Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

The Commandments are guidance to a blessed, joyful life--the way to eternal life. What say you?

The Ten Commandments are not Gods best work and are unworthy of a real Supreme Being

He spends the first four demanding that you better worship him….or else
Don’t kill, don’t steal, don’t bear false witness….no brainers that every civilization adheres to
Honor your parents is a good start but leaves off don’t beat your kids, don’t beat your wife, take care of your family
Thou shall not covet? Thought crime, who cares?

What God really messed up was not calling slavery a sin, protecting your environment and drinking water, not condemning war, allowing Capital Punishment

The Ten Commandments are not Gods best work and are unworthy of a real Supreme Being

Don’t kill, don’t steal, don’t bear false witness….no brainers that every civilization adheres to
Honor your parents is a good start but leaves off don’t beat your kids, don’t beat your wife, take care of your family

What God really messed up was not calling slavery a sin, protecting your environment and drinking water, not condemning war, allowing Capital Punishment
Yes, G-d should have said “thou shalt recycle thy plastics.”

One of the better posts on this topic. God was definitely not a progressive.

And we will not know god’s plan until we die. Your question is immaterial. I may not be happy “ turning the other cheek, being a prostitute ” regardless It’s gods plan, not mine, right ?
We can discern God's plan in this life. Do you think it is difficult?

If I did everything based upon my happiness,why even have god. Putin is a regular church goer. He’s happy with assassinations, murder and theft. So any comment you make is refutable.
I did not speak of happiness, but joy. I very much doubt Mr. Putin experiences joy no matter how happy his behavior makes him.

We can discern God's plan in this life. Do you think it is difficult?
No you can’t. That’s BS.
Even your teachings says you are FOS. The only way you know gods plan…..
God has no plan in this life. When someone tells you that you have to die to find out anything about a plan after life or not, it’s a scam.

You’re the one projecting. “ faith” is used to get people to go along with your unproven ideas.
On the contrary. Faith cannot be used on people. Judaism teaches Law--the Ten Commandments; the Noahide Laws for non-Jews. They teach this is a good way to live this life. Faith comes when someone puts their trust in the Law. It can be compared to a child hanging onto the edge of the pool. He must trust that he can swim out to the instructor and that the instructor will help him if has trouble. Judaism teaches the love of these Laws of God results in love of God.

Christ started at a different point--love of God. Having faith in God's love results in love of God's Laws.

On the contrary. Faith cannot be used on people. Judaism teaches Law--the Ten Commandments; the Noahide Laws for non-Jews. They teach this is a good way to live this life. Faith comes when someone puts their trust in the Law. It can be compared to a child hanging onto the edge of the pool. He must trust that he can swim out to the instructor and that the instructor will help him if has trouble. Judaism teaches the love of these Laws of God results in love of God.

Christ started at a different point--love of God. Having faith in God's love results in love of God's Laws.
Which god are you talking about ?

These are more of a map than demands. On our way through life, put God first, which is the better way.
He did that with the first

The next three are petty demands of worship or else

God blew the 10 commandments
I could do a better job

Kill can cover more than physical death. Abusing a child can kill healthy development, their future, and the like. It definitely kills trust and prevents the best life possible.

Keep in mind that in Jewish Law, men, women, and children are all covered by the law--both in obeying it and being protected by it.

Scanning the Ten Commandments is a good start, but further study is necessary. People had questions and to clarify all these various situations, Jewish law grew to 613--all based on the original Ten.

Slavery is stealing the life of another. Prohibited. War is condemned under killing, stealing, coveting. All prohibited.

Admit it. You don’t know shit. Your god doesn’t reveal himself to you until the afterlife. Christ could easily have been gay.
Lol. I know about God, the Bible and science. There is no reason to listen to a SAF and POS like you. You don't even have an article or youtube. I even have a parting message for atheists and sinners who do not repent. ANTD.

Forum List

Back