🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

Carson is right, and he isn't the first to make that statement. Entrepreneurs talk about this stuff all the time. Wealth is a state of mind as well, just as poverty is. Your success in life is created from within first, from your thoughts and imagination and ambitions. And if you don't get that stuff sorted out, you'll never make it out of poverty, if that was what you were born into. People who have achieved wealth think very differently from people who are poor.

No Carson is not right. Wealth is not a state of mind.
Carson is right.

'Dependency' on welfare / the govt, choosing to sit on your ass and collect a check, is often a mental choice.

This is untrue also. But what exactly do you consider welfare? Help to the poor or handouts given to the rich, to farmers and to oil companies in the form of subsidies.

Oh..the ole' pretend to be confused to skew definitions and reality trick.
There is no complexities in this...unless you're a twisted Lefty.
When you count on others to feed you yet contribute nothing positive and are a negative drag on society, our economy and oftentimes our legal system...You are a filthy human pet.
Human pets themselves often try the deflection technique by spinning off to the rich, farmers and oil companies.

I know Carson is not right for a fact. There is no confusion here. Nor deflection. Not by me anyway. Welfare is welfare chump.. And if you are talking about sitting around waiting for government money you include all who do so or be quiet.

I guess being rich takes practice

I'm sure this is a shock to your little system. Getting "rich" takes LOTS of hard work.

But that's just it. We aren't talking about being rich. We are just talking about escaping poverty. All of which takes budgeting and living within your means. That's something everyone should be able to do

I guess being rich takes practice

I'm sure this is a shock to your little system. Getting "rich" takes LOTS of hard work.

But that's just it. We aren't talking about being rich. We are just talking about escaping poverty. All of which takes budgeting and living within your means. That's something everyone should be able to do

If you are making poverty wages you can do all the budgeting and living within your means you want and you will still be living in poverty.

Wasn't Trump going to do all sorts of wonderful things to get people out of poverty?

...starting with creating millions and millions of good paying jobs with his pie in the sky economic promises?

Wasn't Trump going to do all sorts of wonderful things to get people out of poverty?

...starting with creating millions and millions of good paying jobs with his pie in the sky economic promises?

Yeah aren't we supposed to get 4 percent economic growth or something because of Trumps plan?

Yeah aren't we supposed to get 4 percent economic growth or something because of Trumps plan?

That's what for decades has jokingly been called Rosy Scenario.

Last edited:
Conservatives trying to convince Americans that the poor being poor is the fault of the poor has been part of conservative propaganda for ages.

Yes that's true too. And rather pathetic. I mean If I were looking for a political party I would not begin to join a party with these types of people in it.

They'd put me in prison for what I would do to some of these people.

Conservatives trying to convince Americans that the poor being poor is the fault of the poor has been part of conservative propaganda for ages.

Yes that's true too. And rather pathetic. I mean If I were looking for a political party I would not begin to join a party with these types of people in it.

Republicans love to get voters to blame someone poorer than they are for all their ills, and along with that the Republicans will try to convince you that the Rich are your best friends,

your saviors.

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

Yeah...tell the guy who grew up in poverty....and went on to become a Pediatric Neurosurgeon how it is done.....moron...

And you could also ask Morgan Freeman........

The basics of staying out of poverty.....

1) don't drop out of high school

2) don't commit crimes, don't get a criminal record

3) Don't have children until you can actually support them, which usually means waiting till you are married to have children

Do those 3 things and you have the best chance of staying out of poverty.......

What do all of them take....a mind set to avoid doing the opposite of those 3 things.....

Poverty is a state of mind. What's the controversy here? There is not a single hard working man or woman that can't pull themselves out of poverty
You make a good point

Yea, a single person can pull himself out of poverty, but can 30 million people in poverty do it?

Are there 30 million better jobs out there? 30 million unfilled positions just waiting for someone to work harder?

The job of government is not to look at job opportunities for single workers, but to look at the environment for 30 million

Poverty is a state of mind. What's the controversy here? There is not a single hard working man or woman that can't pull themselves out of poverty
You make a good point

Yea, a single person can pull himself out of poverty, but can 30 million people in poverty do it?

Are there 30 million better jobs out there? 30 million unfilled positions just waiting for someone to work harder?

The job of government is not to look at job opportunities for single workers, but to look at the environment for 30 million

No...that isn't governments job...that attitude is what creates 30 million unempoloyed people......the role of the government is to be a referee, not a job creator....

Being a Right wing Nut with a fixation for the Orange Trump Pig is a "State of Mindlessness"

Big man, pig man
Ha, ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel
Ha, ha, charade you are
And when your hand is on your heart
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost a joker
With your head down in the pig bin
Saying 'Keep on digging'
Pig stain on your fat chin
What do you hope to find
Down in the pig mine?
You're nearly a laugh
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry
upload_2017-5-28_8-11-54-gif.129335
85217699.gif

Bus stop rat bag
Ha, ha, charade you are
You fucked up old hag
Ha, ha, charade you are
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost worth a quick grin
You like the feel of steel
You're hot stuff with a hatpin
And good fun with a hand gun
You're nearly a laugh
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry
Hey you, White House
Ha, ha,

The economy is doing quite well. But if you expect someone else to make you wealthy than you are neglecting your finances.

Cause helping people realize their choices determine their future is evil but telling them they can't do anything so don't try is good

Of course poverty in America is a state of mind. Anyone not aware of that has their head buried deep in sand.
Poverty should only be a temporary state for anyone.

Wouldn't that be great!
Pay fair wages, provide opportunities in impoverished areas, help those who need help

Why shouldn't someone EARN a fair wage?

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg
Who's says they don't?

Low skilled work used to pay a wage you could support yourself on. It no longer does. Doesn't mean workers are less valuable, only that employers have more economic power over them

Crimes usually land you in prison.

Unless your name is Clinton

Forum List

Back