Batman VS Superman?,Seriously?.So Many Epic Battles To Choose From.Why Not Godzilla VS Hildabeast?

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
:boobies::clap::eusa_clap: First of all, were any of you that excited over Batman VS Superman? Haven't we already had Freddie VS Jason and Alien VS Predator? You really can't get any better than that?, Well maybe King Kong VS Barny would of been a major summer Box Office smash. Batman VS Superman was just Hollywood running out of ideas. and about 20 years too late.
If a producer wants to make a major motion picture, they really need to have some icon monster VS any hated politician. And there would be so many possibilities.
Got any you would like to propose?
Like "Alien VS Harry Reid"
or "Freddie VS Anthony Weiner"
or maybe " Godzilla VS Jeb Bush" .
:laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2:

For comic book fans who know who Frank Miller is, (300, Ronin, Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN, Year One, etc.) They have always wanted to see the fight between the two.

That was all there was to it. With out Miller, the original re-imagining of Batman starting with the first Batman movies back in the late 80's early 90's with Michael Keaton would have never been done. When they didn't get it quiet right, they tried it again in the new millennium.

But you are right, it was Hollywood all out of original ideas. It's been forever since I read that book. If I am not correct, the movie bore no relation to the original idea though. . . .

Pity they screwed it up. It just means we'll have to sit through remake another decade out again. No one will be happy till they get the brilliance of the original Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Dark Knight Strikes Again" Including that battle with Superman where the nuke goes off. :badgrin:

Fuck up, every single one of them in Hollywood. The writers, the directors, the producers. . . even the casting directors.

Ben Affleck as Batman?
no-2.gif

Personally I'm sick of all the stupid super hero movies. But...I just don't go see them and ignore it.

But it seems every month Hollywood dusts off some other superhero or makes a DC/Xmen/SpiderBat Part 17.

My son and his friend snuck into see Superman v. Batman, didn't pay to see it, but they still want their two hours back.

For comic book fans who know who Frank Miller is, (300, Ronin, Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN, Year One, etc.) They have always wanted to see the fight between the two.

That was all there was to it. With out Miller, the original re-imagining of Batman starting with the first Batman movies back in the late 80's early 90's with Michael Keaton would have never been done. When they didn't get it quiet right, they tried it again in the new millennium.

But you are right, it was Hollywood all out of original ideas. It's been forever since I read that book. If I am not correct, the movie bore no relation to the original idea though. . . .

Pity they screwed it up. It just means we'll have to sit through remake another decade out again. No one will be happy till they get the brilliance of the original Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Dark Knight Strikes Again" Including that battle with Superman where the nuke goes off. :badgrin:

Fuck up, every single one of them in Hollywood. The writers, the directors, the producers. . . even the casting directors.

Ben Affleck as Batman?
no-2.gif

I have to say, as shitty as the movie was, Ben Affleck did a decent job as Batman. I had been dreading his performance ever since I first heard the rumors, and he ended up being (as weird as this sounds) one of the better things about that pile of shit of a movie.

Personally I'm sick of all the stupid super hero movies. But...I just don't go see them and ignore it.

But it seems every month Hollywood dusts off some other superhero or makes a DC/Xmen/SpiderBat Part 17.
The Grudge VS Hillary. The two most horrific sounds on earth go at it on and off during the two hour movie, finally, the epic battle comes to an end when Hillary finally traps Grudge Girl, ties her to a chair and then performs one of her 60 minutes speeches from hell, The Grudge Girl then dies about five minutes into the speech.

And getting back to Hillary VS Grudge Girl, who better to play Grudge Girl than Huma?

Ben Affleck as Batman?
no-2.gif

I have to say, as shitty as the movie was, Ben Affleck did a decent job as Batman. I had been dreading his performance ever since I first heard the rumors, and he ended up being (as weird as this sounds) one of the better things about that pile of shit of a movie.

My son and his friend snuck into see Superman v. Batman, didn't pay to see it, but they still want their two hours back.

lol those were the days.....i use to drop my son off at the movies....to see a g or pg..and i was always amazed they came back after seeing a r rating...never had trouble convincing adults to buy their tickets....

Very disappointed. My son and I watched it....... We want our money back. Aside from that I enjoyed the company of my son.

Very disappointed. My son and I watched it....... We want our money back. Aside from that I enjoyed the company of my son.
What was your critique about it?

Also, what's your history with the characters?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Not that it matters, but here's my 2 cents:

1. Batman Origin
Must EVERY Batman movie start with the (new) director's interpretation of Bruce's childhood, parents murder, and introduction of bats into his life? Everyone knows who Batman is and his origin by now....spare us.

2. Cast
Ben Affleck didn't do as badly as I thought he might going in.
Jesse Eisenberg sucked as Lex Luther
Jeremy Irons bit as Alfred, Bruce Wayne's butler

3. Story Line:
Batman decides his hands aren't full enough with the massive crime in Gotham City (evidently his presence hasn't made enough of an impact to significantly reduce crime there) so, suddenly seeing Superman as a world threat, he decides to take on the all-powerful man of Steel. Simultaneously, as his world starts to unravel, Superman suddenly sees Batman as his top priority.

Oooookaaaaay.

4. Testosterone Levels Off the Chart
In Super (pun intended) machismo / ego fashion, no one sits down and talks, they just decide to target each other. No "Superman to Batman, "Wha's up?' It's just, 'I have decided you are bad and that I must destroy you.' Talking, of course, never makes for a good action movie, or at least the less the better, right?

5. Kryptonite On Sale at Wal Mart
Thank God that Kryptonite is so readily accessible. Think you are going to be facing off against Superman? You're in luck - it's on sale for a limited time down at Wal Mart. Who doesn't have large quantities of Kryptonite?! Of course, if no one had any it would be a short movie - Superman would kick everyone's ass. I get it.

I actually thought about walking out at one point but decided, after paying $12 bucks to get in, it wasn't THAT bad.

As a young immigrant who spoke no English at arrival, I learned the basics of the language from comic books.

Then I grew up.

It boggles the mind that otherwise normal grownups get involved and interested in crap like this. Or even more stupid, Spider Man. Or Wonder Woman. Or any of the other nonsense like those to keep the mind numb.

Not only that, but based on the trailers I've seen this movie is filmed in a disgusting color of dirty green mixed with dirty grey mixed with dirty brown. All scenes filmed one hour after sunset or one hour before sunrise. Dark, dirty and dingy. Colors other than those mentioned above, strictly forbidden and banned.

A friend of mine likes this kind of crap, while he ridicules me for liking professional wrestling. He has the nerve to call it phony, while admiring the ultimate phony, as expressed in this kind of movies.

Well, to each his own.

As a young immigrant who spoke no English at arrival, I learned the basics of the language from comic books.

Then I grew up.

It boggles the mind that otherwise normal grownups get involved and interested in crap like this. Or even more stupid, Spider Man. Or Wonder Woman. Or any of the other nonsense like those to keep the mind numb.

Not only that, but based on the trailers I've seen this movie is filmed in a disgusting color of dirty green mixed with dirty grey mixed with dirty brown. All scenes filmed one hour after sunset or one hour before sunrise. Dark, dirty and dingy. Colors other than those mentioned above, strictly forbidden and banned.

A friend of mine likes this kind of crap, while he ridicules me for liking professional wrestling. He has the nerve to call it phony, while admiring the ultimate phony, as expressed in this kind of movies.

Well, to each his own.
Do you have any kids? Perhaps a teenage boy?

Forum List

Back