🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

/---- Dr Carson worked his way out of poverty so I take his word on it not yours.

Yes he did

Proving that the best and brightest are capable of working their way out of poverty

But implementing a policy where every poor person is assumed to be the best and brightest is doomed to failure
/---- I'm amazed that you are capable of such twisted logic. No one is making that assumption and you know it.

OK....show me the numbers

Show where there are 30 million "better jobs" out there that more educated and motivated poor people can fill
Show me an education system capable of handling an additional 30 million students

It is your lame theory that every poor person can work their way out of poverty.....show me an example of how it would work and I will pick you apart

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.
/----- Tell me how many poor people would even read these guidelines much less try and follow them. Retire by 40 by giving up these habits

Did you retire by 40? Did you follow those guidelines? Ben Carson did not retire by 40. Trump has not retired. So fuck those guidelines and the double standards you pricks put on people who are poor that y never follow yourselves.

And before you open your mouth to comment or put your fingers on a keyboard to embarrass yourself trying to tell me how much I need to go find a job, I retired at 54. Poverty is not a state of mind.

Yes it is the governments job

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?
There are 30 million people who receive government assistance

Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?

Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 20-50 million illegals here?
AND
What about the millions of barely legals who won the lotto by simply dropping a silver tooth anchor on American soil?
You Loons should be proud of what you champion for...don't bitch and complain later while pushing the same bunch of bullshit...OWN IT!

Could you please show me a credible link that supports 20-50 million illegals and I will respond to your comment

Thank you

Well, since illegals don't hop the wall then rush to the census bureau to register as an illegal NO number is "proven". This is one of those situations where we are suppose to use our own heads and connect a few dots based on available data and reasonable estimates. Let's not turn this into a trivial game of semantics....why don't you go ahead and pick the number you believe is reasonable. Let's play stupid and go on the more than a decade old, "super credible" 11 million number.

You said:
"There are 30 million people who receive government assistance
Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?"
Let's pretend I said:
Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 11 million illegals here?
AND
What about the millions of barely legals who won the lotto by simply dropping a silver tooth anchor on American soil?
You Loons should be proud of what you champion for...don't bitch and complain later while pushing the same bunch of bullshit...OWN IT!

"Call any journalist, pundit, anchor, strategist or lobbyist and ask: 1. How many illegal immigrants are in the United States? 2. What is your source for that number?
Almost without exception he or she will answer: 1. 11 million. 2. The Pew Research Center.
For a decade now, no number has been given greater certitude and less investigation than that. Not even the number of planets in our solar system has enjoyed such constancy and acceptance.
Since so much of the national discourse, debate, culture and treasure hinges on the accuracy of the number 11 million, one would think that some enterprising reporter would seek his Pulitzer by validating or debunking it."

How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US?
"Other equally credible studies have produced numbers quite different from the now doctrinal 11 million.
Analysis of Illegal immigration invasion numbers by Fred Elbel - Desert Invasion U.S.

In 2005, a Bear Stearns study estimated the total number of illegal immigrants at 20 million using other data perhaps more valid than sole reliance on Census Bureau surveys. These include remittances, school enrollments, housing statistics in immigrant enclaves and Border Patrol apprehension data."
http://www.steinreport.com/BearStearnsStudy.pdf

Yes it is the governments job

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?
There are 30 million people who receive government assistance

Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?

Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 20-50 million illegals here?
AND

Could you please show me a credible link that supports 20-50 million illegals and I will respond to your comment

Thank you

Well, since illegals don't hop the wall then rush to the census bureau to register as an illegal NO number is "proven". This is one of those situations where we are suppose to use our own heads and connect a few dots based on available data and reasonable estimates. Let's not turn this into a trivial game of semantics....why don't you go ahead and pick the number you believe is reasonable. Let's play stupid and go on the more than a decade old, "super credible" 11 million number.

You said:
"There are 30 million people who receive government assistance
Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?"
Let's pretend I said:
Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 11 million illegals here?
AND

"Call any journalist, pundit, anchor, strategist or lobbyist and ask: 1. How many illegal immigrants are in the United States? 2. What is your source for that number?
Almost without exception he or she will answer: 1. 11 million. 2. The Pew Research Center.
For a decade now, no number has been given greater certitude and less investigation than that. Not even the number of planets in our solar system has enjoyed such constancy and acceptance.
Since so much of the national discourse, debate, culture and treasure hinges on the accuracy of the number 11 million, one would think that some enterprising reporter would seek his Pulitzer by validating or debunking it."

How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US?
"Other equally credible studies have produced numbers quite different from the now doctrinal 11 million.
Analysis of Illegal immigration invasion numbers by Fred Elbel - Desert Invasion U.S.

