Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

Because you say so? LMAO

If you think taxpayers or landlords are going to subsidize your rent because of your incessant whining, a tent is where you are going to end up. Now twist yourself into another pretzel pretending you don't understand common English. Moron.

Does it hurt when you twist yourself up in a pretzel and misconstrue a statement? Run along, you're nothing more than a common degenerate lying democrat and that post ^^^ proves it.
Because everybody KNOWS so (including you).

I didn't say anything about anybody subsidizing my rent, Where did you come up with that from ?

The real Democrats in this forum would get a blast out of you calling me a Democrat. HA. Hey, maybe YOU are a Democrat, by the way you have lined yourself up against the business community. 😐 :biggrin:

Highway robbery, grand larceny, total rip-off, plunder, pillaging, sacking, looting............all of the above.
I must say that in Tampa, many snow birds ended up moving there, thus "Supply and Demand" have caused higher prices, that people are willing to pay.

More than 9,000 additional people moved into the area than out during the first two months of 2022, Redfin found, compared to about 6,000 during the same period a year ago.
Email: [email protected]

Tampa is No. 3 on list of U.S. cities where people want to move

www.tampabay.com/news/business/2022/03/24/tampa-is-no-3-on-list-of-us-citie…

:puhleeze: I find it amazing that anyone would have the audacity and foolishness to come into a forum thread, and try to dump the BS you're giving us here.

Just because you allow yourself to be DUPED into this age-old crap, total bullshit of expenses causing $1000/month rent increases doesn't mean all the rest of us are stupid enough to swallow that. That might fly for 2010 or 2015, but 2024 ? NO! Not with THESE kind of rent increases. And I'm an ex-New Yorker from the big city. We don't snow easily. 😐
You are living in the top 10 hottest housing markets in the country and crying about rents increasing? That's retarded. Welcome to the real world.

What i am saying is you are going to have to suffer a little while longer, and hope the 2024 election doesnt get stolen like it did in 2020. With a new President, he will get energy prices down, which food prices will follow, and then other goods and services will follow.
Oh, no doubt Trump will fix the inflation of gas prices and food. I'm not so sure about new home sales and housing rents though. We can hope.
In any case, 'm rooting for Trump. I can't stand Biden, Obama, Harris, and the whole rat pack of them.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

thats sounds very fascist to me,,

Because everybody KNOWS so (including you).

I didn't say anything about anybody subsidizing my rent, Where did you come up with that from ?

The real Democrats in this forum would get a blast out of you calling me a Democrat. HA. Hey, maybe YOU are a Democrat, by the way you have lined yourself up against the business community. 😐 :biggrin:
Rent control is subsidized rent. The landlord is subsidizing you at his expense. You keep speaking like you speak for the business community. Linkie to where they made you their spokesperson? You are a democrat, and a whiny NYer, no one whines better. YOU are part of the problem in FL.

I must say that in Tampa, many snow birds ended up moving there, thus "Supply and Demand" have caused higher prices, that people are willing to pay.

More than 9,000 additional people moved into the area than out during the first two months of 2022, Redfin found, compared to about 6,000 during the same period a year ago.
Email: [email protected]

Tampa is No. 3 on list of U.S. cities where people want to move

www.tampabay.com/news/business/2022/03/24/tampa-is-no-3-on-list-of-us-citie…
Yeah, this doesnt help the housing rent situation + there was also swarms of Biden's illegal aliens who got flown in here. I hope they're not still coming in.

Trump MUST reciprocate with his own rent cap law. I would hate to see Biden steal the election (legally), just by advocating a very popular (and needed) reform.

Also, if Trump is to show that he s a man of the people, and a protector of business interests, he will have to parallel Biden on this issue.
Trump has never even had to shop/ buy a quart of milk for him self, much less do anything to help regular working folks. get real!

Oh, no doubt Trump will fix the inflation of gas prices and food. I'm not so sure about new home sales and housing rents though. We can hope.
In any case, 'm rooting for Trump. I can't stand Biden, Obama, Harris, and the whole rat pack of them.
If everyone is doing better, then people will start moving around the United States again, because they will have more expendable money to work with.

Trump has never even had to shop/ buy a quart of milk for him self, much less do anything to help regular working folks. get real!
So why would a billionaire like Donald Trump take a very large pay cut in working for the United States, while Joe Bribem was selling out the United States to China, Russia and Iran, so he and Joe Bribem's family could make millions? You really must be a retard to think otherwise.

