Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"

i agree with you. they are silly. you make the scum look ridiculous when you let them talk and shine light on them. but when they don't let others talk, they're no better than the rightwingnut scum who harassed the dixie chicks.

You forgot burning a vehicle and tearing down police barricades. Why were these masked adults not arrested before they ever got close to the event?
BPD: Few injuries, extensive property damage, but no ... - Berkeleyside
www.berkeleyside.com/.../berkeley-police-injuries-extensive-property-damage-no-arr...
Feb 2, 2017 - Property damage in downtown Berkeley after the Milo event was canceled. .... Early estimates of damage at UC Berkeley are at approximately ..... turn what was a non-violent protest into a violent riot, discredit the protestors, then disappear. .... because the police never seem to arrest the actualvandals.

"Later in the night, the agitators rampaged through downtown Berkeley, damaging numerous banks, a Starbucks, and branches of other national chains. John Caner, head of the Downtown Berkeley Association, said there was an estimated $400,000-$500,000 worth of damage to downtown. There was also some vandalism on Telegraph Avenue, including graffiti, according to Stuart Baker, head of the Telegraph Business Improvement District, but it was relatively minor."

FBI investigating identities of black-clad UC Berkeley rioters — Berkeleyside

Peaceful protests don't cause $400-$500K worth of damage, riots do.
Anarchist a-holes, not Dems. And blown out off all proportion so most of the dupes think it it's a nationwide nonstop riot lol...not just crazy anarchists and gangstas...

Including GRAFFITTI!!! Stupid a-holes Dems are against too...like your Nazis, militias etc out destroying Lewish cemeteries and back churches etc etc. Both sides should condemn and fight these a-holes instead of just trying to make political points. Especially the giant RW hate/bs propaganda machine. Which we don't have.

It's been nationwide nonstop riots since Obama's 2nd term started. That's his legacy, more riots in 4 years than the previous 40.

Well, Ann Coulter's not going to Berkeley now, the police there were told to stand down unless someone got killed. I would not want to be a citizen in that city.

That is not Obama's legacy.

Not to a far left drone..

Yet he set silently as violence erupted..

Even sent in criminals with the wording of No justice No peace.

Further proof why the far left should be in charge of anything!

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

i agree with you. they are silly. you make the scum look ridiculous when you let them talk and shine light on them. but when they don't let others talk, they're no better than the rightwingnut scum who harassed the dixie chicks.

Yet another far left drone come in and runs the new religious mantra, next they will not want to say radical extreme Islam..

I agree. I don't understand what "ANTIwhatever" is trying to do, but as a leftist I certainly don't support that crap. Some one needs to come down hard on them - violence, distruction etc is not "free speech" nor is prohibiting the right of others to excersize free speech.

The problem with your support is you affirm the statement that CAL Students are violent and destructive. If and when one of the masked vandals is arrested and we can determine he or she is a student you might have a point. I personally watched protests which became violent at SFSU, CAL and at City Hall in SF and from that experience know that only a few participate in violent actions, and they are usually there to party, not to protest.

I know one thing for sure, things are almost always peaceful until the press arrive - cameras and microphones are the catalyst which provoke violence.

Good point. The right is using these as a means of smearing the entire left and the entire student body.

The issue isn't CAL students. It's those who are deliberately infiltrating, agitating and turning this to violence and that is not the entire student body.

But, that ignores another point - willingness to entertain opposing points of view?

But...is it the media or is it the anarchists/antifascists/whateverthey are taking advantage?

Yet another far left drone come in and runs the new religious mantra, next they will not want to say radical extreme Islam..

Good grief...in something that has nothing whatsoever to do with Islam you manage to find a way to drag it in :dunno:

Don't hire a Berkley grad. The school and the students will figure out what to do soon enough.

You are kidding yourself if you think they are not the mainstream of leftism today.

Let's put it this way: they are about as "mainstream" of leftism as the white supremacists are "mainstream" of rightism.

Does that sound about right to you?

Another horrid analogy made a far left drone!

You support the part of racism and fascism, know as the far left!

Far leftism is control and until you get them under control and punish them, they will always be part of the far left movement. The far left and ISIS have the same beliefs and Berkley campus is proof of that!

The history of the far left has been violent since the 60's, to deny is to deny reality. But
after you are a far left and watch as these drones deny reality..

