Bergdahl smearer already had OTH discharge...

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Somehow, I think that for the "Bergdahl is a Traitor" crowd, this is not going to go very well...

This dude:

former Army Sgt. Josh Korder (who served with Bergdahl), the one who railed on Bergdahl as a traitor, received an OTH discharge from the military.

Korder is the same guy who started the "6 guys died" lie that has since then been debunked.

OTH stands for "other than honorable"

MN Soldier Speaks Out Against Freed POW Bowe Bergdahl « CBS Minnesota

Korder did sign a nondisclosure agreement about this situation. His family told WCCO he knows the risk he’s taking by talking.

Korder was recently discharged, which was listed as “other than honorable.”

And BTW, who organized these Bergdahl critics?

Why, none other than former Bush administration official, then later, a Romney foreign policy advisor/strategist Richard Grennell. Yes, that Richard Grenell, whom Romney dropped like a hot potato when it came out that Grenell was gay and the religious Right went into holy holy spasms.

Cody Full, one of the soldiers quoted in the New York Times and other stories, tweeted yesterday about Grenell: “I want to thank @richardgrenell for helping get our platoon’s story out.” Grenell retweeted the tweet, calling Full a “true American hero.”

This is the definition of "other than honorable discharge"

Military Justice 101 - Part 3, Enlisted Administrative Separations

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions.

OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

It is generally believed that an OTH Discharge will render an individual ineligible for all VA Benefits. This is not necessarily so. The Department of Veterans Affairs will make its own determination with respect as to whether the OTH was based on conditions which would forfeit any or all VA benefits...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, CNN decided to interview a dude who was already dishonorably discharged to speak about Bergdahl. Isn't that kind of like a whore being interviewed for celibacy advocacy?

Nosiree, nothing partisan about #Bergdahlghazi at all, folks. Nosiree.... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow, I think that for the "Bergdahl is a Traitor" crowd, this is not going to go very well...

This dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ZLcv9nqWI

former Army Sgt. Josh Korder (who served with Bergdahl), the one who railed on Bergdahl as a traitor, received an OTH discharge from the military.

Korder is the same guy who started the "6 guys died" lie that has since then been debunked.

Korder did sign a nondisclosure agreement about this situation. His family told WCCO he knows the risk he’s taking by talking.

Why, none other than former Bush administration official, then later, a Romney foreign policy advisor/strategist Richard Grennell. Yes, that Richard Grenell, whom Romney dropped like a hot potato when it came out that Grenell was gay and the religious Right went into holy holy spasms.

Cody Full, one of the soldiers quoted in the New York Times and other stories, tweeted yesterday about Grenell: “I want to thank @richardgrenell for helping get our platoon’s story out.” Grenell retweeted the tweet, calling Full a “true American hero.”

OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

It is generally believed that an OTH Discharge will render an individual ineligible for all VA Benefits. This is not necessarily so. The Department of Veterans Affairs will make its own determination with respect as to whether the OTH was based on conditions which would forfeit any or all VA benefits...

So, CNN decided to interview a dude who was already dishonorably discharged to speak about Bergdahl. Isn't that kind of like a whore being interviewed for celibacy advocacy?

Nosiree, nothing partisan about #Bergdahlghazi at all, folks. Nosiree.... :eusa_whistle:

The OTH discharge is reported to be because he is gay.

• Banned

This dude:

Got a link for that?

A document?

This dude:

Got a link for that?

A document?

Could be correct.

Maybe he was hitting on Bowe, which is why he is pissed.

:dunno:

• Banned

Got a link for that?

A document?

Could be correct.

I'm not even going there.

Would love to see the link, however...

Because as we have seen so often, Righties love to spread rumors and then get hit on the head with facts.

It's real simple: either that part of the CBS report is factually correct, or it is a lie. If it is correct, and I bet it is, then there must be a reason as to why former Sergeant Korder was discharged, and dishonorably at that.

So, the Right, which screams MURKAH, MURKAH, MURKAH, rah rah rah, USA, USA, USA, now rallies behind a dude who was dishonorably discharged to make a partisan case against a dude who is still active duty.

Why does the Right hate the US military so much?

Why does the Right have no respect for the rule of law?

It is heart-breaking to see this once great Movement turn into a band of yahoos.

Got a link for that?

A document?

Could be correct.

Because as we have seen so often, Righties love to spread rumors and then get hit on the head with facts.

It's real simple: either that part of the CBS report is factually correct, or it is a lie. If it is correct, and I bet it is, then there must be a reason as to why former Sergeant Korder was discharged, and dishonorably at that.

So, the Right, which screams MURKAH, MURKAH, MURKAH, rah rah rah, USA, USA, USA, now rallies behind a dude who was dishonorably discharged to make a partisan case against a dude who is still active duty.