THIS is "real" >>>

TRUMP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1. RECORD positive numbers on the economy, record highs in stock market, despite Covid shutdowns
2. stopped the absurd practice of giving China unrestricted access to our valuable market, and reduced the amount of imports coming from China.
3. holding China accountable for cyber theft,
4. taking Mexico and Central American countries to task for illegal immigration,
5. created 10 million jobs in 4 months, created over 400,000 manufacturing jobs,
6. unemployment claims hit 50 year low,
7. lowest unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and disabled in US history, 8.lowest unemployment for women in over 70 years,
9. lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma,
10. 4 million Americans off food stamps,
11. vocational training topped 4 million - highest ever,
12. highest median wage in US history .
13. Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE,
14. FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. > drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases,
15. reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars,
16. Signed Right-To-Try legislation,
17. $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic (the most ever),
18. Signed VA Accountability Act,
19. expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care (I got surgeries and benefits from this myself),
20. United States was a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957,
21. withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord,
22. pressured NATO allies, and they're spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016,
23. made the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces,
24. withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal, 25. moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem,
25. protected Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court, 26. issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay,
27. MCA deal,
28. reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports
29. greatest number of heavily attended rallies in US history
30. net exports increased $59 Billion in 2018,
31. improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement,
32. we were BUILDING THE WALL.
33. provided quality detention centers for migrant children in Southwest Key Programs
34. created 8,700 Opportunity Zones with investment incentives for companies to invest in distressed communities
35. Got Israel/UAE/Bahrain aggreement (the Abraham Accord), establishing Middle East peace
36. Defeated ISIS and killed their leaders incl. # 1 al Baghdadi.
37. Killed Iranian terrorist leader Sulemani.
38. Stopped domestic terrorist mobs by sending federal troops & National Guard
39. record of number of regulations cut, further boosting the economy
40. opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines thereby making America # 1 energy producer in the world (no other president ever did that),
41. rebuilt the US military to a $721 Billion/yr budget
42. increased wages for military personnel
43. Through the COVID pandemic, our Covid mortality rate was REDUCED from over 17,000/week in April. to about 2000/week in June. and remained very low throughout the year, as a result of the many smart things that the president has done. 90% REDUCTION. > HUGE SUCCESS.
44. Massive production of Ventilators - These were left in short supply after the Obama/Biden admin (we now have so many we're exporting them),
45. the Navy hospital ships sent to New York,
46. the stimulus checks,
47. The Task Force advice (ex. social distancing),
48. opposition/criticism of New York's dumb nursing home policies,
49. federal aid to hospitals, rapidly expanding production & distribution of medical supplies
50. travel bans (which Democrats called Trump a "racist' for),
51. Trump's advocacy of Hydroxychloriquin (now proven to be effective, despite criticism from Democrats), and Regeneron.
52. fast, continual development of a vaccine, and rapid success of Operation Warp Speed.
53. Created & signed the MISSION ACT, replacing the failed Obama Choice Act
54. Presided over the largest GDP growth (35.2%) in US history.
55. Got $ 250 Million/year to black colleges.
56. Left office with 1.4% inflation rate. Less than 3% his entire 4 years,

Yeah. It is fascist the way they boost the rents way up, and nobody can stop them.
you obviously dont know what fascism is or how it works,,

when the government dictates how private businesses price their goods or services is called fascism,,

a private person or company deciding what they will charge for their products or services is called freedom,,

youre a fascist and dont even know it,,

If everyone is doing better, then people will start moving around the United States again, because they will have more expendable money to work with.
I hope that doesn't mean more people moving here (Tampa, Florida). Our traffic is congested enough now as it is. Stores are crowded too - especially Walmart.

you obviously dont know what fascism is or how it works,,

when the government dictates how private businesses price their goods or services is called fascism,,

a private person or company deciding what they will charge for their products or services is called freedom,,

youre a fascist and dont even know it,,
You are a fool, and don't even know it.

You see what my display name is ? Well, that is what government's #1 function is. To PROTECT the people, And as a few posters have agreed with me here, the people need protection from rent gouging landlords more than anything right now.

Have you read through this thread, or are you just jumping in here cold now ? Do you know what has been said in this thread ?
Sam Ash Music ? Walgreens ?

Maybe a rent cap wouldn't sound so fascist to you if you were one of the thousands of Sam Ash employees who worked there for 20 years, and just lost their job. Ditto with Walgreens. Ditto with people forced out of their homes, and having to find a new place to live.

There's a lot more going on here, than you seem to be taking any notice of.

Especially when they are given free rent by the government of Joe Bribem, while you and I have to pay the rent and taxes to support them.
They are getting more than that. In New York, those sanctuary idiots are giving them prepaid credit cards.

You are a fool, and don't even know it.

You see what my display name is ? Well, that is what government's #1 function is. To PROTECT the people, And as a few posters have agreed with me here, the people need protection from rent gouging landlords more than anything right now.

Have you read through this thread, or are you just jumping in here cold now ? Do you know what has been said in this thread ?
Sam Ash Music ? Walgreens ?

Maybe a rent cap wouldn't sound so fascist to you if you were one of the thousands of Sam Ash employees who worked there for 20 years, and just lost their job. Ditto with Walgreens. Ditto with people forced out of their homes, and having to find a new place to live.

There's a lot more going on here, than you seem to be taking any notice of.
so youre an idiot too,,

their job is to protect our rights not our personal business,,

and how does this protect the property owner thats having to cover expenses beyond what the rent will pay for??

what you want is a free or easy ride off of other people efforts

Forum List

Back