Bergdahl

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
The sergeant is going to a general court martial, which could offer death or life imprisonment as the ultimate punishments. I think this decision was made by the General Convening Authority because Bergdahl spoke publicly. Bad choice, imo.

The Article 32 officer recommended a Special BCD court martial, which would have resulted in a Bad Conduct Discharge, loss of all pay (and GI and VA benefits), and six months in the brig, which would have been already served. In other words, Bergdahl would be sent home a free man with a shattered life.

The Article 32 officers and others involved with those proceedings are going to testify for Bergdahl.

Oh, yes: I was stunned that Judge Naplitano on Fox & Friends this morning displayed real ignorance in terms of how an Article 32 proceeding worked. For one thing, the Investigating Officer is never titled or addressed as a "Judge." The IO's job is to investigate and make recommendations.

Had he kept his mouth shut he would have been okay. He started spouting off bragging about deserting because he felt like Jason Bourne.

Had he kept his mouth shut he would have been okay. He started spouting off bragging about deserting because he felt like Jason Bourne.
Exactly right. If he had kept his mouth shut to the criminal investigators and to the IO, he simply would have gone home. With his benefits. And I hate that idea. A GCM may give him five years, if that.

Shoot the deserter
Many feel as you do, Econchick.
Save it, Fake. You're long on accusations and mighty short on proof. Further evidence you're a left loon.
You are the one who loves socks. You are not alone, though. You never captured RouteIrish, you never briefed the Joint Chiefs, you were never a ph.d. student in economics, and so on. You are the ultimate fake and flake, as the entire board well knows.

Shoot the deserter
Many feel as you do, Econchick.
Save it, Fake. You're long on accusations and mighty short on proof. Further evidence you're a left loon.
You are the one who loves socks. You are not alone, though. You never captured RouteIrish, you never briefed the Joint Chiefs, you were never a ph.d. student in economics, and so on. You are the ultimate fake and flake, as the entire board well knows.

I said prove it, flapping your pie hole isn't proof. Don't you realize how stupid you look? Now chop chop, boy

The big question is...

Will Obama give him a pardon, or just commute any possible sentence?

Heard an apt analogy today.

If FDR trader five captured German Field Marshals for one American enlisted man during WWII, the uproar would have been enormous and probably would have resulted in him being removed from office.

BO did this and yet, no uproar.

The big question is...

Will Obama give him a pardon, or just commute any possible sentence?
Don't think he will touch it.

General Abrams (I met him when he was a Captain in the 1/8 Cav almost thirty years ago at Ft Hood) is the Forces Command six. He is a four star, and he won't tolerate interference from the President or the Joint Chiefs on this.

Bergdahl made it personal, imo, for Abrams with the former's interview in "Serial" released a few days ago.

Forum List

Back