Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

What did you care more about this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if I had to choose between Benghazi and the birth certificate thing, maybe this has more validity, but the birth certificate seems to have more staying power. But anyone that knows the history of embassies, know they are fair game for attacks, and all the precautions in the world may not save some from an attack. Countries have even tried to work out a way to save embassies in the event of a war, and its not with a platoon of marines.
How many embassy attacks were there, in just the Bush administration? Embassies can be a hazardous assignment.

NaziCons need a boogeyman...

So the Obama Administration screws the pooch and we're the ones at fault?

:eusa_eh:

No, the terrorists are at fault.

Unless you really want to have an open discussion about who dropped the ball ahead of 9-11.

The problem with terrorism is we have to get it right, every time.

They just have to get it right once.

How many ambassadors were murdered under Bush?

My point was that attacks on embassies are not that uncommon, it was not the number of ambassadors killed under Bush.
As for the deaths what about Counsels or even clerks? In any case it looks like five ambassadors have been killed since 1968, three under Republican presidents. But my point was that attacks on embassies are not that uncommon.

With all respect, Regent it's been 30 years since the last Ambassador was killed. You make it sound commonplace and it isn't. Benghazi was a major win we "gave" to the terrorists.

To the best of my knowledge no other US Ambassador has ever been killed at an American embassy or consulate.

With all respect, Regent it's been 30 years since the last Ambassador was killed. You make it sound commonplace and it isn't. Benghazi was a major win we "gave" to the terrorists.

"USA Today" reports the State Department office of the historian has reported five U.S. ambassadors killed since 1968. While the killing of ambassadors may not be that commonplace attacks on embassies are not that rare. In 2011 there were nine attacks on embassies, and six so far this year. Might want to check it out.

Benghazi. Maybe Im off, but it just seems that most people just DONT CARE!

The far right is trying desperately to push this as the downfall of Obama.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

Give it up. It aint stickin'.

So you don't care that you were deliberately lied to in order to get Obama re-elected? You don't think you deserve to get the truth about the attack and who did it? You don't think the families of the slain have a right to know the truth? I'm guessing you would be howling in anger if a repub did this, but since it's Obama it's OK? You are one ideological son of a bitch.

I don't care either and I'm not a liberal. I don't care because this is the fucking shit we get for placing ourselves on lands we have no business being on.

Nice lie, liar.

The last Ambassador killed was under another Democrap...Carter. That's 1 in the last few decades where Republicans have dominated the White House more than you scum.

None but there were twelve embassy attacks and 60 people murdered under Bush. And there has been five other US ambassadors murdered in terrorist attacks in last few decades.

Nice lie, liar.

The last Ambassador killed was under another Democrap...Carter. That's 1 in the last few decades where Republicans have dominated the White House more than you scum.

None but there were twelve embassy attacks and 60 people murdered under Bush. And there has been five other US ambassadors murdered in terrorist attacks in last few decades.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing.

An attack on an Embassy could be someone lobbing rocks over a fence.

Keep trying to excuse your black messiah getting his Ambassador killed, I'm sure the family appreciates you writing off his life as "ho hum."

Oh, a Congressman from SC today said they are conducting a MURDER INVESTIGATION, it's not just a fucking attack you piece of shit. They will drag Obamination in front of them under oath before this is over....

"USA Today" reports the State Department office of the historian has reported five U.S. ambassadors killed since 1968. While the killing of ambassadors may not be that commonplace attacks on embassies are not that rare. In 2011 there were nine attacks on embassies, and six so far this year. Might want to check it out.

Keep trying to excuse your black messiah getting his Ambassador killed, I'm sure the family appreciates you writing off his life as "ho hum."

Oh, a Congressman from SC today said they are conducting a MURDER INVESTIGATION, it's not just a fucking attack you piece of shit. They will drag Obamination in front of them under oath before this is over....

...You're a hostile little kook aren't you?

Well let's see, asswipe.

Carter was POTUS back in the 70s and it is 2012....that is a few decades.

So Carter had 1 killed and congrats your Obamination got 1 killed too. Hmmm, that is 2 out of 3 Democraps in the White House that have killed US Ambassadors....not a good track record.

Clinton got lucky no Ambassador died with the AQ attacks on US Embassies in Africa that he ignored...and motivated UBL to pull off 9-11.

Nice lie, liar.

Yeah... I honestly don't care about anything you have to say.

Well let's see, asswipe.

So Carter had 1 killed and congrats your Obamination got 1 killed too. Hmmm, that is 2 out of 3 Democraps in the White House that have killed US Ambassadors....not a good track record.

Clinton got lucky no Ambassador died with the AQ attacks on US Embassies in Africa that he ignored...and motivated UBL to pull off 9-11.

Nice lie, liar.

Quick post, Obama & Co are going to get a kick in the head over this. Perhaps a fatal kick.

Nah, I just hate inferior, stupid scum like you.

...You're a hostile little kook aren't you?

Judging your low IQ, you took that same strategy in grade school and following in life too.

Well let's see, asswipe.

Well let's see, asswipe.

He is the human equivalent to a car wreck

It is a risk putting embassies in some countries. Some countries are unable or unwilling to defend the embassy and we usually cannot put enough troops there for an adequate defense. Embassies are largely dependent on the host nation for their well being, our marines are primarily for show sort of like the flag. The State Department must make a judgement call when putting an embassy in some risky nations and many factors go into that decision. Look at what happened with Carter and our embassy in Iran.

Forum List

Back