Baseball bat or gun...Simon Cowell only has the bat, they will have guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Simon Cowell bought a baseball bat to defend his family after his mansion was broken into by robbers........that is soooooo cute. When they point the gun at his head....how effective will that bat be?

Cowell bought baseball bat to protect London mansion after burglary

"What really got to me though was that this guy was walking about in my house when Eric was fast asleep - it doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened if he had gone into his bedroom, and found him.

Simon Cowell bought a baseball bat to defend his family after his mansion was broken into by robbers........that is soooooo cute. When they point the gun at his head....how effective will that bat be?

"What really got to me though was that this guy was walking about in my house when Eric was fast asleep - it doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened if he had gone into his bedroom, and found him.

He should call for the police, no need for a gun, just tell criminals that you have called the police and they should sit peacefully till they arrive, see this way no one gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously if one of them had a gun, he would have beat feet towards the guy and in the blink of an eye... used the bat to beat the gun from the bad guys hand.

What's amusing is if he actually hits someone with that bat he could be charged with a crime! I am guessing he doesn't understand that in the UK he has no Right to defend himself.

What's amusing is if he actually hits someone with that bat he could be charged with a crime! I am guessing he doesn't understand that in the UK he has no Right to defend himself.

To that point.......

An Englishman's home is his dungeon

Various reassuring types, from police spokesmen to the Economist, described the stabbing of the Moncktons as a "burglary gone wrong". If only more burglaries could go right, they imply, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

But the trouble is that this kind of burglary - the kind most likely to go "wrong" - is now the norm in Britain. In America, it's called a "hot" burglary - a burglary that takes place when the homeowners are present - or a "home invasion", which is a much more accurate term.

Just over 10 per cent of US burglaries are "hot" burglaries, and in my part of the world it's statistically insignificant: there is virtually zero chance of a New Hampshire home being broken into while the family are present. But in England and Wales it's more than 50 per cent and climbing. Which is hardly surprising given the police's petty, well-publicised pursuit of those citizens who have the impertinence to resist criminals.

These days, even as he or she is being clobbered, the more thoughtful British subject is usually keeping an eye (the one that hasn't been poked out) on potential liability.

Four years ago, Shirley Best, proprietor of the Rolander Fashion emporium, whose clients include Zara Phillips, was ironing some clothes when the proverbial two youths showed up. They pressed the hot iron into her flesh, burning her badly, and then stole her watch. "I was frightened to defend myself," said Miss Best. "I thought if I did anything I would be arrested." There speaks the modern British crime victim.

Instead of a baseball bat...maybe he should keep "Go Bag" on hand all the time.....a bag filled with cash that he can simply surrender to criminals who break into his home.....

anyone have an idea how much should be in the bag to encourage the bad guys to grab the bag and go? Versus sticking around and raping the wife and torturing the family?

Would 5 grand do it? 10? 15?

And this is what can happen in Britain...and these people didn't even have a gun to make the bad guys angry....

Wealthy retired couple tortured by burglars who forced wife to walk on broken glass in £20,000 raid

wealthy couple were tortured by "Swat team" burglars who forced the wife to walk on broken glass before breaking one of her toes with a sledgehammer while stealing £20,000 of gold and jewels.

Professional burglars John McCarthy, 35, and Richard Leslie, 37, were branded "every householder's worst nightmare" after playing leading roles in the gang that terrorised the vulnerable pensioners for four hours during a night-time raid.

--------

During their ordeal, the couple, aged in their 70s, were bound with tape, beaten, threatened and locked in a utility room.

The burglars hit the 77-year-old man with a chair and forced his 75-year-old wife to walk barefoot on glass, having discarded her slippers.

One of the burglars threatened to cut off the wife's fingers and ear with a pair of shears if gold, cash and Rolex watches were not produced.

She also needed extensive dental treatment because of the beating to her face. Her husband was stuck with pins "many times" to extort more valuables, the court heard.

During the attack, one of the armed intruders boasted: "This is what we do for a living."

They made off with Chinese ornaments in 24 carat gold, jewellery, silver commemorative coins featuring Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher, gold bars, a custom-made Seiko watch as well as thousands of pounds and Hong Kong dollars in cash.
============

Forum List

Back