Zone1 What is Truth?

Chesterton?

?

What do you like to say to me?

The universe is not infinite. It has a beginning and it expands. If you could travel through the universe you could never leave it because you see it always expanding. So it expands from all points into all directions and on your travel you always had been in the middle of the universe. The universe has only centres and no edge.

Eh?
Read more.

Greg

Chesterton?

?

What do you like to say to me?

The universe is not infinite. It has a beginning and it expands. If you could travel through the universe you could never leave it because you see it always expanding. So it expands from all points into all directions and on your travel you always had been in the middle of the universe. The universe has only centres and no edge.

Eh?

Greg

Your faith says so??

Greg

I say so because I am convinced this is true. And to try to stay in the truth - independent from a special person and/or a concrete subject - is part of my faith. The plausible idea of a "primordial atom" (atom not in sense of a chemical element) for example ... later this will be called "big bang" ... was developed from the Belgian physicist and Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre two years before Hubble also had such an idea.

I'm not sure in context of Schrödingers equation and also of the theory of relativity whether a Hilbert space (a space with infinite dimensions) could have to do something as well with the theory of relativity (where time seems ot be a kind of illusion) and also with quantum mechanics (where time is a very hard fact). But I don't have the basis to work something like this out. In general it is very difficult to say what's "only" a mathematical construct and/or ¿also? a real physical structure. I often say "mathematics is the spirituality of physics".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back