Battle for equality: School board cancels Black history courses, ignites outrage

Very true
But history is very vast in scope.
There are unlimited numbers of histories you can study.
One of them is Black History
You can study blacks in history or the impact of black people on society but there is no such thing as black history any more than there is left-handed history.

The problem is you want to compare how long slavery lasted to how long the Holocaust lasted - as if number of years determine how bad the situation.

But since you want to play that game, are you under the impression that the Holocaust was the ONLY episode of antisemitism? Jews have been expelled, murdered, persecuted, and abused for 2,000 years.
I know what happened to Jewish folks during Hitler's reign, when i was stationed in Europe I have visited the sites where concentration camps and other atrocities took place against Jewish folks, so I would never downplay the atrocities and inhumane treatment they suffered. With that being said, black folks faced the same atrocities for hundreds of years in this country and that is what you either don't understand or you probably just don't give a damn.

Fools like you think slavery was just black folks being forced to work a 9 to 5 and then go home for supper.

I know what happened to Jewish folks during Hitler's reign, when i was stationed in Europe I have visited the sites where concentration camps and other atrocities took place against Jewish folks, so I would never downplay the atrocities and inhumane treatment they suffered. With that being said, black folks faced the same atrocities for hundreds of years in this country and that is what you either don't understand or you probably just don't give a damn.

Fools like you think slavery was just black folks being forced to work a 9 to 5 and then go home for supper.
I just SAID that you can’t reduce the suffering and atrocities faced by the Jewish people to the Holocaust. It’s been going on for 2,000 years.

And I know that slavery wasn’t a 9 to 5 and then home to dinner. After all, it was taught In school when I was a kid. What’s this new thing with pretending that slavery was never taught and that we need ”Black History”?

If we go your route, we’ll be graduating high school seniors who can’t do basic math, write a simple sentence, or read books I had mastered by fifth grade - but they’ll sure know white man bad and America evil.

I just SAID that you can’t reduce the suffering and atrocities faced by the Jewish people to the Holocaust. It’s been going on for 2,000 years.

And I know that slavery wasn’t a 9 to 5 and then home to dinner. After all, it was taught In school when I was a kid. What’s this new thing with pretending that slavery was never taught and that we need ”Black History”?

If we go your route, we’ll be graduating high school seniors who can’t do basic math, write a simple sentence, or read books I had mastered by fifth grade - but they’ll sure know white man evil.
Human suffering has been going on since the beginning of time, white Jews are not the only semitic people. As a matter of fact the early Jews were black.

Slavery in school was brushed over at best, we were all taught the atrocities that Jewish folks suffered during the Holocaust. The atrocities that black folks suffered during slavery and Jim Crow in this country are not taught.

So why is American His-Story and World His-Story taught in school? How much does that take away from kids learning math and reading? You don't have a problem with the evils of the German folks being taught when it comes to the atrocities committed against Jewish folks.

You can study blacks in history or the impact of black people on society but there is no such thing as black history any more than there is left-handed history.
Blacks have a lengthy history in this country

So do the Irish, Italians, Polish, Chinese and Native Americans

When have black folks every been entitled, now you on the other hand have known entitlement since this country was taken.

You seem to think you are tasked with being the entitlement whiner for them black folks who are entitled.

Yes they do. Therefore they have a place in the history of this country and the world at large. They do not have their own, separate history.

If you want to talk History of the Universe and you can’t study specific aspects of it

If you want to talk History of the Universe and you can’t study specific aspects of it
You can study specific aspects, but it must be done in concert with the broader history of the country, world, universe, etc…

You can’t study African slavery in North America without also considering the African enslavement of their own people and White Europeans.

You can study specific aspects, but it must be done in concert with the broader history of the country, world, universe, etc…

You can’t study African slavery in North America without also considering the African enslavement of their own people and White Europeans.
Why?

You can still learn Black History, Native American History, State History as part of US History

One cannot truly understand a topic if it’s taken in a vacuum. It must be compared and contrasted with what happens around it to truly grasp it.
Black History is not taught in place of US History, but part of it

Forum List

Back