Bergdahl smearer already had OTH discharge...

I agree, despite my questions about those attacking him, this isn't a valid reason to discount the fellow soldier's report.

Why? The dude has a dishonorable discharge. That doesn't make him particularly trustworthy.

No. It means that he didn't follow orders or broke some military rule or regulation. It doesn't automatically make him a liar. As a matter of fact, considering the way the military is being fucked up by Obama, he may be more honest than the yes-men he has running the place. If he got an OTH, it used to be called a bad conduct discharge, which is not dishonorable.

Obama isn't the guy who lowered the standards to take criminals and near-morons who couldn't pass the ASVAB.

Obama isn't the guy who got the whole military hooked on Go/No Go pills.

Obama isn't the guy who kept recycling the same National Guard units through four deployments in the war zone.

Obama isn't the guy who got us into a war over weapons that didn't exist, resulting in 5000 deaths and 32,000 injuries.

That would be your boy, Bush.

Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

Hope & Change is nothing but a slogan.

Link to the trial and conviction of said "terrorists"?

Thanks in advance.

Obama halted all trials when he took office.

So STFU Swallow.

Bush had seven years to try some of these guys, and didn't.

Mostly because after you torture people, you really can't put them on trial.

Personally, I think this is about as corrupt as you can get, when you try to pull a stunt like this. Releasing 5 terrorists so they can go back to murdering and terrorizing, in exchange for a terrorist collaborator, and trying to keep it all quiet so you can get a decent photo-op and get the VA scandal off of the headlines.

The reported intimidation being exerted on former members of Bergdahls unit is disgraceful. What kind of country have we become?

What "reported intimidation"?

Seems to me these Yardbirds are pretty much shooting off their mouths to any Faux News or Hate Radio station that will have them.

And then we find out they couldn't even meet the lowered standards of Bush's Army.

Seems to me these Yardbirds are pretty much shooting off their mouths to any Faux News or Hate Radio station that will have them.

And then we find out they couldn't even meet the lowered standards of Bush's Army.

"Yardbirds".

:lol:

Who's they?

I heard about only one got a OTH discharge, not all of them.

Are you making shit up again Joe?:badgrin:

Even if this guy has no credibility, there are plenty of others who say Bergdahl deserted, plus of course other evidence.

Why? The dude has a dishonorable discharge. That doesn't make him particularly trustworthy.

No. It means that he didn't follow orders or broke some military rule or regulation. It doesn't automatically make him a liar. As a matter of fact, considering the way the military is being fucked up by Obama, he may be more honest than the yes-men he has running the place. If he got an OTH, it used to be called a bad conduct discharge, which is not dishonorable.

Obama isn't the guy who lowered the standards to take criminals and near-morons who couldn't pass the ASVAB.

Obama isn't the guy who got the whole military hooked on Go/No Go pills.

Obama isn't the guy who kept recycling the same National Guard units through four deployments in the war zone.

Obama isn't the guy who got us into a war over weapons that didn't exist, resulting in 5000 deaths and 32,000 injuries.

That would be your boy, Bush.

Terrible, just terrible.

The horror.....the horror.......

Seems Obama likes to double-down on everything Bush did, because he has a ready made excuse.

Even if this guy has no credibility, there are plenty of others who say Bergdahl deserted, plus of course other evidence.

Hearsay has no legal hands or feet. You do realize that, right?

That being said, if a military tribunal finds Bowe Bergdahl guilty of a crime, then that it their job to do, not mine, and not yours.

And I would support their decision because I support the US military and I believe in the rule of law.

Who's they?

did you read Hasting's article in Rolling Stone?

It's pretty enlightening.

Here are some of the highlights.

In early June, after photographs taken by Sean Smith appeared in The Guardian, Bowe's unit got reamed out by its commander for its lack of discipline. Bowe's squad leader, Sgt. Greg Leatherman, was demoted, and two other sergeants in the squad were reassigned. According to Fancey, one was made "a gate guard for the rest of the deployment." As often happens in the Army, senior officers were going unpunished for screw-ups like the MRAP mission, while lower-ranking men paid the price for minor infractions.

The discipline problems that had plagued Bowe's unit back home only got worse when immersed in the fog of war. From the start, everything seemed to go wrong. In April, Lt. Fancey was removed from his post for clashing with a superior officer. He was replaced by Sgt. 1st Class Larry Hein, who had never held such a command – a move that left the remote outpost with no officers. According to four soldiers in the battalion, the removal of Fancey was quickly followed by a collapse in unit morale and an almost complete breakdown of authority.

By the time the month long training session ended, the platoon was so notorious for screwing up that it had become a convenient scapegoat. At the firing range one day, another company failed to bring ammunition, and Bowe's unit took the flak. "We were heckled and blamed for not being prepared," Fancey wrote. "All said and done, NTC was an eye-opener and a bit of a disappointing one, at that."

Who's they?

did you read Hasting's article in Rolling Stone?

It's pretty enlightening.

Here are some of the highlights.

