Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

Wow, Maybe you do and a shrink. Yes, I posted pictures of the wonderful rent controlled neighborhoods in NYC that are still in business after more than 75 years. SO ??? :yourpointsmile:

I have never been lying, what makes you think I might have been ? :rolleyes:

DUDE, I haven't contradicted myself in any way. There you go making things up again, Like a good Democrat. HA HA.

Maybe you need this explained, is that it ? In Post $ 408, I said >> "Most New York apartments are not controlled",,,,,,SO ???

Do you know what the word "MOST" means ? It means MORE THAN HALF. That could be 51%. And do you know what the population of New York City is ? It is 8.8 Million. So if 51 % of them were not rent controlled, that leaves 4.3 million that ARE rent contro
Doooood, I am just repeating what you posted. You said in 182 that they were still in business and you said in 408,
I dont think they have had rent control in NYC for quite some number of years now. So what is it? Did it change between post 182 and post 408. Keep your lies straight, democrat.

More renters — notably seniors — are also living on fixed incomes such as retirement and Social Security that don’t give them flexibility to respond to swings in the rental market. According to RentCafe, a media organization that shares data stories based on information from public government databases, the population of renters over 60 grew by 43 percent from 2007 to 2017 nationwide. It also projects that by 2035, nearly a third of renter households will be made up of seniors — making them the second-largest demographic of renters.
View attachment 979613
2023 housing bills included SB426, which would have prevented landlords from raising rent within a tenant’s first year living in a unit and limit rent increases to 5 percent after the first year. The bill died in committee.
View attachment 979614

Folks, I understand that some conservatives don’t like the idea of addressing this issue through for example considering a cap on rent increases. But rest assured this has nothing to do with communism at all. We’re talking about quality of life and living expenses. This is everything. This is the most important topic in the country. Otherwise the entire purpose of the American dream is pointless. The price of owning a home is higher than it’s ever been in history so if people want to say “well just buy a home” It’s a lot harder to do that now than it was four years ago.
The names of those who killed that bill in committee, shoud be plastered on the front page of the main newspaper of whatever town they represent.

MUCH more than that. In Tampa, 100-200% rent increases are the rule, not the exception.
Is this another lie, you stated that your rent was $600 and now you are paying $1014. Are you mathematically challenged or what. A 100% increase would be $1200. By your own admission your rent increased by just shy of 60% during an inflationary period that had an influx of people. That is supply and demand. Get used to it and quit whining and lying like a NYer.

Doooood, I am just repeating what you posted. You said in 182 that they were still in business and you said in 408,
I dont think they have had rent control in NYC for quite some number of years now. So what is it? Did it change between post 182 and post 408. Keep your lies straight, democrat.
No. Nothing changed. For quite some years, what were previously rent controlled buildings became not controlled. Others remained controlled.
And YOU a the Democrat around here, Mr enemy of the business community.

Is this another lie, you stated that your rent was $600 and now you are paying $1014. Are you mathematically challenged or what. A 100% increase would be $1200. By your own admission your rent increased by just shy of 60% during an inflationary period that had an influx of people. That is supply and demand. Get used to it and quit whining and lying like a NYer.
Idiot. I also said that I MOVED in January 2022. FOOL. I also said that the rent of the apartment THAT I MOVED AWAY FROM, is now $1600/mo for a renovated apt. That's a 167% increase (or are you arithmetically challenged as wellas reading comprehension ?)

The apt that I MOVED TO (where I live now - since Jan 2022) is the one that is $1,014. No need to apologize. Apologies are for the benefit oft he apologizer.

If there are any more posts ater this, where I have to clean up your stupid mess, it will be one $ per word clean-up fee. :biggrin:

No. Nothing changed. For quite some years, what were previously rent controlled buildings became not controlled. Others remained controlled.
And YOU a the Democrat around here, Mr enemy of the business community.
Landlords are in the business community, Doooooood.
Idiot. I also said that I MOVED in January 2022. FOOL. I also said that the rent of the apartment THAT I MOVED AWAY FROM, is now $1600/mo for a renovated apt. That's a 167% increase (or are you arithmetically challenged as wellas reading comprehension ?)

