Barbara Boxer Retiring

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Good riddance. Having that woman in the Senate is like having the crazies run the asylum.

California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, a tenacious liberal whose election to the Senate in 1992 heralded a new era for women at the upper reaches of political power, announced Thursday she will not seek re-election to a new term next year.

Boxer's retirement sets off a free-for-all among a new generation of California Democrats, who have been ascendant in the state for decades with few offices to aspire to while Boxer and Sen. Dianne Feinstein have held a lock on the state's U.S. Senate seats.

A staunch supporter of abortion rights, gun control and environmental protections, Boxer has said she is most proud of the vote that she cast against the war in Iraq.

The 74-year-old Boxer made the announcement in an unusual video in which she answered questions posed by her grandson, Zach Rodham. "I am never going to retire. The work is too important. But I will not be running for the Senate in 2016," Boxer said.

California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer to Retire - ABC News

Good riddance. Clear out the nest of crazy bitches from California and this country would be better off.

This event begs the question.....will Pelosi follow her example? :biggrin:

Good riddance. Clear out the nest of crazy bitches from California and this country would be better off.
Pompous bitch. Reminds me of a Greek president, Sartzekakis, who once told a reporter not to call him sir, but Mr President. He looked an awful lot like Peter Sellers btw.

Notice how the Conservatives call Democratic women senators bitches.

Way to win over the women vote!

But- hey- at least you didn't call them 'c*nts'.

Notice how the Conservatives call Democratic women senators bitches.

Way to win over the women vote!

But- hey- at least you didn't call them 'c*nts'.

hummhumm, one person did so that means ALL CONSERVATIVES. Do you have anything of value to add? ever?

That is not the outreach we used last election to increase the female vote.

I would love to see CA State Senator Mark Leno make a run for her seat in 2016...

It's a safe D seat. Her successor will be a good Democrat from a pretty darned blue state. There are a number of good Representatives there who will likely throw their hats into the ring.

More than likely. The Democrats have a very deep bench, the Republicans not so much.

It's a safe D seat. Her successor will be a good Democrat from a pretty darned blue state. There are a number of good Representatives there who will likely throw their hats into the ring.

More than likely. The Democrats have a very deep bench, the Republicans not so much.

Not participating in this thread due to you snubbing my thread in your honor in the FZ.

It still hurts...

:(

I find it a little funny, and a little pathetic, that everyone is celebrating this. Hey, the people of her state elected her. She is the person they wanted for their US Senator. It was their decision, and it was their right to choose as such.

So now she's retiring. So what? She's just going to be replaced with an equally batshit crazy liberal by the same people who chose Boxer over and over again.

Forum List

Back