🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

Of course poverty in America is a state of mind. Anyone not aware of that has their head buried deep in sand.
Poverty should only be a temporary state for anyone.

Wouldn't that be great!
Pay fair wages, provide opportunities in impoverished areas, help those who need help

Why shouldn't someone EARN a fair wage?

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

It doesn't matter where you work today, unless it is government, you don't have a pension. You also don't have sick days and your job security is way-way-way less tied to your skills than your corporation's whims.

Why isn't it your personal responsibility to assure yourself the retirement you deserve?

Just because you work for the government doesn't assure you a pension. Please look at California and you'll agree that unions for public workers should be illegal. California has made wild promises to their employees and has no way to make good on those promises. Yet, they continue to spend. If you're an employee of California, don't you think it would be prudent to be planning for your own retirement?

Sounds like a good idea but the job market will only accept so many rocket scientists. Someone has to flip the burgers and mop the floors
For some workers, that is all they are suitable for

Which in the vast majority of cases is a starting job for a youngster who will go on to other, better-paying jobs, which could easily include being a rocket scientist?

Do you believe that people in the lowest quintile of income remain there or do they move up and down the brackets?

Of say Forbes 400 richest Americans each year, how many do you believe are self-made or primarily self-made and did not inherit their millions or billions?

Of course poverty in America is a state of mind. Anyone not aware of that has their head buried deep in sand.

Wouldn't that be great!
Pay fair wages, provide opportunities in impoverished areas, help those who need help

Why shouldn't someone EARN a fair wage?

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

Sounds fine to me. But what is a fair wage?

The vast majority of workers earn exactly what they are worth. No more, no less.

If you believe you are worth more, you have numerous options. You may increase your value to an employer. You may take your learned skills and open your own business. You may also go out into the marketplace and shop your skills, see if someone else will offer you more. You may go to school at night, weekends or on-line and find the job you love and earns what you believe is your worth.

A 401k is a far-far-far cry from the value of a pension. Not even close.
And PTO days are not sick days.
20 years ago people had, say, 20 vacation days and maybe 40 sick hours that could accumulate year over year to a max number. It was not uncommon for people to have 2-300 sick hours ON TOP of vacation. Companies just removed the sick time and called vacation hours - PTO.

What world did you live in? Oh, right, that Progressive world of snowflakes, rainbows, and unicorns.

Let's look at the hated minimum wage that conservatives rail about

I started working in the early 70s making a minimum wage of $2.10 an hour
I was able to put myself through college on that wage just working summers
You could buy a new car after six months work
You could buy seven gallons of gas for that car on one hours work

Minimum wage in 1973 was $1.60 per hour. A gallon of gas was $0.39 per gallon or four gallons not seven for one-hour bagging groceries. Very little difference from today.

I too worked my way through college, U of M, working every imaginable job. When I was earning minimum wage I was also working for tips. Tips substantially exceeded my hourly stipend. I also worked as a dishwasher in a bowling alley, after hour mechanic on the machines after hours, worked on a tropical fish farm. I always earned well over minimum wage after that first "real job" bagging groceries. Amazing what I learned in that first job bagging groceries, was the harder I worked, the better friendlier service I provided, the MORE MONEY I MADE. I know, who knew? I also won $10,000 prior to my last year so that made it a bit easier.

When are bigoted lefties gonna stop attacking prominent Black achievers?

Ben Carson was a brilliant surgeon.
Take him out of the operating room and he's an idiot savant,
He didn't want the job because he said he wasn't qualified.
Not being qualified is the qualification to work in the Tramp administration.

Carson cintinues to prove he is too smart for snowflakws to grasp.

Many foreign families come to the US, open up businesses, and make something from nothing. It's not anything Americans could not do if the worked hard and put their MINDS to it.

The OP can't MENTALLY grasp that concept.

:p

Carson cintinues to prove he is too smart for snowflakws to grasp.

Many foreign families come to the US, open up businesses, and make something from nothing. It's not anything Americans could not do if the worked hard and put their MINDS to it.

The OP can't MENTALLY grasp that concept.

:p
Trump assigned the very people he knew would destroy that agency.
Bannon confirmed that a few months ago.
See Scott Pruit, Betsy Devos, Rick oops Perry etc
God... you're clueless.You have no idea what YOUR people are doing.

'Dependency' on welfare / the govt, choosing to sit on your ass and collect a check, is often a mental choice.

Wouldn't that be great!

Impoverished areas are impoverished because the people who live there have impoverished will power to move where jobs abound.
Those who need help should make at least a token effort to help themselves.
I know, I been there, done it.
Which country do you live in?

Is Apalachia impoverished because the coal miners did not work hard enough?
Is Detroit impoverished because the people shut down the car factories
Is the Rust Belt failing because the workers stopped working hard?

Haha...you already have your answers...all defeatist lowlifes believe it's someone or something else "holding them back"...weird common denominator huh?
It's so much easier to be and stay a lazy, complacent piece of shit when you can convince yourself that there's just no way it can be your fault....haha
I love this shit...so fascinating!
So if a coal miner just hunkers down and applies himself, all those coal mines will reopen
we have all had "our cheese moved". part of life.

Carson is right, and he isn't the first to make that statement. Entrepreneurs talk about this stuff all the time. Wealth is a state of mind as well, just as poverty is. Your success in life is created from within first, from your thoughts and imagination and ambitions. And if you don't get that stuff sorted out, you'll never make it out of poverty, if that was what you were born into. People who have achieved wealth think very differently from people who are poor.

No Carson is not right. Wealth is not a state of mind.

'Dependency' on welfare / the govt, choosing to sit on your ass and collect a check, is often a mental choice.

This is untrue also. But what exactly do you consider welfare? Help to the poor or handouts given to the rich, to farmers and to oil companies in the form of subsidies.

Carson is right, and he isn't the first to make that statement. Entrepreneurs talk about this stuff all the time. Wealth is a state of mind as well, just as poverty is. Your success in life is created from within first, from your thoughts and imagination and ambitions. And if you don't get that stuff sorted out, you'll never make it out of poverty, if that was what you were born into. People who have achieved wealth think very differently from people who are poor.

No Carson is not right. Wealth is not a state of mind.
Carson is right.

This is untrue also. But what exactly do you consider welfare? Help to the poor or handouts given to the rich, to farmers and to oil companies in the form of subsidies.

Oh..the ole' pretend to be confused to skew definitions and reality trick.
There is no complexities in this...unless you're a twisted Lefty.
When you count on others to feed you yet contribute nothing positive and are a negative drag on society, our economy and oftentimes our legal system...You are a filthy human pet.
Human pets themselves often try the deflection technique by spinning off to the rich, farmers and oil companies.

Forum List

Back