Been Ripped-Off Lately?

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
I recently posted a warning about a kitchen item currently hawked on tv called, Wraptastic, which is a plastic box that supposedly eliminates the awkwardness associated with using plastic wrap. Sparing the details, it doesn't work. The tv demonstration is obviously gimmicked because this thing simply does nothing it's supposed to do.

The latest "Seen-on-TV" item is the Flexable Hose, which is hawked as a 25' garden hose that shrivels to a tiny, one-pound bundle when not in use, stores in a small pail, needs no coiling, and stretches out to its full length when the water is turned on.

Because lawn-watering time is upon us I was attracted by the tv demonstration and thought about buying one of these hoses. But having been ripped off by the Wraptastic scam I Googled Flexable Hose, read the reviews, and saved twenty bucks. This hose is another rip-off. Aside from the few glowingly positive comments, which undoubtedly are posted by the hawkers, The reviews are consistently negative.

Another tip-off to the rip-off I've noticed is the familiar advisement, "Not available in stores!" The obvious question is, Why not? The only possible answer is the item is a fluke that no store will have anything to do with.

So don't be seduced by the Wraptastic or Flexable Hose tv ads. Both items are scams. Always look for reviews via Google. Another good source of honest reviews is the Amazon website. They handle most products and their customer reviews are plentiful and, in my experience, frank and scrupulously honest.

We had a as seen on TV store years ago. We had seen another hose that rolled flat like a fire mans hose. We bought it,it sprung a leak immediately. We returned it for a new one and that one leaked too. We got our money back. I would never buy one of those products off TV.

That hose is available at Walmart, just sayin'.

As for the plastic wrap, store it in the refrigerator...

Yes, DVDs.

Amazon have become alarmingly complacent when it comes to false advertisement. I'm a huge fan of ancient and medieval fiction, and and enjoy watch modern renditions of old stories and points in history. Especially ancient Rome. Production companies are becoming wise to this, and are churning-out cheap and poorly written B-movies packaged to look like something they're not. They often use imagery that doesn't reflect the production quality or the image the footage is supposedly lifted from doesn't feature at all. Valhalla Rising is a perfect example. On the DVD cover there an image of a large battle being fought, which implies action and bloodshed. There is no battle, whatsoever. It is one of many examples of false advertising the Amazon doesn't seem to care about.

You just saved me some money on spray on hair

safe_image.php

Forum List

Back