Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smokey Robinson

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Elton John

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (too many to list!)

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
I'm having a difficult time here with male vocalists. :dunno: I have an easier time with female vocalists. Sounds strange, but it seems like men don't really have to have a really awesome voice to be successful and popular. Is more expected from women vocalists?

I'm having a difficult time here with male vocalists. :dunno: I have an easier time with female vocalists. Sounds strange, but it seems like men don't really have to have a really awesome voice to be successful and popular. Is more expected from women vocalists?
But you have to admit, some dudes can really sing. Granted, you won't find one with the pipes and range of a Christina, but so are most women.

But you have to admit, some dudes can really sing. Granted, you won't find one with the pipes and range of a Christina, but so are most women.

Oh, I know some of them can sing very well. I'm just thinking of people like Kurt Cobain and stuff, you know? They are popular but still not very good singers. Lol. Not to take anything away from Cobain. I love Nirvana. But that's what I mean, the men don't really seem to HAVE to have a very "nice" sounding voice. :)

Oh, I know some of them can sing very well. I'm just thinking of people like Kurt Cobain and stuff, you know? They are popular but still not very good singers. Lol. Not to take anything away from Cobain. I love Nirvana. But that's what I mean, the men don't really seem to HAVE to have a very "nice" sounding voice. :)
They're in the "not so nice voice, but can really sing" club.

They're in the "not so nice voice, but can really sing" club.

Don't you think Steve Perry could sing though? I know he kind of always sang in that high-pitched manner, but . . . . he was okay. :)

I don't know who this singer is, but if you can get past the monster guitarist to his left, this guy has got a set of pipes!

This is going to sound corny, but to this day, I can't listen to this entire song, because it hits a little too close to home.

Don't you think Steve Perry could sing though? I know he kind of always sang in that high-pitched manner, but . . . . he was okay. :)
Yeah, he could sing. It was just a little too feminine for me.

I'll tell you something else, I don't like Freddy Mercury. Never have and never will.

It's impossible to pick the best ever. For one, all the singers that come to mind, Sinatra, Bennett, Davis Jr., Frankie Laine and so on, that music isn't sung any more today except as Memory Lane events. Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder have proven themselves but are mostly limited to one or two genres.

In terms of pure flexibility, the current best is no doubt Adam Lambert. He's toured with Queen singing all the Freddie Mercury parts. He sang everything from hard rock to showtunes on AI. His vocal of U2's "One" is ranks among the best ever on that show.

And look at what he does to the incredibly touching plea to God in "Is Anybody Listening".

But is he the best ever? Of course not.

I was listening to a concert from a much younger Pavarotti and was blown away. Best ever? No.
We haven't even mentioned all the other genre's. I just can't do it. I think it's an impossible choice.

Yeah, he could sing. It was just a little too feminine for me.

I'll tell you something else, I don't like Freddy Mercury. Never have and never will.

Lol! Okay, I get it. They are a "chic" band. :D

I like a few from Queen.

Forum List

Back