In 2005, a Bear Stearns study estimated the total number of illegal immigrants at 20 million using other data perhaps more valid than sole reliance on Census Bureau surveys. These include remittances, school enrollments, housing statistics in immigrant enclaves and Border Patrol apprehension data."
http://www.steinreport.com/BearStearnsStudy.pdf
I actually read your link

It basically comes down to the authors "opinion" that the 11 million number is too low and he talked to "some guys" who think the number is higher

If 30-50 million Mexicans have moved into the US illegally, you would see a 40% drop in the population of Mexico (127 million population)
I think someone would have noticed

The US census reports there are 55 million people of Hispanic origin in the US. Your claim is that there are actually 100 million people or one third of our population

Your math just seems silly

Last edited:
We should strip him of all his money and throw him back into the ghetto. Only then will we see if he means it or not.

/----- Why would you want to harm Dr Carson? Because he managed to escape the DemocRAT plantation? And to answer your question, he'd walk into the nearest hospital and get a job as a surgeon making $250k a year. You pathetic worm.

No he would not. Carson is retired. He's probably too old to be a surgeon. He's 65. And that surgery for which he gets credit for was done with a tram of 70 people and 3 other surgeons who led the operation besides him. There is no democratic plantation. I mean these uses of racial past shows what kind of people exist in the republican party. A black person would be am idiot to join the republican party right now. So Carson is an idiot.
/---- Fine he can't be a surgeon but he could practice medicine in a hospital or private practice. As far as the liberal plantation explain how Convservative Blacks are attacked:

"The Black Feminists ganged up against Clarence Thomas during his Supreme Court nomination not because they thought he was sexist, but really because he had the nerve to bolt off the liberal plantation."

"Black Libertarian Thomas Sowell is sometimes called an Uncle Tom simply because he has wandered off the liberal plantation."

White conservative TV pundit: "Herman Cain is being attacked for sexual harassment by the liberal mainstream press not because he did anything substantially improper, but for bolting off the liberal plantation."

There is no liberal plantation. These people are challenged because of their views. You only support them because they validate your racism. .Herman Cain was done in by his dick and by the Rick Perry campaign.
/---- Why wasn't Bill Clinton done in by his dick? Libs just elevated his status. And there is plenty of evidence of the Liberal Plantation.

Bill Clinton was disbarred. So he was done in by his dick.

There is no liberal plantation. That just 2 words made up by conservatives.

And it's racist.

/----- Why would you want to harm Dr Carson? Because he managed to escape the DemocRAT plantation? And to answer your question, he'd walk into the nearest hospital and get a job as a surgeon making $250k a year. You pathetic worm.

No he would not. Carson is retired. He's probably too old to be a surgeon. He's 65. And that surgery for which he gets credit for was done with a tram of 70 people and 3 other surgeons who led the operation besides him. There is no democratic plantation. I mean these uses of racial past shows what kind of people exist in the republican party. A black person would be am idiot to join the republican party right now. So Carson is an idiot.
/---- Fine he can't be a surgeon but he could practice medicine in a hospital or private practice. As far as the liberal plantation explain how Convservative Blacks are attacked:

"The Black Feminists ganged up against Clarence Thomas during his Supreme Court nomination not because they thought he was sexist, but really because he had the nerve to bolt off the liberal plantation."

"Black Libertarian Thomas Sowell is sometimes called an Uncle Tom simply because he has wandered off the liberal plantation."

White conservative TV pundit: "Herman Cain is being attacked for sexual harassment by the liberal mainstream press not because he did anything substantially improper, but for bolting off the liberal plantation."

There is no liberal plantation. These people are challenged because of their views. You only support them because they validate your racism. .Herman Cain was done in by his dick and by the Rick Perry campaign.
/---- Why wasn't Bill Clinton done in by his dick? Libs just elevated his status. And there is plenty of evidence of the Liberal Plantation.

And it's racist.
/---- Blacks tend to disagree with you: Sheriff Clarke: Media Has Kept Blacks Under '60 Years of Enslavement' on 'Liberal Plantation' - Breitbart

And it's racist.
/---- Blacks tend to disagree with you: Sheriff Clarke: Media Has Kept Blacks Under '60 Years of Enslavement' on 'Liberal Plantation' - Breitbart

Well if Breitbart says it...it must be true

And it's racist.

/---- OK I'm debating a complete moron. Sheriff Clark said it. Breitbart reported it. Ask your Special Ed teacher explain how things are reported.

And it's racist.

.I'm pretty confident being black myself that blacks do not disagree with me. We blacks hate Clarke.

Maybe you try not citing house n words and sellouts when you talk to me.

And it's racist.

/---- OK I'm debating a complete moron. Sheriff Clark said it. Breitbart reported it. Ask your Special Ed teacher explain how things are reported.

But you are the moron not the other guy. Because you cite something David Clarke says and it's supposed to represent a majority opinion of 40 million people when in fact it's an opinion held by maybe 3 percent of all blacks. There is no liberal plantation. But you will give Clarke your money making him rich for spewing lies. Sucker.

And it's racist.

Six of one....half dozen of the other
Conservative propaganda is still Conservative propaganda

Clark spouts it...Breitbart reports it

Forum List

Back