Wow. I had no idea I supported all that. Thank you for enlightening me. I guess I will have to read up on what I'm supposed to believe.

I agree. I don't understand what "ANTIwhatever" is trying to do, but as a leftist I certainly don't support that crap. Some one needs to come down hard on them - violence, distruction etc is not "free speech" nor is prohibiting the right of others to excersize free speech.

The problem with your support is you affirm the statement that CAL Students are violent and destructive. If and when one of the masked vandals is arrested and we can determine he or she is a student you might have a point. I personally watched protests which became violent at SFSU, CAL and at City Hall in SF and from that experience know that only a few participate in violent actions, and they are usually there to party, not to protest.

I know one thing for sure, things are almost always peaceful until the press arrive - cameras and microphones are the catalyst which provoke violence.

Good point. The right is using these as a means of smearing the entire left and the entire student body.

The issue isn't CAL students. It's those who are deliberately infiltrating, agitating and turning this to violence and that is not the entire student body.

But, that ignores another point - willingness to entertain opposing points of view?

But...is it the media or is it the anarchists/antifascists/whateverthey are taking advantage?

The mayor of Berkley is an andifa member, so I say it extends far beyond some faceless organizers.

You have a major point there

The mayor of Berkley is an andifa member, so I say it extends far beyond some faceless organizers.

Is he? I thought he was just on a facebook group.

You are kidding yourself if you think they are not the mainstream of leftism today.

Let's put it this way: they are about as "mainstream" of leftism as the white supremacists are "mainstream" of rightism.

Far leftism is control and until you get them under control and punish them, they will always be part of the far left movement. The far left and ISIS have the same beliefs and Berkley campus is proof of that!

The history of the far left has been violent since the 60's, to deny is to deny reality. But

Wow. I had no idea I supported all that. Thank you for enlightening me. I guess I will have to read up on what I'm supposed to believe.
It's history

Why did you have to say that so I had to agree with you?

I still think you're pretty derp, but that statement was not derp.

Is he? I thought he was just on a facebook group.

Isn't that exactly how these freaks are organizing? Let's flip the situation, what would you say if Trump was on stormfronts facebook group?

The mayor of Berkley is an andifa member, so I say it extends far beyond faceless organizers.

Is he? I thought he was just on a facebook group.[/QUOTE

WTF

It's history

The problem is...I can't tell the difference between the far right and the far left in that history :dunno:

The mayor of Berkley is an andifa member, so I say it extends far beyond faceless organizers.

Is he? I thought he was just on a facebook group.[/QUOTE

WTF

Misconceptions surrounding Ann Coulter's now-canceled visit to campus | The Daily Californian

Misconception No. 1: Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguín is affiliated with Antifa

On Friday, media outlets such as Breitbart and Gateway Pundit alleged that Mayor Jesse Arreguín is a member and supporter of activist group By Any Means Necessary, or BAMN, because he is Facebook friends with BAMN organizer Yvette Felarca. The outlets also equated BAMN with the anti-fascist movement Antifa, although BAMN is a separate group from Antifa.

Stefan Elgstrand, Arreguín’s chief of staff, confirmed in an email that Arreguín is not a member of BAMN. Arreguín also denied the allegations, adding that he does not support Antifa’s views.

“On social media, following or liking pages does not mean you support what that group is doing,” Arreguín said in an email. “I follow Donald Trump on Twitter to stay up to date on what he’s saying. Would Breitbart suggest that makes me a Trump supporter?”

Arreguín alleged in his email that Breitbart is purposely broadcasting false information to portray Berkeley as anti-free speech. He emphasized that the city does its utmost to protect freedom of speech and peaceful assembly.

It's history

The problem is...I can't tell the difference between the far right and the far left in that history :dunno:

That is because you are far left drone nd can not see anything past your partisan blinders, Fascism is alive and exists in the far left party. The party you support without question or hesitation, but you do prove yet another perfect example of why the far left should never be in charge of anything.

Here's a thought. What if liberals knew that the blac bloc and Antifa were taking advantage and sheltered them because they thought in the end they would be victorious?

I will give 1 clue and 1 clue only, they will not.

Ain't no communist faction
Gaining traction
Now that
Obama's not here.

Here's a movie:

Americans peel Commies skullcaps off @ 300 yards.

Buh Bye!

Forum List

Back