🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

Conservatives trying to convince Americans that the poor being poor is the fault of the poor has been part of conservative propaganda for ages.

Yes that's true too. And rather pathetic. I mean If I were looking for a political party I would not begin to join a party with these types of people in it.

They'd put me in prison for what I would do to some of these people.

Crimes usually land you in prison.

Unless your name is Clinton

But since those with the name Clinton did not commit any crimes, they don't go to prison.

Poverty is a state of mind. What's the controversy here? There is not a single hard working man or woman that can't pull themselves out of poverty
You make a good point

Yea, a single person can pull himself out of poverty, but can 30 million people in poverty do it?

Are there 30 million better jobs out there? 30 million unfilled positions just waiting for someone to work harder?

The job of government is not to look at job opportunities for single workers, but to look at the environment for 30 million

No...that isn't governments job...that attitude is what creates 30 million unempoloyed people......the role of the government is to be a referee, not a job creator....
Yes it is the governments job

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers or you help those workers through food stamps, healthcare subsidies, housing assistance

Right now, your "referee" is making all the calls for the wealthy. It is long overdue to start making calls for struggling Americans

Poverty is a state of mind. What's the controversy here? There is not a single hard working man or woman that can't pull themselves out of poverty
You make a good point

Yea, a single person can pull himself out of poverty, but can 30 million people in poverty do it?

Are there 30 million better jobs out there? 30 million unfilled positions just waiting for someone to work harder?

The job of government is not to look at job opportunities for single workers, but to look at the environment for 30 million

No...that isn't governments job...that attitude is what creates 30 million unempoloyed people......the role of the government is to be a referee, not a job creator....

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers or you help those workers through food stamps, healthcare subsidies, housing assistance

Nope......the governments job is to make sure laws are obeyed.....to protect the Rights of individuals......when the government starts with the social welfare programs...they waste money and imprison people in the very poverty you want to help people to escape....

Conservatives trying to convince Americans that the poor being poor is the fault of the poor has been part of conservative propaganda for ages.

Yes that's true too. And rather pathetic. I mean If I were looking for a political party I would not begin to join a party with these types of people in it.

Republicans love to get voters to blame someone poorer than they are for all their ills, and along with that the Republicans will try to convince you that the Rich are your best friends,

your saviors.

We have one savior. His name is Jesus Christ

You make a good point

Nope......the governments job is to make sure laws are obeyed.....to protect the Rights of individuals......when the government starts with the social welfare programs...they waste money and imprison people in the very poverty you want to help people to escape....

They don't seem to be following your advice

Thirty years ago, our country committed itself to supply side economics. Do everything possible to help the wealthy. Low taxes, low regulation, ease workforce protections.....do that and wealth and prosperity will trickle down to everyone
They just kept the money

Your "referee" has been calling them for the other side for a generation. It is time to start doing more for working Americans

You make a good point

Thirty years ago, our country committed itself to supply side economics. Do everything possible to help the wealthy. Low taxes, low regulation, ease workforce protections.....do that and wealth and prosperity will trickle down to everyone
They just kept the money

Your "referee" has been calling them for the other side for a generation. It is time to start doing more for working Americans

And by cutting tax rates we had the biggest economic boom in recent history......millions of jobs created every year, and the greatest lifting of the poor into the middle class, including minorities.....

the wealthy and other tax payers do not keep their money in a warehouse like Scrooge McDuck, twit.....as Mark Steyn points out.....any money that Americans make gets invested through their retirement plans and their savings in banks....what is it about that process that you morons don't understand....?

You make a good point

They just kept the money

And by cutting tax rates we had the biggest economic boom in recent history......millions of jobs created every year, and the greatest lifting of the poor into the middle class, including minorities.....

the wealthy and other tax payers do not keep their money in a warehouse like Scrooge McDuck, twit.....as Mark Steyn points out.....any money that Americans make gets invested through their retirement plans and their savings in banks....what is it about that process that you morons don't understand....?
The "booms" are short lived, the tax cut lasts forever

No, the poor and middle class were not lifted. As corporations and executives saw massive increases, the workers saw their wages stagnate and benefits slashed

Crimes usually land you in prison.

Unless your name is Clinton

Or Trump?

You make a good point

They just kept the money

Or, you could say that the Clinton tax increase of 1993 created the economic boom of the nineties.

You make a good point

If the government gets out or our way, yes we can.

Your lack of faith in the people will not help you persuade them to give you power back

You make a good point

If the government gets out or our way, yes we can.

Your lack of faith in the people will not help you persuade them to give you power back
We have seen what happens when government gets out of the way

The Great Bush Resession of 2008

If you are making poverty wages you can do all the budgeting and living within your means you want and you will still be living in poverty.

If that's your MINDSET, you're 100% right, you'll be living in poverty all your life.

Do you believe that the vast majority of people live their lives in one particular income bracket?

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

It really is, seriously.

Low skilled work used to pay a wage you could support yourself on. It no longer does. Doesn't mean workers are less valuable, only that employers have more economic power over them

Not since I've been in the workforce.

I started working on a tropical fish farm when I was 13. That would have been 1957, before that I had a newspaper route for about 3 years. Minimum skills sure didn't allow you to support yourself then and it sure doesn't today.

Low skilled work used to pay a wage you could support yourself on. It no longer does. Doesn't mean workers are less valuable, only that employers have more economic power over them

Not since I've been in the workforce.

I started working on a tropical fish farm when I was 13. That would have been 1957, before that I had a newspaper route for about 3 years. Minimum skills sure didn't allow you to support yourself then and it sure doesn't today.
Guppie economics is not a solution

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?
There are 30 million people who receive government assistance

Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?

You either enact policies that encourage employers to do more for their workers

Why is it not the employee's responsibility to make themselves more valuable to the employer?
There are 30 million people who receive government assistance

Are you claiming that there are 30 million better paying jobs waiting for them?

Ever wonder what those numbers would look like if we didn't have 20-50 million illegals here?
AND
What about the millions of barely legals who won the lotto by simply dropping a silver tooth anchor on American soil?
You Loons should be proud of what you champion for...don't bitch and complain later while pushing the same bunch of bullshit...OWN IT!

Forum List

Back