🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

There are 30 million people who receive government assistance

Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?

Yes, there are better-paying jobs waiting for them IF the employee works to improve themselves. If they're working at Walmart, they can attend the training and education courses the company provides free to move up the ladder. If they're good with their hands and are not interested in moving up with Walmart, they can go to HVAC school at the local technical college.

There are millions of opportunities, you simply have to be willing to WORK for them and WANT THEM, not want them, but WANT THEM!

If you are making poverty wages you can do all the budgeting and living within your means you want and you will still be living in poverty.

If that's your MINDSET, you're 100% right, you'll be living in poverty all your life.

Do you believe that the vast majority of people live their lives in one particular income bracket?

If you believe poverty is a mindset you are a fool.

Yes it is the governments job

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?

Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 20-50 million illegals here?
AND
What about the millions of barely legals who won the lotto by simply dropping a silver tooth anchor on American soil?
You Loons should be proud of what you champion for...don't bitch and complain later while pushing the same bunch of bullshit...OWN IT!

Could you please show me a credible link that supports 20-50 million illegals and I will respond to your comment

Thank you

Yes, there are better-paying jobs waiting for them IF the employee works to improve themselves. If they're working at Walmart, they can attend the training and education courses the company provides free to move up the ladder. If they're good with their hands and are not interested in moving up with Walmart, they can go to HVAC school at the local technical college.

There are millions of opportunities, you simply have to be willing to WORK for them and WANT THEM, not want them, but WANT THEM!

There are?

Can you please show me employment figures that indicate there are 30 million good paying jobs that are unfilled
Typically we see around 200,000 new jobs a month

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

/---- Of course poverty is a state of mind. I know poor people who eat take out every night and swill down a case of beer while complaining they have no money. We rent homes in NC to working class and have to be on their front porch on payday to collect the rent before they blow the money on Yosemite Sam mud flaps for their rusted out pick up.

If you are making poverty wages you can do all the budgeting and living within your means you want and you will still be living in poverty.

If that's your MINDSET, you're 100% right, you'll be living in poverty all your life.

Do you believe that the vast majority of people live their lives in one particular income bracket?

/---- I'm no fool and the reason for poverty is a poor attitude about work, education and money management.

/---- one of the workers for a contractor we hired dropped out of high school because he was offered a job paying $500 a week. He wanted a new F 150. I asked "What are you going to do in 5 years when the truck is worn out and you're stuck in a dead end job?" He replied " I may not be alive in 5 years so I'm enjoying life now while I can. Besides I don't learn nothin in school."

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

/---- Dr Carson worked his way out of poverty so I take his word on it not yours.

/---- Dr Carson worked his way out of poverty so I take his word on it not yours.

Yes he did

Proving that the best and brightest are capable of working their way out of poverty

But implementing a policy where every poor person is assumed to be the best and brightest is doomed to failure

We should strip him of all his money and throw him back into the ghetto. Only then will we see if he means it or not.

/----- Why would you want to harm Dr Carson? Because he managed to escape the DemocRAT plantation? And to answer your question, he'd walk into the nearest hospital and get a job as a surgeon making $250k a year. You pathetic worm.

Yes he did

Proving that the best and brightest are capable of working their way out of poverty

But implementing a policy where every poor person is assumed to be the best and brightest is doomed to failure
/---- I'm amazed that you are capable of such twisted logic. No one is making that assumption and you know it.

/---- I'm no fool and the reason for poverty is a poor attitude about work, education and money management.

You are a fool if you think poverty is a state of mind. .

/---- one of the workers for a contractor we hired dropped out of high school because he was offered a job paying $500 a week. He wanted a new F 150. I asked "What are you going to do in 5 years when the truck is worn out and you're stuck in a dead end job?" He replied " I may not be alive in 5 years so I'm enjoying life now while I can. Besides I don't learn nothin in school."
/---- rightwinger, did you rate my post funny because of the workers attitude or because you don't believe me?

We should strip him of all his money and throw him back into the ghetto. Only then will we see if he means it or not.

/----- Why would you want to harm Dr Carson? Because he managed to escape the DemocRAT plantation? And to answer your question, he'd walk into the nearest hospital and get a job as a surgeon making $250k a year. You pathetic worm.

