Benghazi outrage? How about the 26,000 sexual assaults amongst the US military?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Its a widely reported story. No, not Benghazi. But the 26,000.....yes, 26 THOUSAND incidents of sexual assault within our US military, and many by military members on non-military members. One I read about was the Air Force's officer in charge of the program to bring awareness to sexual assault victims when he was drunk in a DC parking garage and tried to fondle an unwilling female.

We hear the Republican outrage about Benghazi. Daily. And it's turning out to be a 'cry wolf' incident. But, do we hear about the HUGE problem of rape in the US military from them? No. Silence. 4 dead embassy workers in Benghazi??? Story of the decade to them. 26,000 sexual assaults by member of our military? No big deal. Article I read in today's Post and Courier (Charleston, home to a huge USAF base) said that the politicians are mostly silent on this.

When police officers break the law, its front page new. We hear how they're "all" corrupt. We hear "They're supposed to uphold the law, not break it". Well, our military people take the same damn oath. They uphold the Constitution as well. In times of emergency, disaster, or domestic war, they'd be policing us under martial law. We should have the same standards to root out and expose their bad apples as well., But nothing. Silence.

Even Lindsey Graham, who is active in the Air Force Reserve, is mostly silent on this, BUT, he'll spend his entire damn year of work whining about Benghazi.

What a joke. Meanwhile, more military rapes will go by the wayside in the unseen courts of military law, and be glossed over by the eyes of a commanding officer who has other shit to worry about.

Its a widely reported story. No, not Benghazi. But the 26,000.....yes, 26 THOUSAND incidents of sexual assault within our US military, and many by military members on non-military members. One I read about was the Air Force's officer in charge of the program to bring awareness to sexual assault victims when he was drunk in a DC parking garage and tried to fondle an unwilling female.

We hear the Republican outrage about Benghazi. Daily. And it's turning out to be a 'cry wolf' incident. But, do we hear about the HUGE problem of rape in the US military from them? No. Silence. 4 dead embassy workers in Benghazi??? Story of the decade to them. 26,000 sexual assaults by member of our military? No big deal. Article I read in today's Post and Courier (Charleston, home to a huge USAF base) said that the politicians are mostly silent on this.

When police officers break the law, its front page new. We hear how they're "all" corrupt. We hear "They're supposed to uphold the law, not break it". Well, our military people take the same damn oath. They uphold the Constitution as well. In times of emergency, disaster, or domestic war, they'd be policing us under martial law. We should have the same standards to root out and expose their bad apples as well., But nothing. Silence.

Even Lindsey Graham, who is active in the Air Force Reserve, is mostly silent on this, BUT, he'll spend his entire damn year of work whining about Benghazi.

What a joke. Meanwhile, more military rapes will go by the wayside in the unseen courts of military law, and be glossed over by the eyes of a commanding officer who has other shit to worry about.

Yes, but if most on the right can’t lie about it and contrive a controversy where none exists to fuel their pathetic fantasy of ‘impeaching’ Obama, they’re not interested.

For any military guys who read this, Im not knocking the military. I HATE when I read about a cop getting arrested. It smears the entire profession. 95% good ones, image ruined by the 5% assholes, ego trippers and flat out criminals who get a badge.

Well, I respect our military so much, I apply that same logic. Get the bad apples out. Those men and women deserve a sparkling image, and the bad apples ruin it.

The GOP would better spend it's energy on THAT than trying to simply find a way to topple Obama. How about tying Obama to morale problems within the military that may be causing some of this loss of discipline?

For any military guys who read this, Im not knocking the military. I HATE when I read about a cop getting arrested. It smears the entire profession. 95% good ones, image ruined by the 5% assholes, ego trippers and flat out criminals who get a badge.

Well, I respect our military so much, I apply that same logic. Get the bad apples out. Those men and women deserve a sparkling image, and the bad apples ruin it.

The GOP would better spend it's energy on THAT than trying to simply find a way to topple Obama. How about tying Obama to morale problems within the military that may be causing some of this loss of discipline?

Oh please this is just more faux outrage from a fake former republican....Prosecute them.....hang them, I'm ok with that.....what's the argument?

Not only that he shown that America needs to bow down and show weakness to the Islamic world. They attacked 2 other embassies when we did.

idiocy.

Prosecute any sexual predator in the military, under UCMJ... you won't get a fucking argument from any conservative on that...

So your point is???

Did the President of the United States tell anyone to stand down while those rapes took place? Because he sure did when the US Ambassador was being raped in streets of Benghazi prior to his murder!

Was there anyone in the whole country that didn't know this was going to happen? When they started putting women in men's units there was a huge discussion about it.

Obama holding off rescuers of comrades in arms in distress does plenty to destroy morale.

Yep,

Obama shown that he doesn't give a damn about our people under attack. Wtf is wrong with you people?

You cant blame Obama , he was too busy preparing himself for his big day in Vegas. Not the lives of our Ambassador. How dare you blame Obama (sarcasm)

Yes, but if most on the right can’t lie about it and contrive a controversy where none exists to fuel their pathetic fantasy of ‘impeaching’ Obama, they’re not interested.

What does the right have to do with sexual misconduct in the military?

Obama is the Commander In Chief. He has more to do with the military than we do. Why don't you fucken ask him.

Prosecute any sexual predator in the military, under UCMJ... you won't get a fucking argument from any conservative on that...

So your point is???

It's just another transparent liberal attempt at deflection. If their savior was caught red handed embezzling the entire defense budget they would be asking "what about the price of tea in China?"

Can you provide a source for this? The time frame when these acts occurred would be helpful, indeed, the article you are referring to may provide some important information about this issue you raise. Unfortunately, I do not see a link if you did post it.

Thanks in advance.

So it's about numbers?
:eusa_eh:

Just the fact that we know that there's 26thousand cases tells me that they're being handled through the UCMJ and charges are being filed and actions are taking place.

Can we say the same about the Perjury to the American people committed by the Sate Dept and/or Executive branch?

Forum List

Back