutjobs:cuckoo:

My bet is that he accepts Iran as a nuclear partner...probably send them some stealth bombers to make things more fair.

Why not? Do you honestly think Iran will just fire nukes all over the place and have their country decimated? No, of course not. They are smart people and a huge, another middle eastern war will be a disaster. Many ex generals in the US military have stated this shouldn't be solved militarily. You remember when Iran agreed to Turkey and Brazil to do almost exactly what the West demanded Iran to do, Iran agreed to a deal with Turkey, the next day the US said Turkey undermined our efforts, you know what that tells me? That we don't want peace.

No they aren't, and not to mention, Israeli leaders who are nothing but religious nutjobs. They name operations after bible verses and they think they have a full right to all of the land for their Jewish identity. Even though most are fake Khazars.

Who taught you that propaganda line to try to justify a war, btw? That idea doesn't work anymore, same thing they said about Iraq......you people just don't get it.

No they aren't, and not to mention, Israeli leaders who are nothing but religious nutjobs. They name operations after bible verses and they think they have a full right to all of the land for their Jewish identity. Even though most are fake Khazars.

Who taught you that propaganda line to try to justify a war, btw? That idea doesn't work anymore, same thing they said about Iraq......you people just don't get it.

Israel has a secular government, Iran has a religous nutjob government which kills it's own people in the streets

Israel has a secular government, Iran has a religous nutjob government which kills it's own people in the streets

Secular? Really? The Likud is secular....Ha Ha Ha! Israel kills their people who support peace, like Yitzhak Rabin. The Iranian government may not be great, and I love how you don't mention all the people who do support the government, though. That's still not a justification of a war, the US government also jails people who don't submit and they end up committing suicide, like Aaron Swartz. You're a joke, your arguments a joke. Pointing fingers at others while ignoring the problems in our country.

obamination is never going to attack Iran, never.

He has no balls to do it and he doesn't want to be called Bush II by the left-wing kooks for another war in the middle east.

He picked Hagel on purpose to reign in the DoD to doing nothing against Iran, even drawing back our forces we have put in place in the region so nothing can happen. If the police aren't in the ghetto....they can't get into a gun battle with the criminals.

Hagel even opposes sanctions on Iran, so Hagel and obamination will be responsible for a nuclear Iran that someday might nuke Israel, their arab neighbors or give nukes to islamic terrorists to blow up some American city.....but don't worry, it will all be blamed on Buuuuuuuuuuuuush.

Secular? Really? The Likud is secular....Ha Ha Ha! Israel kills their people who support peace, like Yitzhak Rabin. The Iranian government may not be great, and I love how you don't mention all the people who do support the government, though. That's still not a justification of a war, the US government also jails people who don't submit and they end up committing suicide, like Aaron Swartz. You're a joke, your arguments a joke. Pointing fingers at others while ignoring the problems in our country.

You're delusional Rabin was assassinated by an individual not the government of Israel you’re a loon :cuckoo:

He has no balls to do it and he doesn't want to be called Bush II by the left-wing kooks for another war in the middle east.

He picked Hagel on purpose to reign in the DoD to doing nothing against Iran, even drawing back our forces we have put in place in the region so nothing can happen. If the police aren't in the ghetto....they can't get into a gun battle with the criminals.

Hagel even opposes sanctions on Iran, so Hagel and obamination will be responsible for a nuclear Iran that someday might nuke Israel, their arab neighbors or give nukes to islamic terrorists to blow up some American city.....but don't worry, it will all be blamed on Buuuuuuuuuuuuush.

You have too much conspiracy, and it isn't about being tough, we are talking about people being killed in massive numbers. I've witnessed war, it's not a normal thing. And anyone that urges war on a country because that country doesn't want to submit to their rules is a coward. We will oppose them.

The word "surgical" is a slick word meaning Americans will use video game technology with flying bombs and not be in danger while killing civilians. As long as there is a democrat in the WH it's fine with the media and the rabble who used to demonstrate against republican administrations for doing the same thing.