No he would not. Carson is retired. He's probably too old to be a surgeon. He's 65. And that surgery for which he gets credit for was done with a tram of 70 people and 3 other surgeons who led the operation besides him. There is no democratic plantation. I mean these uses of racial past shows what kind of people exist in the republican party. A black person would be am idiot to join the republican party right now. So Carson is an idiot.

No he would not. Carson is retired. He's probably too old to be a surgeon. He's 65. And that surgery for which he gets credit for was done with a tram of 70 people and 3 other surgeons who led the operation besides him. There is no democratic plantation. I mean these uses of racial past shows what kind of people exist in the republican party. A black person would be am idiot to join the republican party right now. So Carson is an idiot.
/---- Fine he can't be a surgeon but he could practice medicine in a hospital or private practice. As far as the liberal plantation explain how Convservative Blacks are attacked:

"The Black Feminists ganged up against Clarence Thomas during his Supreme Court nomination not because they thought he was sexist, but really because he had the nerve to bolt off the liberal plantation."

"Black Libertarian Thomas Sowell is sometimes called an Uncle Tom simply because he has wandered off the liberal plantation."

White conservative TV pundit: "Herman Cain is being attacked for sexual harassment by the liberal mainstream press not because he did anything substantially improper, but for bolting off the liberal plantation."

/----- Tell me how many poor people would even read these guidelines much less try and follow them. Retire by 40 by giving up these habits

Yes it is the governments job

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?

Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 20-50 million illegals here?
AND
What about the millions of barely legals who won the lotto by simply dropping a silver tooth anchor on American soil?
You Loons should be proud of what you champion for...don't bitch and complain later while pushing the same bunch of bullshit...OWN IT!

Could you please show me a credible link that supports 20-50 million illegals and I will respond to your comment

Thank you

Well, since illegals don't hop the wall then rush to the census bureau to register as an illegal NO number is "proven". This is one of those situations where we are suppose to use our own heads and connect a few dots based on available data and reasonable estimates. Let's not turn this into a trivial game of semantics....why don't you go ahead and pick the number you believe is reasonable. Let's play stupid and go on the more than a decade old, "super credible" 11 million number.

You said:
"There are 30 million people who receive government assistance
Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?"
Let's pretend I said:
Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 11 million illegals here?
AND

"Call any journalist, pundit, anchor, strategist or lobbyist and ask: 1. How many illegal immigrants are in the United States? 2. What is your source for that number?
Almost without exception he or she will answer: 1. 11 million. 2. The Pew Research Center.
For a decade now, no number has been given greater certitude and less investigation than that. Not even the number of planets in our solar system has enjoyed such constancy and acceptance.
Since so much of the national discourse, debate, culture and treasure hinges on the accuracy of the number 11 million, one would think that some enterprising reporter would seek his Pulitzer by validating or debunking it."

How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US?
"Other equally credible studies have produced numbers quite different from the now doctrinal 11 million.
Analysis of Illegal immigration invasion numbers by Fred Elbel - Desert Invasion U.S.

In 2005, a Bear Stearns study estimated the total number of illegal immigrants at 20 million using other data perhaps more valid than sole reliance on Census Bureau surveys. These include remittances, school enrollments, housing statistics in immigrant enclaves and Border Patrol apprehension data."
http://www.steinreport.com/BearStearnsStudy.pdf

/---- Fine he can't be a surgeon but he could practice medicine in a hospital or private practice. As far as the liberal plantation explain how Convservative Blacks are attacked:

"The Black Feminists ganged up against Clarence Thomas during his Supreme Court nomination not because they thought he was sexist, but really because he had the nerve to bolt off the liberal plantation."

"Black Libertarian Thomas Sowell is sometimes called an Uncle Tom simply because he has wandered off the liberal plantation."

White conservative TV pundit: "Herman Cain is being attacked for sexual harassment by the liberal mainstream press not because he did anything substantially improper, but for bolting off the liberal plantation."

There is no liberal plantation. These people are challenged because of their views. You only support them because they validate your racism. .Herman Cain was done in by his dick and by the Rick Perry campaign.

There is no liberal plantation. These people are challenged because of their views. You only support them because they validate your racism. .Herman Cain was done in by his dick and by the Rick Perry campaign.
/---- Why wasn't Bill Clinton done in by his dick? Libs just elevated his status. And there is plenty of evidence of the Liberal Plantation.

Forum List

Back