Benghazi hearings...What a waste of time and money...

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I agree with Congressman Gowdy:

ON MEACHAM, EXECUTIVE EDITOR, RANDOM HOUSE: Congressman, what is the lesson that the country should take from your report?

GOWDY: That Congress does a lousy job of conducting apolitical, nonpartisan investigations and the American people deserve better.
  • Did we taxpayers really want to pay for a months-long investigation resulting in an 800 page report, the key lesson of which, as stated by the report's primary author/"owner," that Congress isn't any good at nonpartisanship? Really? Who didn't know that?
  • Who doesn't know that American voters are, as well as lousy at apolitical, nonpartisan reviews and analysis of pretty much everything, often unwilling to do so even if and when they otherwise can practice apolitical, nonpartisan behavior and thought?

Now the "million dollar" question: Will the legislators who drove and insisted on that damn investigation and insisted on it win re-election? God, I hope not. I mean really....They were told from the get-go that there was no wrongdoing that took place. What did they find? They found that no wrongdoing took place. Really? They needed 800 pages and months on end worth of hearings to tell us that? WTF for?

ON MEACHAM, EXECUTIVE EDITOR, RANDOM HOUSE: Congressman, what is the lesson that the country should take from your report?

GOWDY: That Congress does a lousy job of conducting apolitical, nonpartisan investigations and the American people deserve better.
  • Did we taxpayers really want to pay for a months-long investigation resulting in an 800 page report, the key lesson of which, as stated by the report's primary author/"owner," that Congress isn't any good at nonpartisanship? Really? Who didn't know that?
  • Who doesn't know that American voters are, as well as lousy at apolitical, nonpartisan reviews and analysis of pretty much everything, often unwilling to do so even if and when they otherwise can practice apolitical, nonpartisan behavior and thought?

Now the "million dollar" question: Will the legislators who drove and insisted on that damn investigation and insisted on it win re-election? God, I hope not. I mean really....They were told from the get-go that there was no wrongdoing that took place. What did they find? They found that no wrongdoing took place. Really? They needed 800 pages and months on end worth of hearings to tell us that? WTF for?
Trusting in a career politician is THE a waste of time and money…

Trusting in a career politician is THE a waste of time and money…

I have thoughts about that, but they are out of scope for this thread's topic, so I'll withhold them for now.

Of course Hillary's compromise of American security by her private server was uncovered as well as more habitual lying. Money well spent by any standard.

Actually the report did find wrongdoing. The problem is that nothing will come of it but more bickering.

Yo, when the Obama Administration refused to hand over proof, and everybody who testified Lies, and the Democrats on the Panel, Lying and blocking everything, no wonder it didn`t get done right! Go back in time if you want true waste of money when the Democrats had the Majority, you basically are a Stupid Puppet repeating what you hear on MSNBC!!!

"GTP"
200 (19).gif

Actually the report did find wrongdoing. The problem is that nothing will come of it but more bickering.

Yeah but the wrongdoing pails in comparison of what the Republicans were promising. They promised they would find bodies instead they found weak shit and want to shrug and say "Same thing"

Cutting to the chase, I say Liberals care little of how corrupt our leaders are. They care only that no one upsets their apple cart of receiving subsidized insurance, abortion on demand, and whatever other freebies a corrupted politician can provide them. They even turn a deaf ear to the military men and women who will be forced to serve under a corrupt Commander-in-Chief while knowing they themselves will never be called upon to defend the homeland. Most would readily surrender when the first shot is fired.

Of course Hillary's compromise of American security by her private server was uncovered as well as more habitual lying. Money well spent by any standard.

While I agree with your statement - that it was money well spent - even after she has been proven repeatedly to have compromised Classified Information - and the FBI being well aware of that - nothing will come from it. Politicians do not answer for their crimes. so, from that perspective, it was a waste of money.

Had it been you or I that had behaved that way with State Secrets - we would already be occupying a cell in Leavenworth. Hillary? No way.

Cutting to the chase, I say Liberals care little of how corrupt our leaders are. They care only that no one upsets their apple cart of receiving subsidized insurance, abortion on demand, and whatever other freebies a corrupted politician can provide them. They even turn a deaf ear to the military men and women who will be forced to serve under a corrupt Commander-in-Chief while knowing they themselves will never be called upon to defend the homeland. Most would readily surrender when the first shot is fired.

Liberal ISIS supporters celebrate the corruption in our government. It means that we are closer to collapse - exactly what they have been looking for.

Yeah but the wrongdoing pails in comparison of what the Republicans were promising. They promised they would find bodies instead they found weak shit and want to shrug and say "Same thing"
Uh huh. What Hillary did pales in comparison to what some Republican said! After all, it's not like Hillary killed Christopher Steven herself, all she did was laugh off his requests for more security. Sure, republicans said something or other but that is way worse than Hillary ignoring reports from Benghazi security officer who said people will die if changes are not made to security. She didn't act on those changes. People died. Yes, Closed Caption, clearly it is worse what republicans said about it, than what Hillary did and didn't do about it.

Could you point out the corruption the Republicans couldn't find in eleventy investgaions?

Uh huh. What Hillary did pales in comparison to what some Republican said! After all, it's not like Hillary killed Christopher Steven herself, all she did was laugh off his requests for more security. Sure, republicans said something or other but that is way worse than Hillary ignoring reports from Benghazi security officer who said people will die if changes are not made to security. She didn't act on those changes. People died. Yes, Closed Caption, clearly it is worse what republicans said about it, than what Hillary did and didn't do about it.

You want to hold Hillary responsible for attacks that had nothing to do with her. That's funny. If only they had more security...everywhere no attacks would ever happen. AWESOME!

Dead bodies? Exactly how many did you want,? Four, including an ambassador and three brave fighting men weren't enough?

I got it. What difference does it make, right?

Dead bodies? Exactly how many did you want,? Four, including an ambassador and three brave fighting men weren't enough?

You're going to have to present why and how this is Hillary's fault instead of just going "OMG OMG"

Could you point out the corruption the Republicans couldn't find in eleventy investgaions?

I was speaking generally. There is definitely mass corruption in using one's office as Secretary of State to shake down foreign governments and corporations for donations to a family foundation.

You're going to have to present why and how this is Hillary's fault instead of just going "OMG OMG"
Like, I so don't do OMG. I am no millennial.

So, four bodies not enough for you?

I was speaking generally. There is definitely mass corruption in using one's office as Secretary of State to shake down foreign governments and corporations for donations to a family foundation.

Everytime someone asks for specifics of what you claim you respond with back peddling. Do you see why your complaints fall flat?

Forum List

Back