You're delusional Rabin was assassinated by an individual not the government of Israel you’re a loon :cuckoo:

And I'm sure the IDF had no clue about it. Just like they didn't have a clue about the Goldstein shooter even thought security guards are guarding the area. The witnesses sure saw how they let him in.......:cool:

And I'm sure the IDF had no clue about it. Just like they didn't have a clue about the Goldstein shooter even thought security guards are guarding the area. The witnesses sure saw how they let him in.......:cool:

I'm sure:cuckoo:

Don't even compare your military career to my military career where I have my fingerprints on this issue.

You have no clue what you are babbling about.

Idiots like you feel letting Iran have nukes is a safer option than attacking them to stop them from getting nukes. When they get nukes....they will dictate what happens in the middle east and most likely use them against Israel to bring about their crazy ass religious views of some missing Imam.

You have too much conspiracy, and it isn't about being tough, we are talking about people being killed in massive numbers. I've witnessed war, it's not a normal thing. And anyone that urges war on a country because that country doesn't want to submit to their rules is a coward. We will oppose them.

The word "surgical" is a slick word meaning Americans will use video game technology with flying bombs and not be in danger while killing civilians. As long as there is a democrat in the WH it's fine with the media and the rabble who used to demonstrate against republican administrations for doing the same thing.

Both sides are wrong regarding foreign policy. I never liked our foreign policy and the use of drones I condemn the administration in the strongest terms. Just like I condemned the Bush administration of their war crimes in those two wars. It's absolutely wrong how they approach war and purvey violence. And I'm glad the UN will have an inquiry into these drone crimes committed by Israel, the United States and another country I can't remember. They need to end these double tap strikes that murder first responders. How can a country claim to be humane while committing those crimes? Double tap strikes? Seriously? What credibility do they have to claim they are humane actions.

Don't even compare your military career to my military career where I have my fingerprints on this issue.

Idiots like you feel letting Iran have nukes is a safer option than attacking them to stop them from getting nukes. When they get nukes....they will dictate what happens in the middle east and most likely use them against Israel to bring about their crazy ass religious views of some missing Imam.

Regardless of your military career, which really means nothing rather than being a puppet of corporations. You're still a dumbass.

Barak: US plans 'surgical strike' if Iran sanctions fail - Israel News, Ynetnews

In an interview with the Daily Beast, which was published over the weekend, the defense minister was asked if there were any way Israel could go to war with Iran that did not drag in the US.

"I don't see it as a binary kind of situation: either they (the Iranians) turn nuclear or we have a fully fledged war the size of the Iraqi war or even the war in Afghanistan," Barak told the American news website.

When are Americans gonna stand up to this shit and stop fighting Israel's wars? Could it be any more clear? I have friends in the Marines who actually think they will be deployed to Iran this year and they actually believe they have an objective, unfortunately they were brainwashed by the media to think its their war. This stuff is sickening. If it really was about nuclear weapons, what about North Korea? And Pakistan? Or does it have something to do with interests? .....hmm...you think about it.

Barack Obama is a war mongering animal who can't wait to line the pockets of his pals in the industrial war machine. Then, after we over throw every land in the world, he will line the pockets of his pals in the "green energy" fallacy industry by converting everyone to a failed technology and then just demanding no one use more than an hour of energy per day through oppressive regulation.

He unconstitutionally sent people into Egypt. He unconstitutionally sent people into Pakistan (not to mention violating international law on this one). He unconstitutionally sent people into Libya (where he committed further illegal acts by providing arms to Al Qaeda). And he unconstitutionally targets American citizens for assassination with no due process. And lets not even get into his obsession with using drones all over the world, including in America.

This person wasn't in the military…. Just some kid who visits Gaza occasionally

4 years from now you will realize you are a stupid pile of shit and that you should follow people like me.

Oh, I forgot you are the enemy.....we will get you.

Regardless of your military career, which really means nothing rather than being a puppet of corporations. You're still a dumbass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back