It is heart-breaking to see this once great Movement turn into a band of yahoos.

I'll try to find a link, but Other Than Honorable is NOT "Dishonorable." I read he was gay.

Got a link for that?

A document?

Could be correct.

The right don't hate the military..they hate the vets.

Vets are expensive. They require that you actually fulfill the obligations that were promised to them when they joined up.

So when they aren't making up fantasies about them, like Pat Tillman, they are bashing them.

And look who they get "behind"..

Trump?

Robertson?

Bundy?

Most of their leading politicians are jokes.

My, they are desperate.

I agree, despite my questions about those attacking him, this isn't a valid reason to discount the fellow soldier's report.

Why? The dude has a dishonorable discharge. That doesn't make him particularly trustworthy.

No. It means that he didn't follow orders or broke some military rule or regulation. It doesn't automatically make him a liar. As a matter of fact, considering the way the military is being fucked up by Obama, he may be more honest than the yes-men he has running the place. If he got an OTH, it used to be called a bad conduct discharge, which is not dishonorable.

I agree, despite my questions about those attacking him, this isn't a valid reason to discount the fellow soldier's report.

Why? The dude has a dishonorable discharge. That doesn't make him particularly trustworthy.

No. It means that he didn't follow orders or broke some military rule or regulation. It doesn't automatically make him a liar. As a matter of fact, considering the way the military is being fucked up by Obama, he may be more honest than the yes-men he has running the place. If he got an OTH, it used to be called a bad conduct discharge, which is not dishonorable.

Thank you, I believe you are correct. I have read that he was gay, also read "didn't pay child support" OTH has little impact on his veracity, ether way.

It is treated with almost exactly the same discharge conditions, and you know that quite well.

Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

Hope & Change is nothing but a slogan.

It is treated with almost exactly the same discharge conditions, and you know that quite well.

Actually, I don't.

In some cases, he retains his benefits if he submits his case to a review.

A dishonorable doesn't, and often does time in Leavenworth.

Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

Link to the trial and conviction of said "terrorists"?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, what kind of a country have we become, indeed.

Imagine that fucker giving the enemy 1,500 missiles for prisoners... that fucker!

Oh, wait, Ronald Reagan did EXACTLY that:

The Iran-Contra Affair . Reagan . WGBH American Experience | PBS

In 1985, while Iran and Iraq were at war, Iran made a secret request to buy weapons from the United States. McFarlane sought Reagan's approval, in spite of the embargo against selling arms to Iran. McFarlane explained that the sale of arms would not only improve U.S. relations with Iran, but might in turn lead to improved relations with Lebanon, increasing U.S. influence in the troubled Middle East. Reagan was driven by a different obsession. He had become frustrated at his inability to secure the release of the seven American hostages being held by Iranian terrorists in Lebanon. As president, Reagan felt that "he had the duty to bring those Americans home," and he convinced himself that he was not negotiating with terrorists. While shipping arms to Iran violated the embargo, dealing with terrorists violated Reagan's campaign promise never to do so. Reagan had always been admired for his honesty.

The arms-for-hostages proposal divided the administration. Longtime policy adversaries Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and Secretary of State George Shultz opposed the deal, but Reagan, McFarlane and CIA director William Casey supported it. With the backing of the president, the plan progressed. By the time the sales were discovered, more than 1,500 missiles had been shipped to Iran. Three hostages had been released, only to be replaced with three more, in what Secretary of State George Shultz called "a hostage bazaar."

When the Lebanese newspaper "Al-Shiraa" printed an exposé on the clandestine activities in November 1986, Reagan went on television and vehemently denied that any such operation had occurred. He retracted the statement a week later, insisting that the sale of weapons had not been an arms-for-hostages deal.

Yes, culture of corruption, indeed....

This is just another attempt to discredit critics of the administration with respect to one of the most heinous acts in US history.

BTW, at this moment our borders are being flooded with illegals hoping to gain amnesty under Obama's screwed up EOs.

We have a president that doesn't obey the law.

At this point anything is possible. He seems to be capable of anything. No act seems beneath him.

Last edited:

Link to the trial and conviction of said "terrorists"?

Thanks in advance.

Obama halted all trials when he took office.

So STFU Swallow.

This is just another attempt to discredit critics of the administration with respect to one of the most heinous acts in US history.

At this moment our borders are being flooded with illegals hoping to gain amnesty under Obama's screwed up EOs.

We have a president that doesn't obey the law.

At this point anything is possible. He seems to be capable of anything. No act seems beneath him.

Well, that's the great thing about the 1st amendment. It allows you to say bullshit and it allows me to laugh at it.

Then it allows me to say my bullshit and it allows you to laugh at it.

Now, keep breathing!

:D

Forum List

Back