Best of 1970's TV

What is your own favorite TV show of the '70s?

• Total voters

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
The 1970's was a break-through decade for TV. Comedies and dramas were less frequently shot in a studio and shows touched on subjects not previously seen on network TV,

I'm listing a few of the most popular shows on a poll ... feel free to write-in your own favorites and the reason why.

I always liked Charlie's Angels, the tremendous drama featuring dames as the private eyes.

Gave people a lot of positive feeling about women in law enforcement at a time when broads in the field really were confined to meter maid and crossing guard positions.

Saturday Night Live

The only one that is still on

And hasn't really been funny since the original cast left.

The comedy based on SNL, "30 Rock" was actually much funnier than the show itself.

And hasn't really been funny since the original cast left.

The comedy based on SNL, "30 Rock" was actually much funnier than the show itself.
They have had some great cast members since then

Eddie Murphy
Billy Crystal
Chris Rock
Mike Meyers

I didn't like M.A.S.H. at all I loved the actors but I guess the tv show and movie it was based on didn't sit well with me having relatives in both Korean and Vietnam conflicts. The TV show has grown on me over the years and I watch the reruns.
All the other shows mentioned I loved. My 5 sisters were big fans of Laverne and Shirley. The Waltons and Little House On the Prarrie

Eddie Murphy
Billy Crystal
Chris Rock
Mike Meyers
They became woke. When the women became more powerful, and the skits reflected Prog agendas the show tanked. Last year in just one of hundreds and hundreds of skits there was one with a woman holding a rifle dissing Boebert I believe. Boebert complained and the female SNL member told her to screw herself with venom. Thus proving Prog propaganda. Watching Boebert go to that woman and shove the butt end of a rifle into her skull until the brain becomes liquified is deserved.

I didn't like M.A.S.H. at all I loved the actors but I guess the tv show and movie it was based on didn't sit well with me having relatives in both Korean and Vietnam conflicts. The TV show has grown on me over the years and I watch the reruns.
All the other shows mentioned I loved. My 5 sisters were big fans of Laverne and Shirley. The Waltons and Little House On the Prarrie

MASH is probably the one show from the 70s that is not dated.

They became woke. When the women became more powerful, and the skits reflected Prog agendas the show tanked. Last year in just one of hundreds and hundreds of skits there was one with a woman holding a rifle dissing Boebert I believe. Boebert complained and the female SNL member told her to screw herself with venom. Thus proving Prog propaganda. Watching Boebert go to that woman and shove the butt end of a rifle into her skull until the brain becomes liquified is deserved.

Liberals comedy quit being funny somewhere since the 1970's. All they do nowadays is make political comments for applause lines instead of laughter.

Great comics like Rodney and Don Rickles would be rolling over in their graves. Just listening to either of those great men's speeches, you wouldn't know their political position.

Liberals comedy quit being funny somewhere since the 1970's. All they do nowadays is make political comments for applause lines instead of laughter.

Great comics like Rodney and Don Rickles would be rolling over in their graves. Just listening to either of those great men's speeches, you wouldn't know their political position.

Conservative Comedy consists of slipping on a banana peel or getting hit in the face with a pie.

Eddie Murphy
Billy Crystal
Chris Rock
Mike Meyers

And Tina Fey, Will Ferrell, Bill Hader, and others.

I think the quality of the writing went downhill after the first few seasons. That, and the fact that after a few years, the show wasn't cutting-edge any more.

It's like "M*A*S*H", originally one of the funniest shows on TV, eventually self-indulgent and preachy. Alan Alda was so full of himself I don't know how any of the other cast members could stand him.

And Tina Fey, Will Ferrell, Bill Hader, and others.

I think the quality of the writing went downhill after the first few seasons. That, and the fact that after a few years, the show wasn't cutting-edge any more.

It's like "M*A*S*H", originally one of the funniest shows on TV, eventually self-indulgent and preachy. Alan Alda was so full of himself I don't know how any of the other cast members could stand him.

MASH got better as it went along
Originally it was more slapstick with Hawkeye doing a Groucho Marx impression.

Later on, characters were given more depth
Hot Lips became more intellectual
Klinger took off his dress
Winchester had more personality than Frank
Potter was a better leader than Henry
BJ had a deeper role than Trapper

Forum List

Back