In early June, after photographs taken by Sean Smith appeared in The Guardian, Bowe's unit got reamed out by its commander for its lack of discipline. Bowe's squad leader, Sgt. Greg Leatherman, was demoted, and two other sergeants in the squad were reassigned. According to Fancey, one was made "a gate guard for the rest of the deployment." As often happens in the Army, senior officers were going unpunished for screw-ups like the MRAP mission, while lower-ranking men paid the price for minor infractions.

The discipline problems that had plagued Bowe's unit back home only got worse when immersed in the fog of war. From the start, everything seemed to go wrong. In April, Lt. Fancey was removed from his post for clashing with a superior officer. He was replaced by Sgt. 1st Class Larry Hein, who had never held such a command – a move that left the remote outpost with no officers. According to four soldiers in the battalion, the removal of Fancey was quickly followed by a collapse in unit morale and an almost complete breakdown of authority.

By the time the month long training session ended, the platoon was so notorious for screwing up that it had become a convenient scapegoat. At the firing range one day, another company failed to bring ammunition, and Bowe's unit took the flak. "We were heckled and blamed for not being prepared," Fancey wrote. "All said and done, NTC was an eye-opener and a bit of a disappointing one, at that."

Well, now you did it. You made their eyes glaze over with hard and fast information.

They will never be the same, thanks to you!

:D

Hearsay has no legal hands or feet. You do realize that, right?

That being said, if a military tribunal finds Bowe Bergdahl guilty of a crime, then that it their job to do, not mine, and not yours.

And I would support their decision because I support the US military and I believe in the rule of law.

its amazing you have the time to type these posts, considering all the time you spend having this administration's dick deep-throating your mouth.

Slurp Slurp Slurp.

[

Terrible, just terrible.

Seems Obama likes to double-down on everything Bush did, because he has a ready made excuse.

Or basic rule of life, fixing things is a lot harder than breaking things.

Bush had 8 years to fuck up, well, just about everything. The economy, the military, America's reputation around the world.

Obama's had 5 to fix them, and I'll be perfectly honest, I think he lacks some of the managerial skills to do a lot of them. We'd have been vastly better served had Hillary won in 2008 and brought in Bill and the people who knew what they were doing.

But Jesus, you guys all like to pretend this man didn't inherit a hot mess in Jan 2009.

628x4711.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
[

Terrible, just terrible.

Or basic rule of life, fixing things is a lot harder than breaking things.

Bush had 8 years to fuck up, well, just about everything. The economy, the military, America's reputation around the world.

Obama's had 5 to fix them, and I'll be perfectly honest, I think he lacks some of the managerial skills to do a lot of them. We'd have been vastly better served had Hillary won in 2008 and brought in Bill and the people who knew what they were doing.

But Jesus, you guys all like to pretend this man didn't inherit a hot mess in Jan 2009.

That is no excuse.

How many times has a president inherited a mess from the previous administration. Bush inherited a mess from Clinton. The recession Obama inherited ended a few months into his first term yet we have had what they call a "Jobless Recovery". We are much worse off in too many ways to count, than we were before Obama took office.

Got a link for that?

A document?

Could be correct.

Maybe he was hitting on Bowe, which is why he is pissed.

:dunno:

I'm not even going there.

Would love to see the link, however...

Because as we have seen so often, Righties love to spread rumors and then get hit on the head with facts.

It's real simple: either that part of the CBS report is factually correct, or it is a lie. If it is correct, and I bet it is, then there must be a reason as to why former Sergeant Korder was discharged, and dishonorably at that.

So, the Right, which screams MURKAH, MURKAH, MURKAH, rah rah rah, USA, USA, USA, now rallies behind a dude who was dishonorably discharged to make a partisan case against a dude who is still active duty.

Why does the Right hate the US military so much?

Why does the Right have no respect for the rule of law?

It is heart-breaking to see this once great Movement turn into a band of yahoos.

In the last 24 hours I have been termed both a "dimcrat _____" (Edgetho) and one of the Right. I must be a "radical Centrist". The facts is, I want more than accusations to discredit Bergdahl, but think the same applies to those attacking him. The involvement of Grenell is enough to raise questions in my mind about the attackers. Still, years later two opposing views can both be correct, in the mind of each individual. The facts are are not yet established. I BELIEVE, repeat, believe, do not know, the evidence thus far points to existing mental health problems with Bergdahl, long before he turned up in the hands of radical Islamic extremists.

[

That is no excuse.

How many times has a president inherited a mess from the previous administration. Bush inherited a mess from Clinton.

No, guy. He didn't inherit a "mess". He inherited peace, prosperity, budget surpluses, low unemployment, strong economic growth. and he manged to find ways to fuck all those things up.

[
The recession Obama inherited ended a few months into his first term yet we have had what they call a "Jobless Recovery". We are much worse off in too many ways to count, than we were before Obama took office.

No, we are really not. Now, I can understand, being a Government Welfare Queen, you aren't out here in the REAL economy. but yeah, where we were at in 2008 and 2009 and where we are at now, we are in vastly better shape now.

A guy in my battery was discharged with "other than honorable" because he had 5 kids and was only 23, no twins. His wife was falling apart and he wasn't in the military long enough for an honorable.

Forum List

Back