Before you ANTI-Trumpers jump... READ THIS from A Democrat!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Trump says he might 'take away credentials' from TV reporters because '91% of the network news about me is negative (Fake)' in latest attack on free press
Trump: Should I 'take away credentials' from White House TV reporters? | Daily Mail Online

So before you all JUMP to the same conclusion about TRUMP ... READ THIS!!!

This was in 2013....Democrats first suggested it!!!

The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from
California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write.
The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet.

There are shield laws on the books in 40 states, but they do not apply in federal court. The First Amendment of the U.S Constitution promises that the right to a free press “shall not be infringed.”

Feinstein wants to limit who can be a journalist

Personally... I think it is NOT the journalist... but their editors/producers that write the headlines ... take exaggerations and make it sound like real news!
I mean watch the 3 network news in the evening and listen to their touting that evenings offerings.
It is NOTHING less than to get you to watch so they SAY ANYTHING and then backtrack.

Don't believe me... tonight watch the evening news on ABC,CBS,NBC and see how the anchors tout their stories and then watch the real story unfold. BIASED NEWS!

Trump: Should I 'take away credentials' from White House TV reporters? | Daily Mail Online

91%
negativenews.png

The recent brouhaha about Trump suggesting journalists' credentialing has again been ONE sided!

And to show how ignorant the MSM is.. read this sentence and then I show you how totally 100% inaccurate the statement is!

One of the most influential journalists, Drudge is normally remarkably silent, which is why his latest condemnation of restrictions on free speech is noteworthy.

Drudge IS NOT a journalist! He is a consolidator. He creates NO news. Reports NO news! Points to articles but never WRITES a single article!

This is a perfect example of how wrong the MSM is!
Matt Drudge warns Trump is opening a pandora's box of censorship with 'crusade on fake news’

Then the MSM getting all bent out of shape when the idea was first floated by A DEMOCRAT!!!

The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write.
The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet.

There are shield laws on the books in 40 states, but they do not apply in federal court. The First Amendment of the U.S Constitution promises that the right to a free press “shall not be infringed.”

Trump says he might 'take away credentials' from TV reporters because '91% of the network news about me is negative (Fake)' in latest attack on free press

The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from

After reading the OP, the first thing that popped into mind was, what idiot wrote this shit. This Eric Boehm placed in quotes and attributed words to the 1st Amendment that aren't even in the 1st Amendment. Maybe Feinstein had a point about bloggers.

She's ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, only journalists should get freedom of the Press 1st amendment protection, others who are not journalists will have their first amendment protection of 'free speech' that we all have as people.... just because you are a person who has a blog or an internet site, does not give you more protection than me....and make you a journalist???

Journalists have a standard and code of ethics to follow, bloggers do not. The bloggers still have freedom of speech protection like I do, and can say what they want.

One of the most influential journalists, Drudge is normally remarkably silent, which is why his latest condemnation of restrictions on free speech is noteworthy.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... when did Matt Fucking Drudge become a "journalist"?

:bsflag:

JFC, you don't even know what the bill was about. roflmao Have you EVER looked at the links you put up?

Media shield law moves forward

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... when did Matt Fucking Drudge become a "journalist"?

EXACTLY right! He never was ! He consolidates articles...doesn't write them. Again points out the ignorance of the MSM which is what I was sharing!
These so called journalists NEVER seem to understand that they are to deal with FACTS...not their guesses!

JFC, you don't even know what the bill was about. roflmao Have you EVER looked at the links you put up?

Hey I'm not a journalist! I share the links that support my statements and the first line that this link showed was again how the biased MSM works !
The "journalist" wrote it.NOT me remember ...The most recent congressional threat to the free press" A democrat!

EXACTLY right! He never was ! He consolidates articles...doesn't write them. Again points out the ignorance of the MSM which is what I was sharing!
These so called journalists NEVER seem to understand that they are to deal with FACTS...not their guesses!

Then why did you just call him "One of the most influential journalists"?

That's YOUR post sitting up there.

Hey I'm not a journalist! I share the links that support my statements and the first line that this link showed was again how the biased MSM works !
The "journalist" wrote it.NOT me remember ...The most recent congressional threat to the free press" A democrat!

Media Shield laws are not a "threat" to a free press --- they're a protection of it. They protect reporters from being forced to disclose their sources --- which, if that was not protected, wouldn't be sources. If Rump doesn't like not being able to identify who he should be sitting up at 3:32 in the morning sending troll tweets about, that's too fucking bad and he needs to grow a pair, doesn't he.

Nor is he going to take away anybody's broadcast licenses. Rump doesn't run the FCC, thank our lucky stars.

Then why did you just call him "One of the most influential journalists"?

That's YOUR post sitting up there.

Can you READ? Here is exactly the quote! I NEVER called him that. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

This was written by: Philip Wegmann
| May 09, 2018 12:56 PM

Besides the occasional breaking news dispatch, Matt Drudge spends more time arranging the front page of the Internet than actually reporting. One of the most influential journalists, Drudge is normally remarkably silent, which is why his latest condemnation of restrictions on free speech is noteworthy
Matt Drudge warns Trump is opening a pandora's box of censorship with 'crusade on fake news’

I'm going to shout because this a perfect example of a truly ignorant reader!

PHILIP WEGMANN is a commentary writer for the Washington Examiner. HE IS A JOURNALIST who doesn't know that Drudge IS NOT a Journalist!!!

YOU certainly have a reading comprehension problem!
I put the quote up from this source:by Philip Wegmann
Besides the occasional breaking news dispatch, Matt Drudge spends more time arranging the front page of the Internet than actually reporting. One of the most influential journalists, Drudge is normally remarkably silent, which is why his latest condemnation of restrictions on free speech is noteworthy
I DIDN"T say it! I'm correcting a so-called paid for commentator for the Washington Examiner who considers himself a "journalist"!

I"M SHOUTING NOW! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I DIDN'T SAY IT! I used it to show how the MSM gets things so screwed up!

allow me one simple question:

If your "conclusion" is that Feinstein speaks for ALL democrats, does then McCain speak for ALL republicans?

If your "conclusion" is that Feinstein speaks for ALL democrats, does then McCain speak for ALL republicans?

READ THE ARTICLE
Feinstein is not the only member of Congress seeking to limit the definition of journalists. Last week, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., sent letters to a number of organizations – including the Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, which runs Watchdog.org – seeking information about the legitimacy of nonprofit investigative reporters.

In as the Honorable Senator Dianne Feinstein did not get the vote she will be missing in the Senate and this is a sad day for the Senate Shrinks.

No he speaks for the Progressives.

Forum List

Back