Baseball Hall of Fame

Almost sounds like Rose committed murder. He did not. If you were convicted of a betting crime, how much time in jail and probation would you get? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? I think plenty of time has gone by to put Rose into the HOF for his playing days. Good grief. That's like taking OJ's Heisman away from him when he was a good person before he wasn't. What's wrong with people.
The biggest threat to the integrity of the game is betting on baseball. That’s the reason for the no tolerance policy regarding Rose.

MLB needs to just admit that the game was tainted by steroids and that the game did nothing about it.
Players took Steroids because they knew nobody was checking.
Mangers looked the other way because they were winning with steroid players
The Commissioner looked the other way because he liked the increased ratings and attendance
Nobody warned the fans that these numbers were bogus….they just took their money

Just admit it was part of the game during that era
i remember when trout was healthy having the years he was having he was asked in an interview if he had to be checked.....he said he volunteered because he didnt want people soured by that event to think he is just another one of them....baseball does have dam good players that dont need enhancements to be good....Trout,Pujols.....now Juan Soto....Judge...Ohtani....many more...

He's not dying in Prison, he's paying the price for his breaking of baseball's biggest rule.
OOOOOOOOOOO....So what. It's time to reward him for his playing days and stop being such a self righteous group of people. As if you haven't done worse...

OOOOOOOOOOO....So what. It's time to reward him for his playing days and stop being such a self righteous group of people. As if you haven't done worse...

I didn't bet on baseball when playing baseball when the rules were clear you DON"T FUCKING BET ON BASEBALL.

I didn't bet on baseball when playing baseball when the rules were clear you DON"T FUCKING BET ON BASEBALL.
So what! Think of the worst sin you ever committed. Did you ask for forgiveness and expected to be forgiven? Did you think it would last your life time until you were in the ground? It's been plenty long enough.

So what! Think of the worst sin you ever committed. Did you ask for forgiveness and expected to be forgiven? Did you think it would last your life time until you were in the ground? It's been plenty long enough.

Again, not comparable. Playing pro baseball is a privilege, and getting into the Hall of Fame even more so.

why does he have to die first?....if you are willing to put him in then let him know he made it.....thats kinda hypocritical marty...

He was banned permanently, I can see posthumous entry as rewarding his career while still showing what he did was not tolerable, ever.

Not every deed should be forgiven. You’re talking about making the hall of fame. That is a privilege for very few people. No one is punishing Rose, he’s just not being recognized as a hall of fame Player because he isn’t worthy. Betting on baseball is the third rail. He made his bed and he has to sleep in it.

Again, not comparable. Playing pro baseball is a privilege, and getting into the Hall of Fame even more so.
It's a privilege to live on this planet at this time where there is baseball and all the miraculous inventions. It's a greater privilege to be able to inherit all that our Father in Heaven has if we just follow the rules. Even more, if we mess up, there is a path for forgiveness that we don't have to wait until we are in the ground. Your petty unforgiving soul is far less of importance than eternal life. If God can forgive you, then you should forgive others too.

Not in the baseball world.
Sad, really sad. Baseball is more important than eternal life. You will actually be judged for your harsh judgment of others. We are commanded to love one another. God will forgive those whom he chooses to forgive. Of you and the rest of us, we are required to forgive all that trespass against us.

It's a privilege to live on this planet at this time where there is baseball and all the miraculous inventions. It's a greater privilege to be able to inherit all that our Father in Heaven has if we just follow the rules. Even more, if we mess up, there is a path for forgiveness that we don't have to wait until we are in the ground. Your petty unforgiving soul is far less of importance than eternal life. If God can forgive you, then you should forgive others too.

It's not up to me to forgive, it's up to baseball.

Forum List

Back