Baseball Hall of Fame

The biggest threat to the integrity of the game is betting on baseball. That’s the reason for the no tolerance policy regarding Rose.
And Rose paid a very steep price for doing it.
I don’t think any players will be tempted to bet on the game because Rose only was punished for 34 years.

By the way, I think Ohtani was betting on the game and had his Translator take the Rap
MLB was willing to accept that lame excuse to protect its biggest star

Sad, really sad. Baseball is more important than eternal life. You will actually be judged for your harsh judgment of others. We are commanded to love one another. God will forgive those whom he chooses to forgive. Of you and the rest of us, we are required to forgive all that trespass against us.

I'll take over-reading into a situation for $2000 Alex....

its hypercritical.....its ok after he dies....did the gambling then just disappear?...

He gets his legacy, he just doesn't get to see it. And it becomes the capstone of the warning, "Even if you are this fucking good, you gamble, you go"

Not every deed should be forgiven. You’re talking about making the hall of fame. That is a privilege for very few people. No one is punishing Rose, he’s just not being recognized as a hall of fame Player because he isn’t worthy. Betting on baseball is the third rail. He made his bed and he has to sleep in it.
the trouble is he is considered a hall of fame quality player by most baseball fans already....including you...

It's not up to me to forgive, it's up to baseball.
You sound like Camelhead Harris. Now it's someone else's fault. Like her and the border. You are the one claiming Rose doesn't get forgiveness in this life. But, it's up to baseball. Yes, it is. But, you are the claimer for the hatred of Rose.

I don’t think any players will be tempted to bet on the game because Rose only was punished for 34 years.

By the way, I think Ohtani was betting on the game and had his Translator take the Rap
Rose hasn’t even hasn’t even showed contrition for what he’s done. We don’t even know if he bet against his own team. My guess is that he did.

I agree the Ohtani situation is his translator took the rap for him and MLB turned a blind eye.

Excellent points. The hypocrisy of these purists.

You sound like Camelhead Harris. Now it's someone else's fault. Like her and the border. You are the one claiming Rose doesn't get forgiveness in this life. But, it's up to baseball. Yes, it is. But, you are the claimer for the hatred of Rose.

it's my opinion on what should happen. Some never want him in, some want him in while still alive. I'm in the middle on it.

I don't hate Rose, I feel sorry for him. He couldn't check his gambling addiction and it has cost him Millions of dollars.

thats debatable......so the guy handling his affairs couldnt be a crook?....

it's my opinion on what should happen. Some never want him in, some want him in while still alive. I'm in the middle on it.

I don't hate Rose, I feel sorry for him. He couldn't check his gambling addiction and it has cost him Millions of dollars.
For how long? And, why is an addiction penalized for life? He's been clean for decades now.

thats debatable......so the guy handling his affairs couldnt be a crook?....
Of course a Translator could have a gambling addiction and run up thousands of dollars in debt.
But MILLIONS of dollars without Ohtani realizing his money was gone?

I think the guy was placing bets for Ohtani and took the fall

I think Rose is a jerk and has always been one.

But he is also one of the iconic players in my lifetime and gave 100 percent to the game. Every play meant something to Rose.

He belongs in the HOF with other great players.
The HOF should be able to say…
These are the greatest players ever to play this game. They can’t say that with so many great players not included

I think Rose is a jerk and has always been one.

But he is also one of the iconic players in my lifetime and gave 100 percent to the game.

He belongs in the HOF with other great players.
The HOF should be able to say…
These are the greatest players ever to play this game. They can’t say that with so many great players not included

He wasn't a smart guy, and it showed in the gambling thing as well as how he handled it afterwards.

And yes, he was one of the biggest hustle players out there.

The Hall actually punts on the Rose thing, they say they won't vote as long as he's on MLB's ineligible list, so it's really in MLB's court still.

Of course a Translator could have a gambling addiction and run up thousands of dollars in debt.
But MILLIONS of dollars without Ohtani realizing his money was gone?

I think the guy was placing bets for Ohtani and took the fall
well out here anyway the FBI said that the guy the money was owed too was being investigated at the time and the interpreters name was on a list the guy had and when they found out who he was thats when they were wondering if ohtani was involved,they said this guy had impersonated Ohtani in conversations with his bank and had stolen over $16 million.....the Japanese cops said ohtani made big money over there and no gambling that they know of....so its debatable...He was charged by the US government for bank fraud and tax evasion. On June 4, Mizuhara pleaded guilty to those charges, and was sentenced to up to 33 years in prison on October 25.......

Forum List

Back