The apt that I MOVED TO (where I live now - since Jan 2022) is the one that is $1,014. No need to apologize. Apologies are for the benefit oft he apologizer.

If there are any more posts ater this, where I have to clean up your stupid mess, it will be one $ per word clean-up fee. :biggrin:
You're grasping dooooood. You have made so many BS contradictory statements trying to justify your moronic position in this thread, that you have no credibility. This rent rant ends this way every month. You should save us all some time and just copy and paste it because you spout the same lies every month. Tissue.

I hope that the other Trump supporters can see this. How Vietnam veterans, senior citizens and all sorts of people are being affected by these rent increases. Now that is 100% true and I can talk about this, for example based on my living experience in Las Vegas in 2022. Before 2020 , for example you can get a one bedroom apt for $750/month in a relatively safe neighborhood now that same thing is going for over $1700. This is astonishing. And it is a sign of greed And criminal real estate enterprises

If people are going to try and sit here and explain to the working class Americans that they have to fork over $1000 more per month in a relatively short period of time…. what else are they gonna say. ..That you should just live as a slave?

By the way in Buffalo New York, they have a small one bedroom 800- 1000 ft.² apartments going for $2500. I mean, what the hell? That is highway robbery indeed. That kind of thing should be no more than $1000. It’s a goddamn disgrace is what it is. Those are the numbers that shd get somebody a house. Well not in America 2024. Out country is not what it used to be.

Again $2500 a month. My goodness that’s $30,000 a year. Wiping people out.

And I get it some of the Trump supporters in this thread are retired. They already own a home. They don’t have to worry about these things. This is a serious concern for the country and in going forward and we need to respect American history and what our ancestors built and bring back the middle class.
$1000 to $2500. That is a 150% increase.,,As I've been saying, around the country the housing rent inflation has been 100-200%.

And in the Las Vegas example - $750 to 1700 (127% increase)

Landlords are in the business community, Doooooood.

You're grasping dooooood. You have made so many BS contradictory statements trying to justify your moronic position in this thread, that you have no credibility. This rent rant ends this way every month. You should save us all some time and just copy and paste it because you spout the same lies every month. Tissue.
As I explained, Nothing was contradictory. If you're too brainless to understand normal postings, . Not My Problem.

And you're too wak to apologize for your mistake, and calling me a liar, after I exposed you in Post # 427.

Last edited:
As I explained, Nothing was contradictory. If you're too brainless to understand normal postings, . Not My Problem.
As in the rent control issue, everything is always someone else's fault--typical whining lying democrat NYer response. You aren't capable of making a cognizant argument and now you're screaming like Biden. I guess I should back off as obviously I'm dealing with someone with reduced faculties. Maybe you should be Hidin' with Biden.

As in the rent control issue, everything is always someone else's fault--typical whining lying democrat NYer response. You aren't capable of making a cognizant argument and now you're screaming like Biden. I guess I should back off as obviously I'm dealing with someone with reduced faculties. Maybe you should be Hidin' with Biden.
Empty rhetoric. I more than made my case, as did other posters who aid he same things. Ho hum. yawn****

Waht a hoot. He calls me a Democrat. Next to me, he looks like Chuck Schumer. And New York ? I havent been there in 47 years. I'm a Floridian.

Empty rhetoric. I more than made my case, as did other posters who aid he same things. Ho hum. yawn****

Waht a hoot. He calls me a Democrat. Next to me, he looks like Chuck Schumer. And New York ? I havent been there in 47 years. I'm a Floridian.
LOL, sure you are born and raised in NY. Worked your career in CA and retired to FL. You're a NYer carpet bagger. Typical lying democrat.

Forum List

Back